Money Monday!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
What do you do to save money?
Do you usually buy brand names or off-names?
Is there something you only by brand name of?
Any tips on saving money?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
We do try to save money, and I HATE to make any major purchase that's not on a significant sale....so I generally try to time clothing purchases, furniture purchases, etc to when i can get extra discounts.

No hard & fast rules on name brand vs off brand, with the exception of a few products where I have a preference. I'm always up for trying something new if it's on a big sale.

This isn't a tip so much as just want worked for us...put an auto amount into savings account every paycheck or monthly. It definitely helps you to live within the reduced amount.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What do you do to save money?

I automatically place money into savings every month. I pay my savings account like a bill.

Do you usually buy brand names or off-names?

I buy whatever is cheaper most of the time. My Makeup, toilet paper, Coke and Oreos HAVE to be name brand.

Any tips on saving money? See question one. DH, Orion and I eat out ALOT. We almost always use a coupon though. My son eats for free at Chili's until he is 12 so we go there a bit. We cut coupons out of our Entertaimment book a lot too. As for food shopping, I will use coupons...not extreme couponing, but enough to save $10 every week. I shop thrift stores for my work blazers and buy my kiddos clothes there too.

April 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you do to save money? I have a seperate bank account that I put our tax money in and have it automatically withdraw $15 a week from our main account.
Do you usually buy brand names or off-names? Mostly off brand.
Is there something you only by brand name of? Diapers
Any tips on saving money? Buying in bulk. You can put just about anything in the freezer to keep. Also check your local sale papers and if you can find a lower price Walmart has to price match it. My sister found a carpet cleaner for $100 at Big Lots but they only had the display and it had parts missing, so she headed to Walmart and found the same one for $250. She made customer service call Big Lots and price match it. They were pissed but they had to do it.

April 10th, 2012, 03:24 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
What do you do to save money? Use coupons, eat mostly at home, try to make the least amount of trips to the store as possible.
Do you usually buy brand names or off-names? mostly off names but if brand names are on sale and cheaper then them too.
Is there something you only by brand name of? Umm the only thing that I can think of is deodorant for DH (he is picky )
Any tips on saving money? The best tip I can give you on saving money is have a jar that you can put money into but have to break to get it out. When you have even a few dollars in your pocket throw them in there. Your more prone to pulling money out of a savings or even a container you can easily access more than breaking the jar to get out some money

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 10th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
What do you do to save money? The biggest way for me to save money is to not drive to Target and to stay away from Amazon.com. If I go to either of these two, it is almost impossible for me not to spend money. Seems like I spend $200 every time I go to Target.
Do you usually buy brand names or off-names? Depends on the thing. I buy brand name electronics, but I don't care about clothes and food so much.
Is there something you only by brand name of? cars, cameras, computers
Any tips on saving money? Don't buy something simply because it's on sale. If you wouldn't have gotten normally, then you aren't saving any money.
April 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you do to save money? coupon and shop the sale ads
Do you usually buy brand names or off-names? depends on which I can find for cheaper
Is there something you only by brand name of? waffles
Any tips on saving money? coupons

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12

Tags
monday , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search