Waiting for first cycle after miscarriage

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Hi, I am new to these boards. I had a missed m/c in Dec and a D&C on Jan 7th. It was our first pregnancy and we were devastated! I have PCOS and we got pregnant on our first round of clomid so we remain very hopeful!

Now, I am just waiting for my period. It has been 6 weeks and I am getting anxious. My dr. told us to wait until after my 2nd period before going back on clomid and trying again. I made an appt with my dr for this Thursday if I don't get my period because I want her to give me a shot of progesterone to induce it.

Anyone ever get the progesterone shot to start their period? How long did your doctors tell you to wait before TTC again? I have a few friends whose doctor told them 1 month. I might ask my dr on Thursday if we can try after 1 month instead of 2.

Waiting is soooo hard!
February 20th, 2011, 06:49 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for your loss Waiting to TTC after a loss is very hard. We ended up trying before my first AF post-D&C, even though my doctor told us to wait 1 cycle.

Did your doctor follow your HCG levels down to negative after your D&C? It took me 11 weeks to get AF after my D&C, but that was because my HCG levels took about 10 weeks to get to negative. Because they were going slowly, my doctor also did an ultrasound to check for retained tissue after the D&C.

I really hope that you get pregnant on your first round of Clomid again!
February 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am very soryr for your loss. After my first loss I did progesterone pills for 10 days to get AF to come. It had been 8 weeks since my D&C and my levels were at zero and no sign of her. I was told I could try right away because if my body wasn't ready to get pregnant it wouldn't. I hope your doctor lets you try again soon Welcome to the board!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

February 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Thank you ladies! My doctor did not track my HGC levels. She only did a follow-up internal exam about 10 days after my d&c. I will ask her to test my levels on Thursday. I really want to start clomid again after my first period. I hope she will change her mind!

8 weeks to 11 weeks is so long to wait! I don't want to have to wait that long. ugh. I really hope she will give me the progesterone pills or shot.
February 20th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I hope she gives you one of them too. If she doesn't want to give you clomid you could always just try a cycle without it and see what happens

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

February 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
You will never believe it.... I just got my period!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

now... on to convincing my dr. to start clomid

You are right, we could always try without it. I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own so it might not work without... but you never know.

Thanks ladies
February 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM
YAY! Glad the witch showed on her own You could also try soy (it's a natural clomid) I know there are lots of ladies here who have tried it. You take the same dosage you did of clomid as well as the same days.

My blog

February 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome to the board. I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad AF showed on her own and you don't have to wait for her. I hope your dr will allow you to start clomid this cycle instead of next. I hope it doesn't take to long for you to get your rainbow baby.
February 20th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 20th, 2011, 01:58 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I am so sorry for your loss. That is great that AF showed!! Welcome to the board and wishing you the best with TTC!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

February 20th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss, but welcome to TTCAL. The ladies here are great. I'm glad the old witch showed for you. See- all you needed to do was post on TTCAL.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
February 21st, 2011, 07:05 AM
Thank you!!! Much appreciated
April 19th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Shortcake,
I am in the same boat. D&C after 8 weeks 2/24/11. Its been 8 weeks and still no AF. I am on my 8th day of progesterone pills (10 day cycle) and still have not started. How long after finishing your progesterone did it take to start?
Thanks
April 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
YAY! Glad the witch showed on her own You could also try soy (it's a natural clomid) I know there are lots of ladies here who have tried it. You take the same dosage you did of clomid as well as the same days.
My sneaky brain thought the same thing Although I thought you took double the soy you took compared to Clomid. Like 80mg Clomid = 160mg soy? Never tried Clomid, not sure, but I did soy for three cycles! No luck for me, but I'm a tough girl to knock up, so don't use me as an example.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

April 20th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Soy did nothing for me other than make me want to eat EVERYTHING. It was crazy.
April 20th, 2011, 06:37 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry. I am in the waiting boat with you. I will start my first round of clomid my next cycle.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!

Tags
clomid , miscarriage , pcos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search