Miscarriage questions

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies. I figured you all were the best people to go to for some real answers. I thank you in advance. I got my positive last week. I just didn't feel right, so I pushed for blood work to ease my nerves. I had good hcg and progesterone numbers. I went back in early this week and got it checked again to make sure it was rising. It was not and it was already at a 75 hcg on Monday and 6 progesterone. I have had cramps for the last two weeks, but nothing bad and there is still no bleeding. What else should I expect? How long will it take for me to pass this baby? Will it all come gradually or will it hit me like a tons of bricks? I would only be five weeks four days today. thanks for any answers you can provide.

Oh, and low long do doctors normally make you wait after an early miscarriage? I don't have it in me to wait that long? Getting to try again is getting me through this loss

Xoxo

-Gina

March 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
LindsayGriff
Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately everyone's body is different so it is hard to say how long it will take you to misscarry. I miscarried at 10w4d and when ultrasounded the baby was measuring 8wks so it took my body 2 1/2 wks to realize the miscarriage. When my miscarriage started I had the 1st sign of blood at 10w2d just with one wipe then the next day 10w3d I had dark blood but no cramps and it wasn't too heavy then early morning of 10w4d I had full on contractions as bad as labor and lots and lots of blood. I had a d&c though that day to stop the bleeding and then it was 16 days after that I finally stopped bleeding. My doctor told me to wait one cycle, get one normal AF and then try again

Thank you peimum for my siggy
March 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss

March 15th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
Unfortunately I have been through this 3 times so I can offer you my own experiences. Every one is different and every miscarriage is too. My first was a missed miscarriage which means my babies (twins) were not progressing past 6 weeks but I did not miscarry (start bleeding and passing what the doctors call "products of conception") until I was 12 weeks along. That far along was extremely painful as if I was in labor. I had to go to the ER where they gave me morphine and made sure I did not need a D&C which thankfully I did not. My 2nd miscarriage I was 5 1/2 weeks and it just came like a normal period. My last was an ectopic pregnancy so that's a pretty different. But to sum things up, you may have no cramping or pain at all and just start having what seems to be a normal menstrual cycle.
Depending on your circumstance, how long your body will take to complete the MC process, Dr's will suggest either wait after your first AF or sometimes even wait till your 2nd AF. The waiting is difficult but your body needs time to heal and get ready for your next bundle of joy. We will all be here for you no matter how it turns out.
March 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby stopped developing at 10 W & I didn't find out until I was 12 W. I didn't have any cramping or bleeding or anything..I got the D&C and bled without cramps for 2 weeks exactly..I am sorry for your loss My doctor wants me to wait 2 cycles, I think because I had the D&C and when you have that procedure they kind of scrape your uterus down to nothing, but as for a natural m/c I wouldn't know, because I have never experienced it. I am not waiting though, I am going to start trying in a few days..A lot of ladies don't wait and go on to have a healthy pregnancy, there's no more of a chance that I will miscarry this time as there was the last.. Good luck, we are all here for you!

March 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Miscarriage is unpredictable. My last one...the baby was alive at 2pm, by 5pm I was gushing blood and by 7pm I'm pretty sure he was passed into the toilet along with tons of blood and clots...I couldn't even see what was all in there because there was so much blood. But that was a very odd case, and I was hemorrhaging. The one I had before then, it seems it took about a few days from when I first started feeling "off" til it turned into light spotting and then full-on bleeding. It really varies from person to person, and from pregnancy to pregnancy. It's impossible to predict, unfortunately.

As for waiting... IMO, if its early and you complete it naturally, there's no reason to wait. I believe that you won't get pregnant if your body is not ready yet. If you have a D&C, I think it's advised to wait at least one cycle. Many providers recommend waiting 1 to 3 cycles.

March 15th, 2012, 06:46 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so very sorry your having to go through this. Like the other ladies have said it really does vary for every loss. With my early losses the bleeding was only a tad heavier/more clots that a normal period. I did have horrible cramps with it. As to when your body will start to bleed it depends. Sometimes your body doesn't realize what is going on and needs some help (Pills or D&C). If it does start on it's own it's hard to say when it could start. Sometimes they do right away and sometimes it takes awhile. Most doctors tell you to wait anywhere from 1-3 cycles. They tell you to wait one cycle for dating purposes. My doctor told me that if your body isn't ready you won't get pregnant so we have tried right away after all our loses. I hope that it happens soon for you so that you can start to grieve. We are here for you hun.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 15th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so very much ladies. I knew I could count on you to share. I'm going to wait it out and see. Good luck to all of you on your journey. Xoxo

March 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
dibbers's Avatar Super Mommy
hope everything works out ok xx

11/03/12
March 16th, 2012, 12:21 PM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss! I agree with everything the others have said. I hope that everything happens naturally for you and that your body gets back to normal quickly.
March 17th, 2012, 04:43 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm so sorry for your loss Gina i can't add much to the great advice the other ladies already gave you, but welcome to our group (((HUGS)))

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search