Am I allowed

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Veteran
So, there is this bar close to my house....it's a co-op bar. I would love to go and have a couple hand crafted pints.....but for some reason the hipsters who can breed bring thier infants and toddlers.... To the bar!
I just want to drink and not be reminded about babies. Who brings thier kids to a bar anyway? I mean it must have been get a $1 off your beer with every kid you bring night. Ugh!!! I feel so mad that I can't even escape at the pub. I swear if my eyes were lasers they would have all burst into flames.
I feel guilty for feeling this way, am I allowed to be this angry?
August 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM
morris126's Avatar Veteran
You have every right to feel angry. I am sorry that you could not escape like you wanted to. It can be very hard to be around babies/kids after having a loss. I will be praying for you!

August 10th, 2011, 07:29 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Your allowed to feel however you do. It's natural to feel anger, sadness, depression, fear, everything. ((HUGS)) We are here for you!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 10th, 2011, 07:29 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You absolutely have the right to be angry. It's totally normal and natural and also part of the grieving process. There are no wrong emotions when dealing with a loss. I don't blame you for wanting to escape and the fact that your retreat was full of babies must have been even more heartbreaking for you. I also don't understand why people would take their babies/children to a bar...unless it's also a place that serves food.
August 10th, 2011, 07:30 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
People bring thier kids to a bar? Now I have a problem with that. There are certain places you do not bring a child and that is one of them. How is that even legal?

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
August 10th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Veteran
Not sure how it's legal, and they do serve bar food, burger, fries, and cheese plates.....but it's a micro brewery/independent beer bar......
August 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'm sorry! You have every right to be angry, it's part of the process, and your feelings are your feelings.

The food is how it's legal, if they are classified as a restaurant, kids are allowed. Someplaces do have laws about kids sitting at the bar itself, but bar/restaurants allow kids- in some places it's the only restaurant.
August 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I would have been angry about seeing people bring babies and kids to the Pub and drinking Pints (and subsequently probably driving kids home after drinking?) regardless of losing Kaiya! Not appropriate! You have every right to be extra sensitive about it after a loss for sure. For a long time, and something still, it was hard for me to see anyone out with kids, at the store or a restaurant. It made me very jealous and sad that I should have my little girl with me too, but can't now!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
August 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
As long as you don't take it out on people, you can feel whatever you want. But if some maniac started screaming at me because I had a child and they didn't, then it might get ugly.
August 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Veteran
I don't take it out on them, and have never uttered a word to any one with a kid..... But I have had the dagger eyes..... I can't deny that. These people though, and I know don't know thier story....but I would never take my kid to a bar even for one drink much less getting snockered with my toddler.....
August 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
Your allowed to feel however you do. It's natural to feel anger, sadness, depression, fear, everything. ((HUGS)) We are here for you!
Ditto.

*hugs*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search