Most relaible sign for Ovulation? OPK, BBT, or CM?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hi,
I am TTC, I had a miscarriage in March and have had a regular AF since (a little different than normal, spotting, 2 heavy days, more spotting). Currently, I am confused about when I ovulated. It seems like day 17-18 is it for me in my usual 32 day cycles, but all the signs are very contradictory, EWCM on days 14 & 15, BBT thermal shift was day 16 (unless it will shift more in the next few days...), and positive OPK on day 17. Which seems the most reliable sign and when might have I ovulated? Anyone out there with similar experiences or advice? Thank you!
April 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iím not sure which you should go by either, but wanted to say Iím sorry for your loss, Iím recovering from a loss earlier this month and waiting for AF to show so I can start TTC again. I suggest DTD every other day until AF shows to ensure you donít miss the opportunity to catch the eggie!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
April 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry for your recent loss.
I would say that as long as you were testing properly with the OPKs (ie not with diluted pee, etc) I would go with the OPK. CM and temps can be influenced by other factors but hormone levels are the most objective measure I would say. If your OPKs were negative until day 17, there's no way you ovulated before then. I would say day 17 or 18.
I've done cycle monitoring at the RE's while monitoring my own signs and I have to say that temps can be off by a couple of days, same with CM. It's only the OPK that consistently matched up with findings at my RE's (blood work and ultrasound).

Good luck hon!
April 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Thank you for your responses! I am so sorry for your losses as well. I actually had a big temperature dip today, as opposed to rise! So strange. Good luck to you all.
April 29th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hi again. Interesting you should mention that because it's happened that I've had a temp drop the day after I ovulated (and ovulation was confirmed by ultrasound so it's 100% sure I already ovulated). That's why I say temps are an ok indication but not set in stone. Good luck!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 30th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Servilia, you were right! My BBT went back up today, and higher this time. Hope it's a good one...Thank you. Good luck.

Tags
bbt , ewcm , miscarriage , opk , ovulation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search