New to this board :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Regular
Unfortunately, I am new to this board. A little over 3 weeks ago, I experienced my first natural miscarriage at 5 weeks. It was an emotional roller coaster for us and here's why...

Jan 14- found out we're pregnant!!! HCG =13.8 Progesterone low so was put on suppositories
Jan 16- HCG=18 so told to stop progesterone and that we were going to miscarry
Jan 23- HCG=167 so told to start progesterone again and that we ARE pregnant
Jan 25- HCG=177 so now just completely confused and lost and possibly going to miscarry again
Jan 28- HCG=196 and had an ultrasound that showed a 5 week gestational sac when we were supposed to be 6, close to 7 weeks
Jan 31- started bleeding
Feb 1- passed a huge clot, HCG=150, uterus empty now on ultrasound. Officially miscarried
Feb 6- HCG=10
Feb 13- HCG=0

We were told that my HCG needed to reach zero before we started trying again, so we're back at it now. I have no clue when AF will show up or when I'm supposed to O, so we're just having fun practicing now. I do have a little spotting today, so either AF is going to show up or hopefully it's implantation bleeding! I have not idea!

How long after a miscarriage did AF show up for everyone else? Is there even a chance of us getting pregnant immediately afterwards?

February 26th, 2013, 12:24 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss - that sounds like a terrible emotional roller coaster

I had a D&C not a natural miscarriage and a sort of special situation so I am not terribly helpful - but in general I have heard some people do get pregnant right away and some take a little time for their bodies to regulate. My doctor told me it is possible to get pregnant immediately afterwards before your first AF! I hope you get your sticky BFP right away!
bgreenawalt10 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 26th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm sorry for your loss. I had a D&C last fall and a misoprostol-induced MC about 2 weeks ago. After the D&C, my OB said she wanted me to wait until after one AF, but that people do get pregnant on that same cycle and it doesn't seem to be a problem. (I personally did not, since I was still bleeding for most of that month.)

So, yes, there is a chance you can get pregnant immediately. However it works out, I wish you peace and healing.
bgreenawalt10 likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 12:01 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I am so sorry for your loss, and what a crazy rollercoaster you were on for those weeks...I'm glad you're back at zero and at least able to start TTCing again. For me, the start of AF ranged widely, but the shortest timeframe I had was after 2nd loss (naturally completed m/c) and it returned about 25 days after the loss.

It is absolutely possible to become pregnant immediately after a m/c...hasn't happened to me (but we were always instructed to wait a cycle or more) but I've seen dozens of ladies here have that type of quick success, so it's definitely possible. Good luck to you!
February 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran
im so sorry for your lost i had a miscarriage on december 18 my hcg finally reached 0 january 22 and just got AF first time since last friday to give you a genral idea but i am no expert hope this help

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

February 27th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Crystal Lynn's Avatar Regular
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your hcg is back to 0 though so you can start trying again. I had a D&C October 15th & just had my first af this month. The doctor told me they typically say to wait for one cycle so that your lining builds up again & also for better accuracy when confirming a date when you do conceive again. Although they also said that you technically don't have to wait, and that it shouldn't hurt anything if you did happen to conceive before your first af. I know tons of women have got pregnant before their first af & many others within the first couple cycles. I heard after a mc you have a better chance of conceiving right away too Good luck!

February 27th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're going through this.

My first miscarriage was natural, at 7 weeks. I conceived immediately after my levels were at zero, no AF. I ended up losing him too, late term. I don't think it had anything to do with conceiving so soon after the first one.

Good luck to you.
March 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Regular
Thanks for the input ladies! AF did show up on Wednesday, so 27 days after the miscarry. Disappointed that she showed up again, but at least now we can pick up where we left off with my treatment and hopefully get that sticky bean very soon!!

Good Luck!!

March 4th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope y'all get a BFP soon.
March 4th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I had a miscarriage 12/21 at 9 weeks 4 days. (baby showed 9 weeks 2 days). AF showed up 30 days after. My Dr. told me at that time that there was no need to wait, we could start trying asap. I had told her I heard that women are much more fertile soon after a miscarriage and asked if it were true, she said that you do release an egg like a week or two after you miscarry and can get pregnant before you have another AF visit. Wishing you luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search