a little nervous

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey there, decided to drop in and get some feedback from you all I'm a little nervous that I'm pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I want to be but just not sure I'm ready NOW. Before my miscarriage I had figured out my cycle pretty well, I knew the day I ovulated because of the cramping that I felt. So, the month of October, when I felt those little cramps I told my husband LET'S GO! Ended up with a postive test.

Sooooo, had my miscarriage in December (21st), still bled for a few weeks after so avoided sex all together, aunt flo visited about 30 days after my miscarriage, pretty normal cycle, kinda was depressed didn't feel like much sex through that cycle, had another visit from aunt flo, again not much sex but was feeling guilty and then on the day i feel those cramps, hubby wants some fun time and of course I was like ok because I felt guilty for not having any adult time in the last few months after everything. This was just this past sunday night so I know it's pretty impossible to have symptoms already BUT the last 3 mornings, i've really felt like throwing up, I thought I was going to have to pull over yesterday because i felt so sick. It passes and I'm fine the rest of the day, i've been sooo tired this week as well. I really think i'm just over reacting and being paranoid because although I want to be pregnant again I'm really nervous that it's too soon!

One thing I forgot to mention, today, i'm having sharp pains low in my right side, feels like it felt when I was pregnant before. I had a cyst on my right ovary and I could feel the pains sometimes. Dr said the cyst was supposed to be there or whatever for the first part of pregnancy.

Do you think it's possible that i've been having symptoms so soon after sex? It's only been about 5 days.

Last edited by cortln; March 1st, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
March 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it possible? Probably. Is it likely? I don't think so. You could just be feeling sick and stuff because you're so nervous and worried. Normally implantation doesn't happen until at least 6dpo, and then it will take another few days to have symptoms. Some symptoms seems to show up right away for some people but unless you have a history of that happening I would assume that's not it. In my experience if you're far enough along to have symptoms you're far enough along to get a positive test. But of course there are always exceptions to that.

The cyst your doctor was referring to is probably the corpus luteum. After you ovulate the follicle on your ovary where the egg was turns into a corpus luteum which secretes progesterone. If you aren't pregnant it will stay there for a week or two and then it will break down. The decrease in progesterone at this time is what causes AF. If you are pregnant it will stick around to keep secreting progesterone as that's an essential hormone for pregnancy. So basically you would have that cyst right now whether you were pregnant or not. Also a lot of pregnancy symptoms are actually due to progesterone and not HCG so you could have them even if you aren't pregnant. I get tired in the TWW whether I'm pregnant or not.

I'm really sorry for your loss and understand being nervous about another pregnancy. I was like that for a while, and still am to a certain extent. I think that's normal.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
March 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks for responding. I guess I'll find out here in a couple weeks. Everything happens for a reason so whatever happens will be ok with me. Thanks for explaining the whole cyst thing, I was wondering about that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search