Hobbies!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 1 Post By ShannonT
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By anothermother
  • 3 Post By momology

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 01:15 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are some of your favorite hobbies you like to do on your off time??

Photography? Gardening? Working out? Crafting? Sewing? Painting?

I dabbled in photography for awhile and seriously thought of moving forward with shooting for other people. But once I started to get my feet wet I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Now I rarely pick up my camera, which is sad. I need to do that again...

I love crafting, sewing, and making my house a home too... so whatever that entails. I just finished painting my guest bathroom and now I'm just decorating it. I'm loving the way it's going!
momology likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Regular
Christine,
hi how are you ? I don't have much off-time, with going to school full time. I love to sing, do crafts (recently got a cricut) : ) What i've been doing lately is selling avon. I recently signed up about 2 weeks ago, and it has been exciting and fun. It forces me to be more social, and get out more often, which i need sometimes because I have a tendency to get to bogged down with school and forget to lead a more balanced life. Other than that i don't have too many hobbies. : )
Shannon
anothermother likes this.
January 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
When I was pregnant I was preparing to be a SAHM and DH said it was time for me to leave my job, so I have more free time than I know that to do with. Just 2 weeks ago I learned how to loom knit. I have made quite a few baby items already and it's pretty fun. I want to learn how to hand crochet those cute animal hats but I think that might be a little too advanced for me right now. Other than that tv, internet, video games, and cleaning occupy most of my at home free time.
anothermother and mommamindy like this.

January 27th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Beautiful Life!
I'm the type of person that likes something for awhile, and then I get bored with it. I love photographing but it feels like overkill for awhile and then I die down. I've tried sewing, but get irritated with threading the darn thing (it's an old machine). I've done the knit looming and liked it but I couldn't understand the instructions beyond making the hats. I used to crotchet and would like to pick it back up, but need someone to refresh me a bit. I guess my best hobby would be baking. I looked into opening a bakery about 6 months ago, but don't feel like I'm ready for 12 hour days with having kids and ttc. So I'm happy with keeping that a hobby. Otherwise, I don't do a whole lot around here besides reading online, checking in JM, and other social sites.

January 28th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love to be outside! So I am looking forward to spring so I can go on walks and just enjoy the weather. I was at this "craft fair" type thing a few months ago and this woman was selling baby bibs & burp clothes that she made. They were soooo pretty, I am going to start looking around for a used sewing machine, I want to take a class and learn how to sew so I can make some cute bibs and burp cloths. Photography also really interests me, I have a nikon d3000 and also want to take a couple photography classes so I can do my daughters pictures myself instead of paying someone $100 or more to get a CD with copyright LOL
January 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I quit my job in September to watch a friend's baby. The plan was to be done watching him by Christmas so I could have these next couple months to get ready for the baby. I stopped watching him anyway when we lost her so now I'm a "real" SAHM with my 5 year old in school and 3 year old at home with me. I'm definitely having a hard time finding things to do. Cleaning just plain gets old. I like doing baking but I never seem to have what I need in the house, ugh. I feel bad just waiting and try to put my energy into meal planning and saving money that way.... but what fun is that ?

I also love repurposing furniture, but it's so cold outside I can't work out there. And... I'm going to be overly cautious next pregnancy so I won't be doing much of that for awhile anyway. But I'll make up for that sewing baby things I think
mommamindy likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love photography, jogging, crafting, and I am trying to start an etsy store for fun. I love graphic design and making invitations and such so eventually I want to open my own DIY Printables shop on etsy.

My main projects had been our house remodel but that is almost entirely done now. My most recent hobby was making some pendant lights for our kitchen. I saw ones like these on an interior design blog but they were about $1000!! So I got some string and glue and made my own. They arent perfect but they work for our kitchen

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM
WHAT?! I LOVE those!! Ugh. Now I wish I had a kitchen where I could have lights like that! You did a great job. Is there any worry of a fire hazard with the string/lights? I mean, obviously you wouldn't do them if there was, but did you use any special string/glue?

January 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermother View Post
WHAT?! I LOVE those!! Ugh. Now I wish I had a kitchen where I could have lights like that! You did a great job. Is there any worry of a fire hazard with the string/lights? I mean, obviously you wouldn't do them if there was, but did you use any special string/glue?
Yeah I was worried about that at first too - I used a non flammable fabric stiffener and also put in a very low wattage light bulb which works out since we wanted them for looks don't really need anymore light in there.

They were pretty fun to make - but quite sticky

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 28th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dabble in a little photography! I also love to read and do different crafts!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
January 28th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I have found myself in the same position as another mommy! My 5 year old is in school full time which leaves me at home with my 3 year old. I LOVE it, but I am finding it extremely challenging and really don't have the energy to keep up with her and keep her entertained most days. Totally different topic though. I love scrapbooking! I'm not normally an artistic person, but I've completed a great book for my oldest daughters first year of life (I'm veeery slow) and want to get around to finishing my younger daughters book. I am also a huge fan of pinterest and have found so many great craft ideas on there for both the house and for projects with the kids.
January 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Oh how fun! You should post a picture of your bathroom when it's finished! We are looking into buying a new house so I'm sure I will be busy with painting, etc. when that time comes.

I also love crafting! I love making different things. Right now, I'm working on a cross-stitch for my nephew that was born this past October (It was supposed to be done in time for Christmas but that didn't happen). I'm trying to get some ideas going for my next project. I also love to read and exercise. I'm currently looking for a new yoga class to join. It's been a long time since I've done yoga but it's one thing I used to LOVE so I'm going to get back into that. I also LOVE to cook. I'm always trying out new recipes (and finding new ways to sneak in veggies so my hubby will eat them )

Btw, Christine, your girls are absolutely adorable! SOOOO cute!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search