After D&C

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Regular
This is so frustrating. My D&C was last month and I had a cycle since. My MD gave me the okay to TTC again. Since my cycle, I have no idea when I ovulated. I had EWCM twice this month and I had my progesterone checked last week and it was 0.1 which means I probably hadn't ovulated yet.

I had tons of EWCM on Saturday and we Bd'd we only BD'd that once. If I did ovulate that day and we only BD'd that once, is there any chance at all that I will get a BFP this month!? I am so incredibly frustrated and my dh is not feeling ttc like he was before my MC Even getting him to bd is hard these days.

Long sigh..

Is it easier to get pregnant after a D&C? I have read different sites that say it is??

I guess I am inpatient and I don't want to wait any longer... I also started cramping today just 2dpo so who knows maybe I am getting Af early.. I am super frustrated so any insight is much appreciated..

Thanks for listening to my vent..
March 12th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I don't have any D&C experience, but I do have DF experience. My DF went through a period of time when he didn't seem interested in DTD. I didn't know what was going on because we are VERY active normally. I was having a really hard time with that because I immediately thought back to my ex and the way that turned out. So, to make a long story shorter, I finally broke down and confronted DF about this. After much stress and tears, he admitted that he wasn't near over our loss. He thought about it all the time. He thought about all the things he saw that day. He thought about holding our son's tiny, lifeless body. It was too much. And, he thought about how much he was disappointing me because I didn't know what the truth was. I thought he just didn't want me. Now that we are on the same page, everything is good again. If your DH is anything like my DF, maybe he's just not ready, or maybe he needs to vent too. Good luck to you.
March 12th, 2013, 06:11 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss and for the difficulties you are having getting back into the swing of things. I used OPKs this past year and they were pretty accurate. It took us 5 cycles to figure out when my fertile time was before we got pregnant (and that was after months and months of clueless TTC). After our first loss, it took 3 cycles to find it again. The first cycle we were able to determine my fertile time we got pregnant again. I used OPKs even when we were not TTCing, because I wanted to chart and learn my cycles again.

Post D&C has to be tough - I'm not looking forward to it. I too have read quite a bit and the medical profession says its no easier to get pregnant after a loss than it was before. Many women though say they have conceived right away.

I wish you the best of luck and sticky baby dust to you.

P.S. DH and I talked about the emotional time we expect to have when we TTC again. We decided that two or three times a month, we'll have some time to our own, go on a date and have fun. We want to make Romance and Connection our focus, rather than TTC. We don't have alot of time left in our reproductive lives, but we don't want our marriage to suffer either. So I guess what I'm saying is Don't forget what made you fall in love with your spouse in the first place, and enjoy each other.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are going through a frustrating time. It can take a bit for your body to get back to a regular cycle after a D&C. It can be difficult to determine ovulation just based on CM but CM certainly can be a helpful guide. You can also try OPKs like a previous poster suggested or taking your basal body temperature and charting that.

There is for sure a chance if you BD'd on Saturday and that is the day you ovulated that you will get a BFP this month! It only takes once You never know what the cramping could be from today it really depends on where you are at in your cycle. It could be ovulation cramps, or implantation cramps, or early AF cramps. The body can be so tricky like that!!

Hang in there!! I will be keeping my fingers crossed you get your sticky BFP soon!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Regular
Thanks ladies. I am sorry for your losses too Redneck Mommy, that is so sad I am glad that you all got to talk about things though. That is just so terrible I am so sorry. I went to my MD today, he said he wasn't concerned about my hormones because I was able to get pregnant and that he wouldn't be concerned about them unless it was several months of me not being able to conceive. I guess I just need to be patient and wait this out and quit obsessing over this all. I know it will happen when its meant too the mc was just a lot harder on me than I thought.

Momology, thanks That gives me hope. I decided I am not going to obsess about this anymore. Well I am going to try! lol. I am not going to test again till I am actually late and whatevers meant to happen will happen. I am gonna just focus on getting my body totally healthy and ready.

Lelila, that sounds like a great plan! I really think we need some time out too! Thanks girl and sorry for your loss too :/
March 12th, 2013, 09:05 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I don't know about easier, but body definitely can be wonky from an ovulation perspective after a loss...I hope yours gets back on normal cycle quickly and hopefully we'll be celebrating a bfp for you soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search