Back from the RE appt (you won't believe this) *preg mentioned*

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I don't even know how to start this post....and this is a classic example of the simplest answer is usually correct.

So i'm not 4w5d pregnant...i'm 7w6d pregnant (!!!) which means, yes, I did an entire cycle of fertility meds injections while already pregnant and i'm completely freaking out about it. It also completely explains the tremendously high hcg levels at the initial beta draw.

On the good news side, baby is measuring perfectly against my prior cycle's dates (likely conceived Jan 1) and had a hb of 174.

On the bad news side, there is a pool of blood next to the baby which explains the bleeding and RE said I can expect to continue to bleed for awhile based on the size of it.

RE is trying to reassure me he doesn't think the Menopur would harm the baby...i want to believe him, i'm so worried though i don't know what to think. RE has never seen anything like this either - I had a neg hpt 1 day before my period started (obviously not a period, but I bled for 4 days and heavily for a couple). RE is not discharging me at this point (normally he would after 7wk with a healthy hb) based on how bizarre the whole situation is & how i'm still bleeding. I go back for another u/s on Monday...if the dating & hb still look good he will discharge me then.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a surprise!!!!!! I will be keeping you in my thoughts!! Fx that you have a happy and healthy 9 months and that pool of blood leaves your little bean alone!! I will be looking for an update Monday!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 11th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!!!! Yay that the baby looks good and that you got to here his/her heartbeat!!! I hope you get more good news on Monday!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 11th, 2013, 03:39 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
WOW!!! I seriously just got goosebumps! Congrats on hearing the heartbeat! I am so so happy for you! Keeping you in my T&P's! Looking forward to your next u/s!!
February 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Beautiful Life!
Holy moly! I'm so happy for you! What a great surprise! Hope they get the bleeding figured out quickly and you're reassured so you can enjoy the next 7 months!

February 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you got an answer for your crazy high hcg! That's crazy how they didn't know when they had you do your iui cycle! So did you conceive naturally then? What a great story... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that the bleeding stops soon.
February 11th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Veteran
My head is spinning!!! I cannot imagine how you are feeling! What an amazing story - that is one tough little cookie in there!! Simply overjoyed that you got such good news -wow!! It's like you got to fast forward over the worst part and get to the good stuff - WOW!!!!

10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

My Ovulation Chart
February 11th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap! I've been lurking hoping to see why the high numbers, what great news! I hope everything continues perfectly!
February 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
WOW what a awesome surprise!! Cant wait to see your next update.Congrats!
February 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've already told you...this is the news that I was hoping for. I'll be honest. I looked up hcg levels and kept thinking that these numbers were closer to what numbers would be if you conceived in January. I was HOPING that this was the news you'd get. YAY!!! And, the blood may be absorbed or exit over the next few weeks. You know that we've both seen that happen a lot in the last years. And most of them ended in healthy pgs and rainbow babies. I'm praying for you (but you already know that )

Oh, and you need to change your ticker

Last edited by klt; February 11th, 2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: adding text
February 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Wow that is a great surprise!! You and your LO are in my T&P.

February 12th, 2013, 05:11 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Wow!! Just wow!! I am really happy for you I bet your doc is right and the meds won't affect baby at all. I think lots of women are on weird meds with a baby and they are just fine (Liam was a BC baby and I was taking the pills when I found out about him). I hope this is your glorious rainbow baby!! Way to bypass three weeks of pregnancy.
February 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! It's good youfound out why the beta was so high! I hope everything continues to go well for you and your little bean.
February 12th, 2013, 11:43 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
OMG, I am so flipping excited to read this post!!!!!!! You have been on my mind since the last post about the bleeding.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the next posting Yay!!

~Kristin~
February 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
That is great news. Congrats on a wonderful heartbeat. I bet your doctor is right a d the meds won't effect the baby.
February 13th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awesoe news I'd trust what the Dr said, if he says he doesn't think the meds will affect the baby then go with it. I don't know much about those types of meds but I do know that lots of women do worse things than take meds that early in pregnancy because they don't know they are pregnant yet. People drink, smoke etc I have a friend who went out for her bday, took a bunch of shots and the next week found out she was pregnant, baby is fine. I'm sure the meds you took aren't any worse than the alcohol some people drink during those first few weeks!
February 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
And, remember, the baby lives off the egg sac for the first nine weeks!!!

Congrats!
February 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I just knew it was going to be something positive! CONGRATS Lara!!! So happy for you and your family

February 18th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
First...Congratulations!!!!!!!!! What WONDERFUL news!!!!!!!!

With the medications, please don't panic (I know it's hard). With my son I was taking narcotic medication (Vicodin, etc.) for my Fibromyalgia and didn't even know I was pregnant (we had stopped TTC for a while after 3 losses when it happened). The doctor had given me a medication I had a very bad adverse reaction to and despite that I gave birth to a healthy baby boy in January. Don't fret! Just try to relax and let your body take care of the issue. If the baby has held on through all of that overload of medication, it's a very tough cookie. Just try to relax (stress isn't good for you or the baby) and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. God bless you and congratulations again on your miracle!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search