Colposcopy anyone?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a colposcopy, and biopsy, on February 11, nothing found. Now, I am 3 or 4 days late for AF. I have read a lot of people's questions online that have the same question I do... Can this procedure make AF late? Some general public answered on various sites stating that they were late after the procedure. The medical professionals all say that's not possible. Does anyone have experience with this? I have taken 3 tests, all are negative. We were actually trying to prevent during the time I should have O'd. I want to wait until my first cycle after I get married in May. I suppose there could have been an oops, but the tests are showing negative. Any advice out there? Real life experience would be great!
March 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is possible that you are just late because of the procedure - not because of what it was but just the general stresses of the procedure and everything else you have been going through. Stress can really mess with your cycle a lot. Anything is possible but if you were trying to prevent and you are still seeing negative tests after AF was due then I am thinking you may just be having a wonky cycle. But of course if AF doesn't show I would test again in a week or call the doc.

Best of luck to you!
Redneck_Mommy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 4th, 2013, 12:40 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a leep and it messed my body up for 1.5 years!!!!! Migraines all the time, horrible acne out of nowhere, crazy periods, emotional hormone episodes - it was a nightmare. Drs kept saying my leep had nothing to do with it but so many other women online had the same experience, so I just ignore the drs - they only know what they are taught. I don't think the procedure caused my issues, but the trauma of the procedure - I was put under twilight sedation and felt EVERYTHING - it was horrible and terrifying. I was two seconds away from having cervical cancer (severe cin 3) and luckily I have never had an abnormal pap or needed any other surgeries since.

So after my long winded story (lol) I definitely think that a biopsy/colposcopy can make your period late. I had one too but I don't remember what happened after that since my periods tend to be a little strange as is.

I'm sorry, I forgot to unclick my signature box I hate that.
March 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a colposcopy and biopsy years and years ago, I don't remember if it made AF late, however, I do agree that the stress of it could have made you late.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search