Friday Five!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 03:42 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Where do you like to vacation?
How do you want to be remembered?
What does your screen name mean?
What is your perfect pizza?
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

June 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Where do you like to vacation? Dh has a camp. We love going out there. It is so relaxing out there. No Phones, no electricity, no interuptions.
How do you want to be remembered? anyway anyone wants to
What does your screen name mean? My mom always called me Staceygirl when I was growing up. The name has always stuck. What ever state I am living in I add that to the end.
What is your perfect pizza? Lots of cheese and different meats on it.
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so? I am a different person thanks to my husband. Before Dh I never really let anyone in. Dh knows everything about me and loves me no matter what. He doesn't try to change me. I am a better person because he lets me be me. I am also different from all the losses we have had. Sometimes I think all the losses change me in ways that isn't really good.
June 24th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Veteran
Where do you like to vacation? Anywhere out of my hometown
How do you want to be remembered? Kind and loving
What does your screen name mean? I am the momma to two basset hounds
What is your perfect pizza? Pepperoni and green olives with a thin crispy crust
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so? Maybe a little. I got married five years ago and we have both grown up a lot in realizing what we want for our future

June 24th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Duh

I don't have any grand ideas about this. My friends and family will remember me as I am.

Pronounced "shadow". It was a character name of mine in an online game.

Spinach & gorgonzola

How could I not be? My son was 1 year old, I lived in a different house and a different town. I had a different job. Some things are very different, but the core of who I am never really changes.
June 24th, 2011, 06:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where do you like to vacation? The beach

How do you want to be remembered? I want to be remembered as a loving caring person.

What does your screen name mean? screen name is my name and I'm a lawyer so Melissalaw

What is your perfect pizza? Cheese pizza with mushroom and thin crust

Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so? Yes I am more patient now than I was 5 years ago. I think I owe that to my 2 year old.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 24th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Where do you like to vacation? We love to travel and rarely go the same place twice. My current fave is Costa Rica (we went earlier this month).
How do you want to be remembered? I want to be remembered as someone who made a difference in some way. Someone who touched other people's lives in a positive way and loved her friends and family unconditionally.
What does your screen name mean? My name and the age I was when I created my account. Nothing interesting
What is your perfect pizza? Extra cheese and sausage on a medium crust.
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so Yes, 5 years ago I had just moved to a different state (and dragged DH rather unwillingly along) to start a new job. Since then we have built a life here, had Jack and spent the last year unsuccessfully TTC #2 with one m/c thrown in there. The new job made me stronger, tougher and more confident. Having Jack changed me in ways I can't describe, refocused me on what was really important in life and forced me to make some tough work/life balance decisions. The last year of TTC (and the m/c)...have (and continue to) change me. For the first time in my life I really want something that I can't seem to make happen. I can't control this process and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to affect the outcome. And that is a truly humbling experience for a Type A personality with some admitted control issues

June 24th, 2011, 06:58 AM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't taken big, extragavant vacations in years so lately I've been loving the day trips that my dh and I will take when the kids are gone. We live in northern Indiana near Michigan and Michigan has so many lake towns that are full of shops, and beaches, and scenery. I love it!

I want to be remembered as someone who tried to do the best I could in every situation. I feel that I'm really guided by my conscience and in a "do the right thing/do the wrong thing" kind of situation I really try to do the right thing everytime. I'm not perfect but I think honesty and doing the right thing really won't lead you wrong.

I have always been "Jessica" at about every message board I've posted at. Then once when I registered that name was *gasp* taken so I just added an "S". Since then I've kept using it because it's never taken. hehe

Cheese, just cheese-- with enough cheese to choke on! haha

Five years ago I had been divorced a year so I was a year into being a single mom. My kids were only 4 and 5 at that time. My dh and I were in a very new relationship and I was trying to figure out if I even wanted to be in a relationship because I was really liking the control of being the captain of my own ship-- my house, my rules, my money, my discipline of the kids, my way everyday.

I guess the me of five years ago was happy to be free of a terrible marriage, sad that my kids were growing up in a "broken home", but happy that they were now not experiencing the ugly that my prior marriage had brought, and happy to be having new adventures with my boyfriend (who is now my dh), and just basically surviving.

I never would've dreamed that I would not only be married now but trying to have another baby since my first dh and I had decided no more kids and he had a vasectomy. Funny how life throws you a curve ball...
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
June 24th, 2011, 12:36 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Where do you like to vacation? I love the mountains but are terrified of heights. My ideal vacation would be Lake Tahoe.
How do you want to be remembered? Hopefully as a loving mother and wife.
What does your screen name mean? Lindsey is my first name, E stands for my last name, and 117 stands for Nov. 7th when my son was born.
What is your perfect pizza? I only eat BBQ chicken pizzas. But anything other than red pizza sauce is good for me.
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so? I truly think so. 5 years ago I was trying to find myself after coming out of a bad relationship. It is when I met my husband and I learned to love someone all over again. Now my family comes before anything and everything else, and I prefer it that way.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
June 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM
fudge.knockers's Avatar Regular
Where do you like to vacation? I've never been there, but I'm sure I would LOVE Hawaii. LOL
How do you want to be remembered? As a kind and loving person.
What does your screen name mean? When my nephew was 4, he used to call Fuddruckers Fudgeknockers, it makes me laugh and warms my heart every time I see it.
What is your perfect pizza? The Rosa from Pizza Bianco's, soooo good!
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? I'm completely different, 5 years ago I was single wondering if I would ever meet someone, now I'm much stronger as a person, I'm in love, hopeful for a family, living in a new home, and just happy happy happy!
June 24th, 2011, 02:08 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Where do you like to vacation? somewhere Northish in the middle of nowhere. I loved our trip last year to Minnesota.
How do you want to be remembered? As a loving caring person.
What does your screen name mean? My first name (ok nickname) and the first letter of my last name.
What is your perfect pizza? St. Louis style with onion, black olive and bacon. preferably with provel cheese.
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so? Five years ago I was in a miserable relationship, with my husband (now ex) living in a different state, because it was more important than living with his wife. But when we were together all he did was berate me. I was depressed, drank way too much and just all around miserable. Now I'm much much happier, married to my best friend and have a beautiful son together, and even though struggling with TTC have a pretty darn good life.

June 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM
praying for our rainbow
Where do you like to vacation? the beach

How do you want to be remembered? As a good wife/mother

What does your screen name mean? M for my first name Michelle Turner is my last name and 0630 is our anniversary

What is your perfect pizza? Sausage, black olives, onions and green peppers

Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so? Yes, five years ago i was in an abusive marriage, and was pretty much selfish and sheltered.

June 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where do you like to vacation? I haven't been many places but my favorite so far is Las Vegas.
How do you want to be remembered? I want to be remembered as someone who always tried their hardest at everything they did.
What does your screen name mean? Its my daughters first and middle name, and well I'm her mama
What is your perfect pizza? Pepperoni and Pineapple :drool:
Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago? How so? Absolutely. I would like to think I have grown up quite a bit.

Tags
friday , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search