New Here

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Hello
My name is Amanda, I have read the rules, so bare with me if i make a mistake, I am sorry.
A little background info about me. I have PCOS, I take Metformin 1500mg a day, Friday I go get blood work done to see how my health is.
I mc at 5w3d in October of 2012, since December 2012 we have been trying agian and no such luck at all. I know alot of ppl believe losing a baby that early is not really a baby, but alot of cells still. But I don't see it that way. It was my first baby. I have so many questions, not sure where to start.
Well sorry the post is so long.
February 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Beautiful Life!
Welcome Amanda! I'm so sorry for a loss. Here, we believe a loss no matter how far along is still a loss and very hard. I hope you find comfort, laughs, and help here as the ladies are all wonderful! Please feel free to ask any questions you have! I post questions on here, that I don't think I'd be comfortable asking most people I know! I do have a question for you, have you asked your Dr. about taking metformin while ttc? Just wondering, as I don't know a lot about it, but I was given metformin for gestational diabetes my last pregnancy. Then I went to an appt. for GD a couple hours from where I live, since that's where we'd deliver and the Dr.'s there freaked out about me being given metformin during pregnancy. They said they were going to write letters to the Dr. that prescribed it to me and took me off it immediately. They said I didn't need medication by the looks of it to them, but when they have to prescribe medication to pregnant women they prescribe something other than metformin. Just a question, as I don't know and wondered after my experience. Good luck to you! And I hope you get your angel baby soon!

February 18th, 2013, 08:40 AM
After me and S/O tried for almost 4 years, we wasn't having any luck and i thought that I was infertile, so I went up to my doctor and asked her what kind of testing she would have to put me threw to see. She looked at my chart and was told me "I don't think thats your problem." She said that because I had PCOS I needed just a little help ovulating. She told me that she was going to give me Metformin, that it should help in my case, she told me that the main use for it was diabetes but because of what in it, it also help females jump start their ovulation. So basically the only way I can TTC is with Metformin. When i was pregnant with my first she told me I could stop taking it if i wanted to, so i did, and after I lost him/her, I read more on Metfromin and with PCOS it causes alot of medical problems and Metfromin helps controll the others things that are not out of control yet.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited by CuteInCamo; February 18th, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
February 18th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for your loss!
But welcome to the group!!
February 19th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Welcome
So sorry for your loss!!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Amanda and welcome to the group! I am so sorry for your loss.

My name is Elle - DH and I are also TTC our first - we had a 12 week loss earlier this year.

Feel free to ask all of your questions on here and dont worry about long posts we all have long ones now and then! Look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm Gale, looking forward to getting to know you.
February 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My loss was also early, I can't remember the exact gestational age but happened only three days after I got the positive pregnancy test. I felt a lot like you do, that to me it was my baby and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Others might see it only as a lump of cells at that point, but like Dr. Seuss said "A person's a person, no matter how small." I also have PCOS and am on 1000mg of Metformin a day, but that isn't enough for me I need fertility drugs as well to ovulate. I hope your blood work comes back great tomorrow!

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search