Transvaginal Ultrasound, Hysteroscopy, Hysterosonogram, or Hysterosalpingogram?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 09:01 AM
trusting and believing
Where do I start? I'm expecting bloodwork soon. If it comes back normal, I want to move on to looking into the uterus. My issue=recurrent (2) chemical pregnancies.
January 19th, 2010, 12:22 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HSG, is what I had done with the RE, it was standard protocal. Dye go's through your uteris and tubes to show if there is any blockage or not. On a positive note, if your getting pregnant where the egg implants, this usually means no blockage......good luck to you.
January 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
trusting and believing
Ahhh, thank you pointing that out about implantation. I guess since hpt's are +, it means implantation (or attachment) to some degree has occurred, but it is short-lived.

I really hope they find something in the blood that's a quick-fix. I just checked online on my insurance website at my current claims and seeing the *actual* amount of the bloodwork made me buck my eyes! I can only imagine how much an hsg or similar procedure would cost, especially if they had to actually remove something (surgery). Thank goodness for decent insurance coverage though.
January 19th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
Are these questions to ask you RE, OB... Or just general questions?

For me I went to my ob... he did the basic blood work, CD3 Bloodwork than Transvaginal U/S to look at my lining and Ovaries.. (who by the way on cd12.. Had no mature follies)..

Prior to this I did go see an RE who did a transvaginal U/S to look at my uterus, lining and Ovaries I was only on CD5 at that U/S... He ordered more blood work, a SA for DH, Bloodwork for DH, he wanted to a clomid challenge.. and schedule me for a HSG and Hysteroscopy.
** The reason I have not followed up with the RE is finacial reasons... DH's bloodwork was 8,600+ dollars... I am still fighting with that... so before I schedule more testing that I will be responsiable for I need to pay down the 8,600 blood work bill. So I am trying to get as much done with my OB since his services are covered....

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
January 19th, 2010, 02:36 PM
HSG was covered by my ins. 100%. The acutual cost billed to my ins. was 1200.00 for the testing. Im sure your dr. may want to start with something simpler like just an u/s of the lining and ovaries.....much cheaper!
January 20th, 2010, 08:13 AM
trusting and believing
Kary, I'm asking because I want to know what others have done. I have not received my bloodwork results yet, so there may not even be a need to peek into my uterus but I thought I'd ask.

I hate that they sent you such an exorbitant medical bill. I hope you win your fight against it.

momof4,

Isn't it great to have good insurance coverage? Well, this morning I asked the co-worker who referred me to the doc I'm now seeing. She's been through what I've been through and is now 14 weeks along, but at one time she had a transvaginal ultrasound and a either a hysteroscopy or HSG. I asked her this morning about insurance coverage (because we obviously have the same insurance ) and she said they were 100% covered. So hopefully, nothing has changed since she had hers' done.
January 20th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I love my insurance, I dont know how I would survived (literally) and financially. I have had the same insurance for over 9yrs now, and they covered 100% of my breast cancer treatment, surgeries, re-construction, and all my fertility issues. I even had IVF and other forms of fertility treatment covered at 100%. Thankfully I did not need it, but it was reasurring. I pay a fortune, but it has saved my life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search