TTC After a Molar Pregnancy?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lilly Ryan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,

I used to frequent the TTC forum on this board a while ago but after my miscarriage I couldn't bring myself to come back. It has been 7 months now and I am finally feeling like there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Just a quick bit of background info: I had a miscarriage in July 2012 after the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat at my 9 week ultrasound. I eventually had to have 2 D&C's to remove everything completely and was diagnosed with a questionable partial molar pregnancy. I say questionable because the lab report could not give me a definitive answer about whether or not it was a molar pregnancy. So my doctor said that they would have to assume that it was indeed a PMP just to be on the safe side. He gave me a 6 month wait before TTC again.

My second D&C was at the end of August and in early October, my numbers were down to zero and the 6 month countdown could begin. I have been getting monthly blood tests for the last 4.5 months and every time the numbers have been at zero so things have been looking good. These past 7 months since my miscarriage have been miserable and I am desperate to start trying again. I saw my doctor last week and told him that I would really like to stop with the tests and start TTC now. He wasn't very pleased and said that he thinks that I should wait out the last 2 months but understood if I wanted to TTC now.

I really feel like with the combination of it being a questionable molar pregnancy, coupled with the fact that my numbers have been zero for 4 months in a row that there isn't much of a chance that this would happen again. Even my doctor said that it was a very very small chance that the molar tissue could grow back, but the fact remains that it could happen. And I really don't want to go through this again.

The rational part of me is saying that I should just wait the 2 more months so that I can have that peace of mind (although who is to say that it still couldn't happen again anyway), but the emotional part of me says that the chance is so small, why waste another 2 more months of conception chances. I just don't know what to do and would love to hear what other people think and hear from other ladies who are in/have been in a similar situation.

1 partial molar pregnancy and 2 ectopics. Read my story here.

Last edited by Lilly Ryan; February 18th, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
February 19th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Wow you have been through a lot!
I have no experience with that but knowing me? I would start TTC.

Good luck to you!! Hope you get a sticky bean soon!!!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

February 19th, 2013, 07:59 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also had a PMP - but more recently, in January I found out at 12 weeks that we lost the baby and had a D&C the next day. Two weeks later we found out it was a PMP. I am still watching my blood levels fall every week and am waiting to hit zero. I am also still waiting to hear how long I will have to maintain a zero level for before we are allowed to begin TTC again - but I have read doctors opinions vary from 3 months - 1 year. It is so hard to go against your doctors choice - but if you are feeling confident I would have a hard time waiting the 2 more months.

Best of luck to you!!!!! Hope you get your rainbow baby soon!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 19th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Regular
Thanks for your input, ladies.

Momology - My doctor said that the usual wait time used to be 1 year but now most doctors say 6 months is ok. But after reading on various boards I find that a lot of women were given a 3 month wait time. There really doesn't seem to be much consistency which is really frustrating! I hope you hit zero soon!

February 20th, 2013, 06:47 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I spoke with my doctor yesterday and she is in the 3 month camp!! She said I just need a zero beta 3 months in a row. So I would think you are good to go.

Best of luck to you!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Regular
Great news! Congrats! Here's hoping you get to zero soon.
momology likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search