Friday Five!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 03:46 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Is it easier to forgive or forget?
How do you feel about tanning booths?
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures?
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?)
Would you consider yourself adventurous?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 1st, 2011, 04:43 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it easier to forgive or forget? I'm not so good at either one.
How do you feel about tanning booths? The only time that I've used one was to get a little color when we got married and a base tan for our honeymoon. They're not for me, but if others want to use them it doesn't bother me. Unless, of course, you look like rawhide.
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? take them
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) I've told DH that after we're done having kids he's buying me new boobs. I don't want anything extravagant, just what I had before I had kids, which wasn't much.
not really

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

July 1st, 2011, 05:22 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Is it easier to forgive or forget? Forgive. I don't forget.
How do you feel about tanning booths? Iam not a fan of tanning period haha. Other than just getting one from being outside. I don't mind being pasty. haha
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? Take
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) Most likely no. I really need to lose weight so If my skin was really saggy I would consider a surgery to fix that if it was bad enough. Blargh.
Would you consider yourself adventurous? Yes to an extent Though I won't be bungee jumping anytime soon haha.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
July 1st, 2011, 05:38 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Is it easier to forgive or forget? Forgive.
How do you feel about tanning booths? I think they are horrible- you should have to watch a video on cancer, and sign a waiver before ever being allowed to tan- and definitely over 18. Too many young women and teens don't realize the damage they are doing to their bodies- it's the it's can't happen to me mentality- or I'd rather be tan and dead then white and healthy attitude.
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? Take- hate myself in pictures
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) Yes, have had rhinoplasty, and after babies I would consider a tummy tuck.
Would you consider yourself adventurous? Not as much as I used to be, but still somewhat.

July 1st, 2011, 06:05 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Forgive

I don't use them. I don't believe in subjecting myself to the negatives associated with tanning whether it be from the sun or a tanning bed. I don't care what other people do though.

Take. I hate being in pictures.

Probably not. I am a pessimist when it comes to elective surgery. I always feel like I'd be the one person who had the freak accident. I thought about the laser eye thing, but I don't want to go blind. I am also not very hung up on how I look. My husband thinks I am beautiful, so why do I need to change anything?

Depends on how you define adventurous. If you mean extreme sports, then no.
July 1st, 2011, 06:32 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl

I do not forgive very easily, unless the other person makes a huge effort. I have been burned way too many times.

I used to tan as a teenager, and my skin is feeling the effects now. I do not like them, and I think people who over tan look ridiculous. Especially orange spray tans. Light tans are ok. Only my opinion though, not meaning to offend anyone.

It is not very often I get a good picture of myself. I am shocked when I do. I am not very photogenic believe it or not. So I'd rather take them.

Yes! I do not think I could ever get boobs, just because you have to replace them every 10 years, but I would die for a tummy tuck after we are done with kids. I have a flat"ish" (gained a little weight) stomach, but I have SEVERE stretch marks below my belly button. I want to feel confident enough to wear something other than tunics or extremely long shirts. I want to be able to wear a bikini again.

I love trying new things, but I am a huge scaredy cat. Go figure. I'd probably try something, but be annoying about it and scream the whole time.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
July 1st, 2011, 06:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it easier to forgive or forget? Forgive, it is so difficult to forget.

How do you feel about tanning booths? Loved them when I was younger now just feel like they give me more wrinkles..lol.

Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? I would much rather be in pictures, I am not that great of a picture taker.

Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) I don't think I would have plastic surgery but I might do botox.

Would you consider yourself adventurous? I think I was more adventurous when I was younger, now with a two year old I am mostly too tired to be adventurous.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 1st, 2011, 08:13 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Is it easier to forgive or forget? Forgive. I never forget
How do you feel about tanning booths? I wouldn't use one. I don't believe in them.
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? Take pictures. I hate having my picture taken.
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) Yes and I have had plastic surgery. I had a tummy tuck done after I lost a lot of weight.
Would you consider yourself adventurous? Sometimes.
July 1st, 2011, 08:34 AM
fudge.knockers's Avatar Regular
Is it easier to forgive or forget? I think both are difficult because I wonder if you can't forget can you ever truly forgive?
How do you feel about tanning booths? Don't use them, I'm Mexican so I have natural color, heehee, but they are also very dangerous.
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? I love to take pictures, to capture the moments of life.
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) I'd love to reduce my boobs, darn things are heavy! Hahhaha, plus I lost a lot of weight and have extra skin so I wouldn't mind having that removed.
Would you consider yourself adventurous? Not really, I'm a homebody, I like the simple things in life.
July 1st, 2011, 09:32 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it easier to forgive or forget? Forgive...I have a really hard time forgetting.
How do you feel about tanning booths? I used to use them but they dried my skin out too much...plus now I am way more conscious about skin cancer so I wouldn't use one again. If I needed a quick tan, I'd probably do the spray tan thing.
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? Definitely take them. I hate having my picture taken.
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) I have breast implants and it was the best decision I ever made. In the future, I think I would definitely have more stuff done as I get older, if I can afford it.
Would you consider yourself adventurous? Not really. I used to be more adventurous when I was younger but now I'm a total wimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
Yes! I do not think I could ever get boobs, just because you have to replace them every 10 years.
Not necessarily...I think it probably depends on where you go/what brand the implants are, and also it would depend on your lifestyle. Mine have a 30 year warranty, lol.
July 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mylie12
Is it easier to forgive or forget? i don't do well with both i kinda keep grudges and don't let go of stuff to well

How do you feel about tanning booths? i used to tan daily in beds as a teenager kinda obsess about it had more then one account at different locations but i have then smarten up and i don't do them at all i even refused to tan before the wedding i have read so many things now and i now know that they are dangerous

Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? take picture i would love to get a better camera and take some classes and do photography on the side

Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) i prolly won't ever have surgery dh is soooo against it but if i had money and the oppetunity hell yes lol

Would you consider yourself adventurous? not at all lol

July 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
praying for our rainbow
Is it easier to forgive or forget? It is easier to forgive, I can never forget

How do you feel about tanning booths? I used to love them but not so much anymore.

Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? I would rather take pictures

Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) No, I am happy the way I am with all my imperfections.

Would you consider yourself adventurous? No, I am very much not.

July 1st, 2011, 08:18 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it easier to forgive or forget? I think its easier to forgive. I never forget.
How do you feel about tanning booths? Honestly, I do tan. I'll go once every couple weeks when my joints start to hurt really bad. I have a light tan, which is a plus. I mainly started going because of the disc issues I have in my back. The intense heat helps like nothing I've ever done before.
Would you rather take pictures or be in pictures? I would rather take the pictures/
Would you ever have plastic surgery? (if so what?) Absolutely. I plan on getting breast implants. It will be a long while though. And its not to make my DH happy or anyone else, but myself. I am no longer comfortable with my chest after pregnancy and nursing. I keep hearing my breasts will fill back out so we will see what happens. But if they keep looking like they do now I will definitely be getting fake ones.
Would you consider yourself adventurous? Absolutely. I learned how to ride a motorcycle today
July 4th, 2011, 04:58 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
1- i have found it's easy to forgive but near impossible to forget.
2- never used them
3- take pictures - i love photography but am very rarely in the photos
4- i will probably have a boob job when im 40-50 just to keep everything firm and in its rightful place
5- yes im very adventurous - i never stay put for more than 2 years at a time

...and baby number 2
July 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Easier to forgive. I'm usually quick to forgive in the name of getting past the uncomfortable but I never forget-- ever.

Love them, hate that there are so many risks. I'm a sporadic user. When I was in my early twenties I stayed tan because I thought I looked better darker. Once I started having kids I was pale all year long. I tanned more recently for events, like before our spring break vacation. I'll probably tan again for my 20 year high school reunion.

I am the picture taker of my family. That said I make sure at least once an event to pass the camera to someone and have someone take a picture of me with someone or in a group. I want to remember that I was there too. hehe

Sure if I ever had extra money for it. I tend to carry my weight through my butt and thies. If I could suck off some of that I would feel really good about myself.

Um, no. I love routine. I love to be spontaneous sometimes but it's never to do something daring. I don't have a death wish. hehe
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C

Tags
friday , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search