TTC for the 3rd time (past loss mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Newbie here thought I would introduce myself and share my story. We lost a little boy whom we named Zachariah at 23 weeks gestation in 2005. I went into preterm labor for reasons still unknown and we were not in a good area for preterm babies so he died after an hour of fighting.

We tried again and had a little boy named Greyson is 2005 but only after a misdiagnosed miscarriage. I went in because I was spotting at about 6 weeks and they informed me I would miscarry because there was a gestational sac but no baby. I went home and decided to wait it out and let my body do what it needed. My doctor asked me to do a few tests to test the level of my HCG. The test showed levels that went up but did not double etc as they should and again I was told I would have a miscarriage (this was all within a week). I waited. I researched and found out that this is common and women have this happen. So I waited and 2.5 weeks total and went back to my doctor and he started the U/S and quickly left the room and came back with another doctor and started the U/S again....then he showed us....and there was a baby!!! A healthy growing 9 week old baby. He informed me then he had never in 20 years seen that.

So again we are trying. My husband asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to have another after 3.5 years of saying he didn't think he could do it emotionally and I am ecstatic and excited to be trying for another bean. Hoping it happens quickly .

Thanks for letting me share
February 16th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Veteran
I too had a loss at 23 weeks for unknown reasons last June (2012). We had a little girl who also lived for an hour. We decided to start again, but I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and since the doctor ruled out thyroid, uterine, ovarian cysts, adrenal gland issues, insulin resistance, etc., he basically told us to wait nine months and if we are not yet pregnant to come back in. It was a bit devastating because I was hoping that they would find something (ex: insulin resistance) so that I could at least start medications to correct it. So now month after month I get very emotional because it doesn't seem as though I will get pregnant again. Anyways, enough of my "soppiness"...it is great that you and your husband will be trying again!!! You also have a miracle "rainbow" baby!! Wonderful!! I wish you much success, health and happiness in your next pregnancy!!!
February 16th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Veteran
Just wanted to say Hi and welcome and wish you the best

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

February 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I hope your TTC journey goes smoothly!
February 16th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Beautiful Life!
Welcome! What a great story! Hope your TTC journey is short and you get a BFP quickly and have an uneventful H&H 9 months!

February 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfever416 View Post
I too had a loss at 23 weeks for unknown reasons last June (2012). We had a little girl who also lived for an hour. We decided to start again, but I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and since the doctor ruled out thyroid, uterine, ovarian cysts, adrenal gland issues, insulin resistance, etc., he basically told us to wait nine months and if we are not yet pregnant to come back in. It was a bit devastating because I was hoping that they would find something (ex: insulin resistance) so that I could at least start medications to correct it. So now month after month I get very emotional because it doesn't seem as though I will get pregnant again. Anyways, enough of my "soppiness"...it is great that you and your husband will be trying again!!! You also have a miracle "rainbow" baby!! Wonderful!! I wish you much success, health and happiness in your next pregnancy!!!
Luck you to in trying this go around! With Greyson it took a few months for us to get pregnant and because we lost Zach I went through a ton of emotions because with Zach it was one time and I was preggo (it was an oops!) so when Greyson took a few months it was hard. How long have you guys been trying this go around?
February 17th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Veteran
Thank you! We have been actively trying since November, so hopefully and prayerfully it won't take us too long to get pregnant. It's kind of hard figuring out when I ovulate because of the non insulin dependent PCOS. It's just frustrating because my fertility monitor nor ovulation sticks are picking up an LH surge so I don't know if I am even ovulating. Since my husband and I will be moving to a different state next month, I will wait until then to see a new and hopefully much better physician. My experience with my current group of doctors is really disappointing.
February 19th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Welcome and good luck to you!!!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 19th, 2013, 08:50 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and best of luck to you!!!! Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search