Is this a load of crap?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 11:40 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
So, DH's boss knows we tried for 8 cycles to get pregnant and then had a m/c, and are now heading into our 3rd cycle of TTC since the m/c. She is insisting that I should stop bf-ing, because "a friend of hers had trouble, and couldn't hold a pregnancy until she stopped bf-ing". She told DH that bf-ing can discourage implantation of a fertilized egg. Is that total BS? Of course I know that bf-ing can keep you from ovulating, but that is for sure not the case in my situation. Beyond that, I have never heard of other "concerns" that go along with TTC while bf-ing. I personally am leaning towards chalking this "advice" up as being a load of crap... opinions?

August 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I honestly don't know if its true or not but I would probably tell her to mind her own darn business LOL. It can't hurt to ask the dr IMO. I have heard of no ovulation as well but never anything else. Wonder what dr google says?

Will nursing cause me to m/c if I get pg? Is it safe to nurse during pregnancy?
Studies show that nursing during pregnancy is safe. There is a theoretical risk to those women who have had recurrent miscarriages or are at risk for pre term labor. Nursing causes contractions which are smaller than those that occur during sex. It's therefore believed that any woman who has permission from their care provider to have sex, can also breast feed. For more info please read:
A New Look at the Safety
of Breastfeeding During Pregnancy
by Hilary Dervin Flower, MA
kellymom.com ::

Myths vs Facts:
Breastfeeding During Pregnancy and Tandem Nursing
kellymom.com ::
Breastfeeding During Pregnancy LLL
LLLI | Breastfeeding During Pregnancy

NursingTwo.com!
Nursing Two
How Tandem Nursing
Birthed Me as a Mother of Two
by Hilary Dervin Flower
Nursing Two

The Medical Stance: Nursing during Pregnancy
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology

TTC WHILE BREASTFEEDING FACT SHEET - iVillage Message Boards

Some of the links are working when I copy them over so here is where I found them just in case.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Last edited by JessP; August 9th, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
August 9th, 2011, 12:20 AM
kellymom.com :: Breastfeeding and Fertility

August 9th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks. My OB said absolutely NOT when I asked her if the bf-ing had anything to do with my m/c or would have any impact on my fertility. I've had a regular cycle since 6 weeks pp with Josiah, and got my first period 4 weeks pp with the m/c. So, I really don't believe it is impacting my fertility. DH is just clueless and for some reason trusts his boss completely, even when she spews stuff like this. And yes, even though I like her, I wish she would mind her own business. But, to be fair... DH is a bit of a blabbermouth with her!!!

August 9th, 2011, 04:16 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd be so weirded out that my DH was telling his boss (in our case a stranger to me) about my fertility and re-productivity!

I concur with everything the ladies said above! Total hogwash

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

August 9th, 2011, 04:56 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Haha my DH does not talk about things like that lol. He would be so red in the face even talking about sex

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 9th, 2011, 05:04 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like she's taking what happened to her friend (which was probably a coincidence) and spouting it off as truth. I can't see that being true and it not having been all over JM before.
August 9th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I can see how it would be true if her cycles weren't regular and the BF was impacting her fertility but since you are so regular your BF isn't impacting your fertility and I would go with the DR opinion as well. Hopefully some of the info I found while I couldn't sleep helped . Crazy people.

August 9th, 2011, 07:52 AM
It's kind of a weird situation with DH's boss, because she is a colleague, but also has become a friend. She lives right in our same neighborhood, so she knows our family, and DH and her even sometimes carpool to work. They've worked together for a long time, so they know each other really well. As for discussing stuff like this, DH doesn't get uncomfortable. His degree is in marriage and family therapy, so he's used to discussing this stuff

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search