Chromosomal Testing Results SAD :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momology

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I received the chromosomal testing results today for the 12 week m/c I had in late December. I asked the doctor to fax the results to my office and holy crap, that was a BAD idea. I was so upset I had to leave work. My daughter (it was a baby girl) died of Trisomy 21 down syndome. The information stated that 75% of babies with DS pass away in utero. My odds of having another baby with DS is markedly increased to 1 in 100. I am 30 years old. Normal odds for a 30 year old are less than 1 in 1000.

I am so sad and have so many mixed emotions. My good friend just had a baby with DS in December. We went and met him last weekend. He was adorable. Though I know what a mixed blessing he is for his family. She was 29 when he was conceived.

I am not even sure what to think. It's hard to know and it makes me feel like I am defective or something to be producing abnormal eggs at such a young age. But then again, not knowing a cause might be worse. I am scared that my odds of this happening again are so high.

We have decided to name her Caroline Collins He_____. Please say a little prayer for her (and for me.)
February 25th, 2013, 04:12 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Caroline is such a beautiful name and Im so sorry for your heartache today. There is still a 99% chance that your next little bean will be perfectly healthy. Im sorry you will have to live in fear the next time, I wish it was easier. Praying that you will be able to wrap your head around all you read and definitely ask your dr. ALOT of questions......sometimes these lab reports differ in the Dr. opinions. He/she may make you feel alot better about what you read. I pray you get your rainbow baby so very soon.
February 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. I am sorry.

I do want to give you a little hope. A friend of mine from this forum and in my Dec 2010 PR lost her daughter to Trisomy either 13 or 18. She now has two beautiful perfect little boys.
February 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so so so sorry! Saying a prayer for you!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 26th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Remembering Tadpole
I am so sorry for your loss. However, I miscarried at about 12 weeks and would have done anything to know what my baby was and what caused me to m/c. I was not able to do any testing so everything is unknown to us. Yes, the knowing is also hard, but you have some answers. Like others said, you can still go on to have a happy and healthy baby. Best of luck.
February 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are going through this - knowing made it easier and harder for me at the same time as it also increased my odds of miscarrying in the future. But like the other ladies said you have a 99% chance of having a normal healthy baby. What my DH said to me when I was worrying about the odds was "Do you ever take an umbrella when the weather says there is a 1% chance of rain?" It made me giggle and helped a little - but I am still worried to as I am sure you will be.

Best of luck to you - I am sending positive thoughts your way!
Frozenoj likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 28th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love that thing about the umbrella!

sorry to hear your genetic testing came back with bad results.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
February 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Prayers for you and Caroline.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search