Been posting, but hadn't introduced myself.

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By BaileysFourtune
  • 1 Post By Cait&AngelAbove
  • 1 Post By MoonAngel702

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Beautiful Life!
I thought it would probably be nicer if I introduced myself. My name is Melinda. I have been happily married to wonderful husband for two years. I have a 9-year-old son, Crisjian from a previous relationship. A just turned two-year-old daughter, Gracelynn and soon to be one-year-old daughter, Cassandra. I am a stay-at-home mom, but would like to start doing something to make money from home. We'll see. Anyways, I joined JM when we learned we were pregnant with our daughter nearly 3 years ago. I checked out this forum when we learned we were miscarrying last month at 9 1/2 weeks due to blighted ovum. I miscarried naturally at home, but don't know if I can ever explain to someone who hasn't experienced a loss what it was like to sit in my bathroom praying for everything to be over and then coming out of the bathroom and feeling like everyone looking at me like everything was normal and life was continuing as normal. But it wasn't continuing as normal for me. Getting on here and reading other's stories helped, but made me cry harder for all the women in here. I felt like I should feel better because it wasn't a late term loss like many of the women here. My heart really breaks for all of you. Over time though, I started feeling better and getting on the AIP board kept my mind focused elsewhere. Then I started my first af since the miscarriage and it seems all those feelings have resurfaced. I have committed to planning a friends baby shower, which is in a few weeks now and I'm having a horrible time. Anyways. That's me. Planning to hang out here for awhile. Hoping we get a bfp next cycle or the one after that. And I really hope to see all you ladies get your bfp soon, or quickly once you decide to start trying again. Thanks for listening.
cortln likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 07:21 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Melinda! I was in the July DDC with you - I was so sad to hear about your loss. I really understand all the things you said you are feeling. It was so strange for me to come back to work and my desk and everything was the same and the world was the same but I was different. I can not imagine planning a baby shower My best friends baby shower was one week after my D&C and it was very difficult to attend but I could not miss it. Planning one would be so difficult. I have found reading through things on here, venting, and crying it out has helped me immensely.

We have decided to start TTC right away as well - so maybe we can be in the same DDC again. I wish you the best of luck!!!
mommamindy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 24th, 2013, 07:27 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you had to join us Melinda It really is a good group to be apart of when you have gone through a loss though! I'm Christine, I was apart of the May DDC until we lost our little girl 7 weeks ago at 17 weeks gestation due to, what we think was, Turner's syndrome.

GL! Hope you get your bfp soon!

momology, are you ttc this month? We'd be due the same day if you are! I'm on cd14 too!
mommamindy likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, so so sorry for your loss. I was in the the July DDC as well, I lost my baby on 12/21 at 9 weeks 4 days (baby measured 9 weeks 2 days). Although 12/21 wasn't the end of the world, it was the end of mine for a while. I had been having bleeding for a few weeks, had been to the Dr. several times, had several ultrasounds, everything was fine each time, so on 12/21 I actually went in excited to see my baby, this was an ultrasound to try to figure out where the bleeding was coming from. I had just started to convince myself that everything was going to be ok, maybe I was just going to be the one to bleed throughout my pregnancy and everything was going to be ok. I was in the waiting room laughing at a story the receptionist was telling about her son. Planning on getting some last minute christmas shopping done after my appointment. Then the tech told me there was no heartbeat, it didn't really hit me until I was going through with the procedure to remove everything. I just laid there and cried. Worst feeling ever. A girl that I work with had just announced her pregnancy the Friday after my miscarriage, it's been very rough listening to baby talk all day everyday! I can't imagine how hard it was for you to miscarry at home, that had to be even more upsetting. I'm glad your here talking with everyone about it (I think it helps to know other's are feeling the same way and understand what your going through) and I hope you have your little rainbow baby soon, I will be TTC this summer sometime.
mommamindy likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post

momology, are you ttc this month? We'd be due the same day if you are! I'm on cd14 too!
Yes we are ttc this month! Best of luck to you!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 24th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Welcome to JM, this is a great group of ladies. I am so sorry for your loss and everything you are having to deal with. After I lost my son all the holidays hit me like a ton of bricks. It was SO HARD and PAINFUL for me to go visit my family and see all their little ones after just losing mine. The baby shower will be hard for you and you may need to excuse yourself to cry but it's okay. It's OKAY to cry and feel sad and even jealous. Don't start feeling guilty for those feelings because it is all part of the grieving and healing process, it's okay to feel that way. I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to. I pray you get your rainbow baby soon hon.
mommamindy likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Beautiful Life!
Thank you ladies! Made me tear up a bit, your words were so sweet.

Momology- It would be awesome to be in the same DDC! Hope this is it for us!

Cortln- I am so sorry again. I remember you going to the Dr. and everything was fine, I was happy for you but remember being sad for myself as I had just come back from the Dr. and heard it was bad news. Later I went into the July DDC to see what everyone was up to and I read that you had a loss. I felt so bad for you after everything seemed so hopeful for you.
momology likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 10:35 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Melinda,

I am Mindy Welcome to the board officially. I hope your stay here is short and sweet and you get your rainbow baby soon. Hugs!!
mommamindy likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
January 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran
Hey sorry for your loss I was in July DDC as well and lost mine at 9 weeks on 12/18 and are gonna start trying again soon
mommamindy likes this.

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

January 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! My name is Caitlin. I am so so so sorry for your loss. Unless you have been through a loss you do not know the pain or the way it completely alters your life. It was devastating to try to go on with my normal life afterwards. It felt like everyone forgot that I was dying inside. I have to go to my 19 year old sister's baby shower in a week. And I am freaking out! I am making DH go with me. I cannot imagine having to plan one for someone else. My thoughts are with you! I am so so so sorry that you are having to go through this!
mommamindy likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
January 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Beautiful Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkerBeeMama View Post
Hey Melinda,

I am Mindy Welcome to the board officially. I hope your stay here is short and sweet and you get your rainbow baby soon. Hugs!!
My family has always called me Mindy : )

January 24th, 2013, 04:35 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Hello! Welcome to our group! I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss I'm glad you decided to come join us over here. You have such a cute family! Sending lots of your way that you TTC your rainbow baby in no time.
mommamindy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search