Happy Spring!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Cait&AngelAbove
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Redneck_Mommy
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Today's first day of spring! A time for renewal, rejuvenation & hope, so I think it's the perfect season for everyone here

So lets discuss Spring plans...anything goes - what are you going to do this spring? Anyone planting a garden or planning a move or home improvement?

Fill us in ladies!!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have already started planting some flowers and now we just need to finish planting our veggies.
mommamindy likes this.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
March 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just bought a new house and have a huge yard to play with so I'm going to do a garden! I've never grown anything before so starting with Tomato's, cucumbers & zucchini!

AND OF COURSE, HOPEFULLY GETTING A BFP!!!! hehe
mommamindy likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting our garden ready. My daughter and I plowed the other day. Now need to add compost and till it all together. We have a tomato plant and some peppers growing in planters now. We started seeds the other day, squash, pickling cucumbers and some flowers. It's a huge area so maybe we will try melons too. Maybe some herbs. I'd really like to finish the remodel on one of the bedrooms... We are also getting ready to host an exchange student, so preparing for that. We are supposed to get married in May. So, I guess I'm supposed to be planning that. I'd rather have a hot stick in the eye. The courthouse is looking like a fine venue!
We just got 6 replacement hens and a new lamb so that's keeping the kids busy in the evenings. I am sure I'm forgetting stuff I'll add later. My phone is bring dumb right now, so I will hit post and shut it down.. HAPPY SPRING!

Things I forgot:
1. My 13 year old is starting this season of swim today! I'm very excited about that. She's a fantastic swimmer and has potential to get a swim scholarship. My 15 year old swims too, but isn't fantastic at it. She excels at other things.
2. We are also preparing our turkey pen for this years show birds. We are putting in automatic waterers and a new door. We are trying to figure out solar lighting for them too, as there is no electricity in that barn.
3. Our ongoing project is still ongoing... The outdoor kitchen. Last year we got running water out there. Now, our main focus there will be a sink and lights. It's so beautiful in mid summer. Lots of flowers, plants and butterflies. It overlooks our "redneck swimming pool" (the pond). Lol.
mommamindy likes this.

Last edited by Redneck_Mommy; March 20th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
March 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am loving our first day of spring already it is such a beautiful day here!

We are planning to redo out garden on our patio next weekend! We are also excited to keep all of our windows and doors open as much as possible. Hoping to have people over for BBQs and hangouts to enjoy the weather as much as possible.

Hope everyone has a great spring
mommamindy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 20th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
DH set up one of his old 55 gallon fish tanks in our bedroom. It has been running for almost a month so we added some freshwater Angel fish, a few cory cats, and planted some live plants. Everything looks happy and healthy so far. I really enjoy watching the fish swim around and the live plants growing... it's pretty therapeutic.

I have been working on our bathroom while DH is at work. Cleaning the grout in between the tiles on the floor, getting the walls/cabinets ready to be painted, redoing the silicone sealant around the bathtub/shower. I was actually going to start painting our bathroom today but forgot to pick up painters tape while I was out so now I'm going to wait until tomorrow.

On top of all that I would really like to get the kitchen, dining area, and 2 hallways repainted before we start ttc in the middle of April but I have been moving kind of slow. In my defense it's a lot of work for one woman to do on her own, and I only work on my home improvement projects when DH isn't home. I prefer to spend my time with him when he is home. Basically I have 3 weeks to get it done, or as much of it as I can then I guess DH will have to finish my painting project
mommamindy likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Just keep breathing.
I live in a city apartment, so no home reno for me. But in the spring & summer I grow basil & mint in pots on my back porch.

I'm looking forward to taking long walks to the lake with my dog, and bike rides through the parks. Spring really picks up with shows and concerts I like to go to- I love the busy-ness of city living.

I'm glad this post is up. I need to focus on joyous things that are in my life and the world, and things to look forward to. It's been hard for me lately- my first EDD is approaching (May 13- day after Mother's Day, of course) and it's hard not to think about how I'd be preparing. My next EDD would have been Sept 12, so that has me thinking about how I'd be pregnant all summer. But now... I don't know. Last year we took 2 big vacations, thinking we'd have a new baby this year. So now we don't really have the plans/time/$ for trips. Maybe just a weekend getaway this summer.
mommamindy likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Beautiful Life!
Last week I painted both bathrooms, filled holes and touched up paint all over the house from where pictures have been moved, and repainted the window seals, doors, and trim throughout the house. It refreshed everything!

My other plans are to get some new outdoor play things for my kids. Going for more walks with them, as I put on a few lbs. since I quit smoking. And I'll plant our garden again this year, but we can't do that until May here. Last, I'm thinking I'm going to buy a toddler pool this year and have it out for my girls, so I don't have to worry about them in our 4 ft. pool. Not sure yet. That's my plans!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search