A miscarriage every month for 5 months?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By elizabethchallis
  • 5 Post By Daisee37
  • 1 Post By MandyElise1989

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I am 25 years old, my husband is 35. We have 2 children together. In October of last year I had a feeling I was pregnant. We were not actively trying at the time but i knew that i was (sore breasts with visible veins, hunger pains in am, emotional). About 6 days before my AF was due I began to experience lower back pain, loss of symptoms and the next day I had strong contracting abdominal pains followed by bleeding. Later that night I began passing clots that I have never seen before. I called my doctor the next day and she said she will prescribe me pain medication and for me to rest. So i bled for about a week and again called my Dr, she said there is no way for her to tell if i had been pregnant by now but that everything should be find and I could start ttc again asap. So here we are in Feb. and every month I have been experiencing the exact same thing as in October except it happens 3 days before my expected AF. I have pregnancy symptoms until 10dpo I start having lower left side back pain, 11 dpo loss of symptoms and spotting.... and the rest is the obvious. I'm currently spotting but i know what is going to happen tomorrow. My sister suggested progesterone cream and vitamin B6 but I started at 7 dpo (Pretty sure that was too late). So after 5 painful months I am seeking help from anyone who may know what is going on and what I should do next month. Anything and everything is appreciated.
February 13th, 2013, 08:37 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're not getting a positive on pregnancy tests? It sounds like your luteal phase is on the short side. I would talk to your doctor to see if theyll test progesterone on 7dpo. If you arent already, I would start charting so you have a clearer idea of whats happening.
Lucy S. likes this.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

February 13th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you taken any hpts and gotten positives? My thoughts are that the symptoms you are describing could actually be from progesterone (I know when TTC, I notice all sorts of pg symptoms, but they're actually just from progesterone). Progesterone can cause all the symptoms you're talking about, especially if you're experiencing them that early in your cycle (even before AF is expected). As for the pain and clumping and stuff, maybe see your gynecologist about that, because as the above poster said, it could be a short luteal phase, or you could have fibroids or something like endometriosis that is causing the pain and abnormal bleeding. I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that each time you have these symptoms it's because of pregnancy (unless, of course, you've gotten positive hpts).
February 13th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I will definitely look into that, thank you
February 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I never did take a pregnancy test because I wanted to wait until i missed my AF. I had just started the progesterone this month at 7dpo so i know it wasn't that. I guess I need to speak with my doctor again although she doesn't seem very helpful. Thank you very much for the responses.
February 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I mean natural progesterone after ovulation can mimic all the same pregnancy symptoms, not just when you're taking supplemental progesterone. After you ovulate, your ovaries start making progesterone, and when you're TTC (or just paying more attention), you start to notice things after ovulation that you might have missed before. I never used to notice these things, but after TTC #1, I noticed that about a week after ovulation, I always feel a little queezy and my boobs get bigger. Then right after AF my boobs get smaller again. Every month (I actually started calling the last half of my cycle my "good boob days").
missy123, L-SBB, lil_fishy and 2 others like this.
February 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'll ditto Daisee...the only way to be certain whether you're experiencing very early loss or chemical preganancy is to take hpt when you first feel the symptoms. If you are experiencing chemical or early losses, progesterone deficiency should definitely be evaluated by your Dr (a standard blood test on 7DPO can test your levels) and supplementation starting around 3-4DPO each cycle can help your chances. Good luck to you!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 13th, 2013, 08:50 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
There's no way to know unless you take a pregnancy test. I'd suggest going on Amazon and buying the Wondfo kind. Symptoms don't really mean anything. I've gotten similar symptoms with AF around the corner, with successful pregnancies, and with miscarriages.

Heavy bleeding could be indicative of something other than miscarriage, like endometriosis or something. You might want to get checked out. And do HPTs for future cycles.

February 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I agree with the other ladies...
I would def make sure you are charting and see a Dr.
Good luck to you!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 16th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Super Mommy
What you're describing doesn't sound like miscarriage maybe a chemical but 5 months in a row of chemicals is not very likely (not impossible I guess), in fact that sounds like just about every period I've ever had. I would see your gyne if this is new for you, it may be endometriosis or something. Charting would definitely help see whats going on though too, you may be ovulating earlier than you think and may not need progesterone.

February 16th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Thank you very much for all of your replies! I am going to see the doctor next week to see what is going on with me!
mommamindy likes this.
February 17th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Beautiful Life!
Hope you get some answers! Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search