Period questions? Possible pregnancy symptoms? Me confused !*UPDATE 12/3/12*

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Regular
Hi everyone, how are you? I hope you all had a happy thanksgiving! so I need some sage advice from those who have experienced miscarriage. As some of you already know, I had a miscarriage at almost 7 weeks on 10/29. Prior to becoming pregnant, i was on a regular 28 day cycle. My problem is i don't know when to expect my period, or when it would be considered late. Is it valid to count the miscarriage as an actual period for dating purposes?
Secondly, as some of you know who read my dream post I have been experiencing some pregnancy symptoms. I have had fatigue, some breast soreness, and recently as of thanksgiving weekend waves of nausea, and smell sensitivity. I have also been more emotional, even had an anxiety attack while driving(not prone to them at all),have had lots of cm, and cloudy urine. I'm not sure if this all relates to possible pregnancy symptoms, but is very abnormal for me. I tested 11/19, 11/24, and 11/26 all came out negative. I'm not sure if it may be too early as I have no way to measure whether my period is late or not. Or it may be that my hormones are jacked up still, and playing tricks on me. did any of you experience any of these symptoms after miscarriage?
I'm confused because I did not have many symptoms when i was pregnant, only breast soreness and fatigue. So it seems like I have more symptoms now that before the miscarraige! which is rather strange if I'm not pregnant again. So yeah I'm a little confused. Please share your wisdom and insight. I appreciate everyone on this board for being so helpful and supportive!
Shannon

*UPDATE 12/3/12
I'm still experiencing symptoms (increased cm, nausea, smell sensitivity, mood changes,cloudy urine) and tested again on 12/1/12, was negative and still no period. I'm going to the doctors today, hoping they will give me a blood pregnancy test and check hormone levels. If I'm not pregnant, then hormones are out of whack for sure! I am hoping to get some answers so I don't feel like I'm going crazy!!! I will update again as I get any news from the doctor.

Last edited by ShannonT; December 3rd, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
November 28th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor said that if I didn't get AF four weeks after my test came back negative to call her. I normally have fertility problems though so I don't know what the protocol is for "normal" women.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
November 28th, 2012, 05:49 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've counted my m/c as a period for my cycles after m/c and it worked out fine...still a regular cycle for me both times. But I think it depends on when the hcg leaves your system.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

November 28th, 2012, 06:06 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am very sorry for your loss. After a loss your hormones can cause your body to do all sorts of things. I had pregnancy symptoms for quite some time after my later loss and a few weeks after my early losses. Your body takes awhile to get back to "normal" and sometimes after a loss your body has to find a new sense of "normal". With my first loss it took 8+ weeks and AF still had not arrived. I finally had to go on provera to induce AF. With my early losses it took 4-6 weeks for AF to arrive. I hope that helps some hun.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

November 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Regular
Thank you all for your replies.
FrozenOj - Thank you for the info. I was doing research online, and some sites said 4-6 weeks. this will be the 4th week, I think, so guess I will wait and see.
Sweety pie - Thanks for the info. what confuses me the most is the whole hcg thing because i was low during miscarraige, and getting negative on tests so must be low now.
Shortcake- Thanks for the info it definitely helps! I think I'm going to wait it out another week or so, and call the docs at that point so they can test my hormone levels for any problems.
November 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Veteran
I had a 7-week loss on Oct. 11 (blighted ovum). I was feeling the same way, just so out-of-sorts not knowing when my period would come and what was going on with my body. My provider tested hcg levels frequently at first and then all the way out to zero (Nov. 5). I had a negative HPT on Oct.28 I was watching and waiting and noticed some ovulation signs and got a positive OPK on Oct. 29 & 30. I got my period Nov. 12 and ovulated again this past weekend on Nov. 25 so I think I am back on my regular 27-28 day cycle.
I don't know how much that helps and i know everyone is different. i would say if you do not have AF by Dec. 1, test again and if still not by 6 weeks, call your doctor. Good luck, I hope you get answers soon!
November 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Regular
Daolive- Thanks for your reply. hearing about your experience and the other ladies on here helps me very much! I can get a baseline on whats normal or not. I am going to follow your advice and test again on sat, 12/1. If positive..then YAY! : ) If negative I will use second test , then call doctor to see what the heck is going on!
November 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cycles were always 24 days or less. The first cycle after our loss was a perfect 28 days, starting from the first day of spotting (that was the beginning of the MC) until the first day of spotting (of the next cycle). The following cycle was back to 24 days.

My doc said 4 - 12 weeks, depending on how far along and health, etc.
November 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
My first loss was at a little over four weeks. I bled like a normal period, only heavier and it lasted a day longer. I got my next period exactly 29 days later, which is the norm for me. My second loss was a very early at 3.5 weeks and then around the time af was due, I started getting some symptoms of pregnancy so i tested and I was pregnant again. Sadly i lost that one at 8 weeks and i bled for 5 days then AF returned right on time 29 days following. I have been regular ever since...29 days. you could possibly be pregnant again, or your body is just regulating. test to be sure. good luck

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
December 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Regular
Hi Ladies,
Just thought i'd take a second to update. So at the docs they game me a urine test and blood test which both came out negative. The Hcg count was under 2. So I guess my hormones are just going a bit crazy (and driving me crazy too!) trying to regulate themselves and causing all these symptoms.
Shannon
December 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonT View Post
Hi Ladies,
Just thought i'd take a second to update. So at the docs they game me a urine test and blood test which both came out negative. The Hcg count was under 2. So I guess my hormones are just going a bit crazy (and driving me crazy too!) trying to regulate themselves and causing all these symptoms.
Shannon
After my first loss I had horrible pregnancy symptoms for quite some time and the worst part was dealing with them knowing I had lost my baby. I hope your hormones level out soon hun.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search