BIG bummer

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 11:07 AM
kateb10's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
So I have been literally hounding my OB to call me back to talk about whether it is safe to try before the first AF. We already DID start trying and she gets back to me today at 1 DPO that, oh yes, chances of miscarriage are increased if you start before your first spontaneous cycle. UGH!!!

If in fact we succeeded in getting preggers, I'm going to be a stress case. Thanks for that info a day LATE and a dollar short. I welcome any success stories of folks who tried right away and had healthy pregnancies.

P.S. I've started cramping today so I don't know what that means. Implantation? Or too early for that? Yikes.

Kate

Wife to Stu, Mommy to English Jane (15 months), remembering sweet babe lost Feb. 24 at 8 weeks

March 16th, 2012, 04:29 PM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think like others have mentioned on other posts on this forum is that your body will know when it is ready to get pregnant. My RE said that after the first AF you can try again as well but I think this is more for counting conception and due date. Again I am not a doctor but I know my regular OBgyn doc wants to have us wait 3 cycles. Now my RE doc says that there is no scientific fact to wait that long.
However I can understand that you get stressed, nervous etc for this and also that your DH is leaving in a month.
Sending you
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
March 16th, 2012, 05:39 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
There are plenty of success stories over at Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss - JustMommies Message Boards. If your body is not ready it won't happen. You will have some doctors tell you to wait and others tell you that it won't matter. Here is an article.

Trying Again After Miscarriage - Deciding When to Try Again After Miscarriage or Pregnancy Loss

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Eh, I wouldn't be too worried. OBs want you to wait one cycle purely for dating purposes. If your body is not ready, you will not get pregnant.

March 17th, 2012, 03:45 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
try not to worry...we have had tons of ladies in TTCAL get pregnant before they got AF after a loss who went on to have a successful pregnancy. Good luck to you this cycle!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search