How long afteD&C to start trying again??

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Regular
Has anyone had a successful pregnancy after a D&C? My Doctor told me I just had to wait one cycle. It's only been 10 days but I have already have my period, and it wasn't just bleeding from the D&C, I have pmdd so I know this for a fact. I want to make sure my body is healthy enough to carry another pregnancy. Has anyone had experience with this? I want to make sure I do this right but I am also anxious to start trying again.

please let me know!

Thank you!
February 24th, 2013, 09:45 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for your loss, nobody should have to go through this. I also had a d&c in 2009 with a pregnancy that stopped developing at 8wks (I was 9.5wks). With a d&c, as explained by my high risk OB, your lining is scraped pretty thin (unlike a natural m/c where it is more like an AF). He told me to wait 3mo, but I just could not do that emotionally. If your body is ready to carry a baby, then you will more than likely get pg when it is ready. In my case, like yours, I got AF just 2wks after the procedure. Making my lining almost non-existant. I did not O after that AF until the next AF showed (2cycles of not o'ing). I got pregnant again 5mo after the d&c, but that ended early too, at about 5wks.(natural m/c) I then got pregnant with my rainbow baby 3mo later.

Every body is different, every pregnancy is different. Emotionally I needed to at least try right away. Even if I got bfn's, I still felt I was moving forward. I pray you get your sticky baby very soon.
February 25th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Just keep breathing.
My doctor said wait until after 1 natural AF. After my D&C, my cycle resumed exactly 4 weeks later. I then conceived when I ovulated on that cycle. Unfortunately that pregnancy was not viable. But it did not seem to have any connection to how soon I conceived after the D&C- it had its own problems. So, I think if you're ready, it's okay to try.
February 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would think you can follow your doctors guidance of waiting one cycle - I think you can try again whenever you feel ready.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 25th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Regular
Oh wow, thanks guys. I want to try but I am just surprised I got AF so soon after D&C. I was expecting it weeks from now!
February 25th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Like they always say everyone is different I just got AF a few days ago after my D&C on Jan 11th. I am so glad your body is working things out fast!!!!

February 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Regular
Thank you. Well now my DH is saying he doesn't want to go through this again this soon What a bummer! I was thinking we would start trying again right away! Sigh! It was so hard for me to convince him this last time, then it ended in mc and now who knows when he will be ready to try again!
March 1st, 2013, 06:22 AM
I am so sorry!! That is very disappointing. If he was ready once I am sure he will be ready again - a loss affects everyone differently and he may need just a little more time. Hopefully you two will be able to talk through everything and be back on the same page soon.

March 2nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Regular
Well I guess he changed his mind I think you can figure out how I know. It wasn't his words! LOL. I know I am ovulating now and we bd'ed today and the day before yesterday. I'm a bit nervous because I don't know if I really even waiting a cycle or if it was just bleeding from the D&C. I am pretty sure it was a cycle at least thats what the RN from my MD office seems to think, but who knows, I guess whatever is meant to happen is going to happen regardless of how much I stress and fret over it. Thanks to all the lovely ladies here that have supported me during my MC and etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search