We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I was just curious, what was your recommend wait time from the doctor to TTC along with how far along you were? Loss date: Loss gestation: Reason for loss? TTC wait: Reason for wait? Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation?
Loss date: 12.7.12 Loss gestation: 17 weeks Reason for loss? Baby passed from cystic hygroma and hydrops TTC wait: 2 cycles Reason for wait? giving body time to heal Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? we are going to TTC right away.
Christine, momma to Chloe, Alexis and...
Last edited by anothermother; January 13th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Loss date: August 7th, 2012 & Oct 29th, 2012 Loss gestation: 12 weeks & 7 weeks Reason for loss? No reason known for either. Loss date: August 7th, 2012 & Oct 29th, 2012 TTC wait: TTC right after my first AF with my first loss(got pregnant right away, but lost it.) ; waited 2 cycles after my most recent loss. Currently on my 3rd cycle since m/c. Reason for wait? Give body time to heal. Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? The doc told us we could ttc right away, but I decided to wait at least 2 cycles this time.
Loss date: June 8,2012 and December 4th, 2012 Loss gestation: Almost 22 weeks and 5ish weeks Reason for loss? 1st loss was b/c of a Placental abruption and PPROM; no known reason for early loss TTC wait: I wanted to have the thrombophilia panel test done after 1st loss and I didn't get that until 8 weeks after loss. It took a couple weeks to get those results back. Once I knew I didn't have a clotting disorder we got the green light to try again after my 2nd period. The 2nd loss I needed the methotrexate shot for retained tissue after m/c and will need to wait for my folic acid to build back up in my system before we TTC again. Reason for wait? The 1st loss was to allow body to heal while getting tests done. The 2nd loss wait is b/c methotrexate depletes all folic acid in the body. Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? We will TTC as soon as we can.
__________________ "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Chad & Lindsey~Furbabies Bella & Oliver
Loss date: Beginning to mid August and 12/23/12
Loss gestation: 7 weeks and 18 weeks
Reason for loss? Both unknown
TTC wait: no real recommendation other than when we are ready
Reason for wait? OB seemed more concerned that we were mentally ready than anything. This late loss hit us both a lot harder than our 7 week loss. They were both horrible, but we thought we were in the clear with our son.
Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? We aren't exactly being careful, only because I don't feel like I have ovulated... But, we would like to wait until we get results from the unbelievable number of tests.
Loss date: 12/18/12
Loss gestation: 8 weeks
Reason for loss? unknown
TTC wait: 1 cycle after HGC drop
Reason for wait? want to not have another miscarriage
Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation?
Loss date: 7/28/12 and 10/20/12 Loss gestation: 4-5 weeks and 9w3d (though u/s showed no growth past 8 weeks) Reason for loss? Unknown. I found out I have low progesterone after so that could have been the issue. TTC wait: ER doc told us 6m (idk why), my midwife told me when I am emotionally ready and my OB wanted me to wait until the progesterone test came back. Reason for wait? see previous. Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? We are in the clear now. With two losses so close together, we really were not emotionally ready right away. We are trying this cycle, my first in the clear cycle.
Roghan's crunchy mommy and Travis' hippie wife.
Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013
Last edited by Tree_Love; January 14th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
I was just curious, what was your recommend wait time from the doctor to TTC along with how far along you were? My doctor said I was good to go after my first period after D&C. I actually spoke with her about it this morning. She said that the wait time that doctor's require after m/c is usually for Mom's well-being ?! She said that I needed to wait the one month to let the hormones even out. Loss date: 12/31/12 Loss gestation:missed m/c discovered at 12 weeks, baby passed at 11 weeks
Reason for loss? unknown...awaiting chromosomal testing TTC wait: waiting 1 month
Reason for wait? Dr. orders
Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? Yes for a few cycles. If it doesn't happen within a few months I may just see it as a sign and put all my focus on grad school. It's all still very raw and I change my mind on this frequently.
Loss date: 16 November 12 Loss gestation: 12 weeks Reason for loss? 'bad luck' (unknown). I also had a 6 wk loss for unknown reasons prior to this one.
TTC wait: Head of GYN at the hospital said a 3 month wait and my regular OB said to wait 2 periods Reason for wait? To give the body a break, to build up uterine lining and to allow time to grieve Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? That's a hard one. We ntnp before 1st period but no pregnancy. After AF came, DH decided HE wanted to prevent for a few more months. We dtd about 4 days prior to ovulation this time so I suppose there is a possibility but technically we are wttc.
Loss date: November 2004, September 2012, December 2012
Loss gestation: 10 weeks, but baby stopped around 6-7 (I don't really remember much about this loss, there is a lot of confusion. Going by my LMP my gestation was 13 weeks, but I O late and so I think I was more like 10 weeks but baby wasn't growing much past 6-7 weeks. We saw a heart and then no heart). Second baby was 6 weeks and 1 day and last baby was 4 weeks and 1 day.
Reason for loss? Unknown for all.
TTC wait: Didn't want to TTC after first loss so I have no idea. Second, we waited 1 month. Third, no waiting. I told them we were trying again right away before they said anything. She might have mentioned waiting a month but I refused if she did.
Reason for wait? Emotional.
Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? TTC right away. My RE said waiting is more for the emotional aspect or to do testing, etc.
Mindy & Josh Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7), & DD - Jane (0)
11/04 09/12 12/12
Loss date: 12/21/2012
Loss gestation: 9 weeks 4 days
Reason for loss? unknown
TTC wait: Dr. said I could try right away.
Reason for wait? n/a
Are you going to TTC right away or wait longer than doctor's recommendation? We decided to wait because this was very hard for me. This was my 1st miscarriage and I am honestly very afraid of it happening again, I am a worrier by nature and I just feel like I need to wait a while for emotional reasons. I also want to lost about 10lbs, I've started exercising, I just want to feel good about myself and get back into shape before we start trying again. We are thinking July 2013 we might start trying again.
So i've had 4 losses, with differing reasons & wait recommendations...
Loss date: Oct 2008
Loss gestation: 9w2d
Reason for loss? unknown, RPL issues later identified
TTC wait: OB recommended a 3 cycle wait
Reason for wait? OB in camp that multiple cycles allow uterine lining to rebuild sufficiently after D&C (which I had with this loss)
Loss date: Oct 2011
Loss gestation: 8w5d
Reason for loss? unknown, RE suspects combination of identified RPL issues including natural progesterone deficiency & hetero Factor II
TTC wait: OB recommended 3+ months, RE ok'd TTC after 3 cycles
Reason for wait? RPL testing required in some cases 30-60 days post m/c to be accurate, and OB recommended we wait until RPL tests were run
Loss date: Feb 2012
Loss gestation: 4w3d
Reason for loss? unknown b/c it was so early, but RE suspects uterine lining thinning side effect from Clomid (confirmed 2 cycles later) likely caused implantation to fail shortly into the pregnancy.
TTC wait: None, although we chose to take a couple months off after the loss
Reason for wait? N/A
Loss date: Aug 2012
Loss gestation: we knew baby hb was gone at 10w3d, actual loss had to be done via D&C at 13wks when natural m/c failed to occur.
Reason for loss? Trisomy 21 confirmed through testing after D&C
TTC wait: RE recommended 1 cycle wait
Reason for wait? RE wanted full cycle to occur post D&C (and some minor complications b/c uterus grew to 14wk+) and to have the genetic testing back from loss before we proceeded
We've been actively TTCing again since late Sept...
Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)