I caved in and tested

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 10:06 AM
cheeky_monkey's Avatar Praying 4 a miracle
and it was a bfn just like I thought it would be. Even though I knew it I feel like crying right now. It's cd 34 - usually the latest would have been 31/32 day cycles

I held it for a bit more than 1 hour - but since it's already nearly 3 weeks after I had O symptoms if I were pregnant it would have showed up, right?

I had been going to the toilet for these last 4/5 days like a maniac and I have to admit that I was putting my hopes up a tiny little bit. I feel so stupid now for even thinking for a second that a miracle could have happened. I guess miracles do happen - just not to us!

Finally it seems that we are starting the IVF process - will see how it goes...... Forever missing our two little previous miracles.
August 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I am sorry. I understand how you feel I have been TTC for 6 months now and all BFN every month. Big hugs to you.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

August 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM
thanks! I'm so sorry that you are going through this hell as well

We have been trying for more than 2 years now - already for 4 months since we lost the baby and it has been one disappointment after the other.

what I can't understand is where the hell has my period gone? I have PCOS but usually when we don't do MA it is in the 31/32 day range. It has never gone up to 34 and still no symptoms

Finally it seems that we are starting the IVF process - will see how it goes...... Forever missing our two little previous miracles.
August 11th, 2011, 10:12 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
((HUGS)) Maybe you O'd later than you thought and it might still be too early? I know it's frustrating, trust me I've been TTC 3 years now and yeah it sucks. Can you call and get your hormone levels checked? They can make sure you ovulated and do a beta as well.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 11th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Usually I don't ovulate on my own, but with the symptoms I had nearly 3 weeks ago I was kind of sure that my body had managed to do something decent finally - guess I was wrong

It doesn't make much sense going in for beta's coz I'm waiting for the stupid witch to show up so that I can finally start the injectibles. It's torture for me to go for blood draws (usually I end with the needle in the vein and not a drop of blood comes out - the process ends up taking longer than an hour) so it would be adding more stress in vain

arghhh I need a wall to headbutt

August 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'm sorry! I'd give it another few days (maybe till Monday) then call and tell your doctor that your period won't start, maybe they can jump start it so you can start the cycle. It's not unusal for RE's to have to do that.

August 11th, 2011, 12:03 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for the disappointing BFN. I know it suck when you are so thinking that it's going to be a BFP and it's not. I agree with the others if no AF soon, I would definitely call your doctor.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 11th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I e-mailed him after I did the test. We'll see if he answers or not.

I feel so so so so stupid for even contemplating that maybe we had gotten the break we have been praying so hard so

August 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*

I know how you feel 2.5 years of ttc here, and I always feel pretty stupid after I test. I'm sorry

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

August 11th, 2011, 12:23 PM
The world must be really coming to an end! This is one of those few times in life where I am finding myself praying for AF to start.

I'm so sorry Ami that it has already been so long for you. Right now, I know exactly how you feel after each test. That's what I told DH - I feel pathetic for even thinking that it could have been 'the' month

August 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
((hugs))

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was the same freaking way this cycle if it makes you feel any better. My cycle is always like clockwork 25-27 days. This last cycle was 30 days (and I didn't really start bleeding until 31/32). I have no idea why. I did the same thing you did and took that one last test and even though I KNEW it was going to be a BFN I was still crushed. TTC sucks

August 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
The only reason why I really have grown to love this board is coz you ladies do understand me. I was talking to a friend of mine today and I mentioned that I was still waiting for the old witch and she kept on insisting that I must be pregnant.... geez if it were that simple I think by now I would have already turned into a grad in here

I think I might be going a bit nuts coz it is making me laugh - it is bordering on the ridiculous now. It's 11.40 pm here so I am soon going on to cd 35. Mmmmm why does it always come when it is not wanted but when I pray for it to come it decides to go on vacation??

Grrrr ob has not e-mailed back

I am still going to the toilet to pee like a maniac. Soon I'm going to end up with nothing down there making it impossible to DTD (Sorry I'm laughing - guess it's better I choose to laugh than to start crying again)

Ur right ttc sucks - and big time!!! I forgot what it feels like to just have fun in bed grr

August 11th, 2011, 04:09 PM
He has finally e-mailed back!!!

He says that I should give it another week, if after 45 days I would have still not had a meeting with the witch he will give me something to ovulate so that then I can start the Follistim

So now I have to stay in this limbo for another 10 days - just great!!!

August 11th, 2011, 04:38 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am sorry you are going through this. I am in the same boat as you are this cycle. I have PCOS also. Since I have lost weight my cycles have always been 29/30 days. Right now I am on cd 32 and no signs of the witch showing up. I also took a test today since I have been getting sick after I eat only to see a big bfn. I don't know where the witch is.
August 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Caydence's Avatar Veteran
Ugh, I'm sorry! At least though he'll give you something rather than having you completely wait it out on your own.
Caydence & Chantry Expecting #1 & 2 with 4 angels
August 11th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I'm so sorry for you Stacey. I know what you are going through I'm on cd 35 with an upset tummy and still no af over here. Having PCOS sucks, but not having AF sucks even more. Usually I am lucky in the sense that even though I have PCOS af makes an appearance by mostly cd 32. I've been threatening and trying to sweet talk the witch to show her face... it's been futile.

Ugh Caydence believe me he knows that I would not leave him in peace unless he gives me something. I am not happy with having to wait another 10 days. Since i know I'm not preg and i already have the Follistim I can't understand why he won't give me something like right now. I'm not good at the waiting game. I used to be a very patient person - unfortunately last Feb I lost our baby and my patience went out as well.

At this rate I'm going to grow white hairs during the waiting.

Lol you ust have realised by now that I am not exactly a very patient person

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search