Need some advice......?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2005, 03:52 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As you girls know.....my doctor said my FSH levels were high back in Feb. I have read they can go up & down. When I ask him if it would be possible for us to concieve naturally...He said it is possible but not likely. I have read up on Clomid.....I believe it is not real safe for me to take it at my age. So, we decided that I will not take clomid.
John & I feel if it is GODs way we will concieve a baby together naturally. I really do not want to give up right now. There is the chance that if I become pregnant I could miscarry. { With my age I am at higher risk for miscarrying}

Do you think my hubby & I should keep TTC? Would you?

March 9th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Veteran
Tammy,

That's a tough question. If you guys feel like you both have a need to ttc then I say you should. Why is not clomid safe "at your age?" How is it any different than taking it in your late 20's or early 30's?

March 10th, 2005, 10:13 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by momtocurtis@Mar 9 2005, 07:56 PM
Tammy,

That's a tough question.* If you guys feel like you both have a need to ttc then I say you should.* Why is not clomid safe "at your age?"* How is it any different than taking it in your late 20's or early 30's?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hi Shelly,
I went on a site that has women on it over 40 that are TTC.{ With high FSH levels} They said on there that clomid thins out your uteris. I just worry it may cause problems with my body later. And my OB GYN told us that they have not done enough research on the long term effects of clomid. I am concerned about cancer of my female organs. Cancer runs high in both sides of my family. I just do not want to take chances.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search