Had my RE appointment yesterday (loss mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
deleted

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by LindseyE117; December 2nd, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
August 10th, 2011, 07:34 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
((HUGS)) I am so sorry. Sounds like they are admitting they screwed up and IMO you should get to do another cycle free of charge from them. I'm glad your DH's numbers are increasing that is awesome! This just totally sucks though. What kind of credit are they offering?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 10th, 2011, 07:46 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry hon I hope that she follows through and you get your free cycle. HUGS!!

=May '05 and '11

August 10th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
((HUGS)) I am so sorry. Sounds like they are admitting they screwed up and IMO you should get to do another cycle free of charge from them. I'm glad your DH's numbers are increasing that is awesome! This just totally sucks though. What kind of credit are they offering?
That's what James thinks too. I seriously doubt they will though. I had to stop him from going off on the doctor. He was so angry yesterday.

August 10th, 2011, 08:07 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that they should give you a cycle for free! I don't blame you for being angry. It is definitely infuriating! But, that is great news about his numbers! It would be so great if you are able to conceive naturally!!!
August 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry abou the loss. I agree with the other ladies, they should give you a free cycle. Glad his number are good. Maybe you guys can get pregnant on your own.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
That's what James thinks too. I seriously doubt they will though. I had to stop him from going off on the doctor. He was so angry yesterday.
I would push the issue if I was you. This isn't like this was something that cost a little bit of money, it's a BIG deal. This could be the verdict of you getting your forever baby. I would sit down and talk to them and tell them that you feel it was an error on their part and your not asking for money, just a cycle to compensate.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
I would push the issue if I was you. This isn't like this was something that cost a little bit of money, it's a BIG deal. This could be the verdict of you getting your forever baby. I would sit down and talk to them and tell them that you feel it was an error on their part and your not asking for money, just a cycle to compensate.
I TOTALLY AGREE!! They basically flat out admitted error on their part during your appointment. You had major health issues related to that last cycle, all because of the method they chose to use. At the bare minimum, you deserve another shot FREE OF CHARGE. Of course the best possible scenario would be you getting pregnant on your own, and them crediting the money toward your loan FX'd that is the end of your story!!

August 10th, 2011, 09:03 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree about pushing the issue. They're dealing with people's hopes and dreams in a high stakes, high money environment. If they screwed up they need to take the loss not you!! They don't have a right to screw up when you're paying them so much money. I'm glad the Clomid helped your DH's counts. I'm thinking that a fertility vitamin for you wouldn't hurt. I hope that you're able to conceive naturally, but I do think that you should go after them for their screw up.
August 10th, 2011, 10:03 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
It can't hurt to push the issue some. But it may be hard because fertility isn't an exact science, and although they think the protocol was to blame, they can't see the future either. But they are willing to give you credit on the FET for another fresh cycle, which is good too, although like I said it can't hurt to push them.
It is awesome about your DH's count! That is great! I'm really hoping you end up with a BFP before you go back to the RE!

And a fertility blend can't hurt! DH has been on one and his numbers jumped big time last time. And a fertility blend can't hurt you either- I'm actually trying the geritol thing now. It's suppose to boost fertility.

August 10th, 2011, 02:51 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Push it Lindsey, the worst that happens is they say No and you are no worse off than you are now.

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
August 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with pushing the issue! It was their mistake and if you are persistent enough give you what you are asking.

My Life As A Mom

My Wedding Blog
August 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry Lindsey. And I agree with the other ladies you should be compensated. That is an expensive procedure and they screwed up.
August 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am so sorry you had to go through all that and I think they owe you a free one especially since they are ADMITTING their screw up.

Maybe you SHOULD be persistant...you've been through a lot! *hugs* always here for you if you ever need to chat.
August 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
deleted

Last edited by LindseyE117; December 2nd, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
August 11th, 2011, 12:14 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Yeah, you have to make sure you are in a place where you can remain CALM while pushing the issue. If you are feeling like you're still too emotional to be able to do that, then I would wait a bit longer. And I can totally understand you not feeling like jumping right into another cycle. I would push for a free cycle, with the OPTION of crediting the money towards the debt from your last cycle. That way if you get pregnant on your own and/or choose not to do another cycle with them, you still get help covering your medical debt.

August 11th, 2011, 12:26 AM
ttcivfma's Avatar Stephanie
Oh Hun I am sooo sorry. I have been thinking about you and hoping for good news. I agree that you should get a fresh cycle free since they are the ones that screwed up. I can see if I have any gonal f left and if I still have it then I can send it to you for free since I am not going to be using it. I will let you know. What a bummer. I am sending you loads of hugs!!!!

August 11th, 2011, 04:41 AM
((HUGS)) Take your time hun.

My blog

August 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am sorry for everything you went through. I agree with the other ladies about pushing this. It was their mistake. They ordered you one type of meds then told you no they needed to order another type of meds for you before you started. I also agree to wait you can calmly push them to give you another fresh cycle. I have been thinking about you and sending you lots of hugs.
August 11th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Stephanie- Thank you so much. I had one other offer on here too with someone willing to help out and donate. It means so much that there are people who care out there.

I'll keep everyone posted on what happens when I do call.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search