had my d&c on wednesday

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By islandbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
lindsaylyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Between hearing the bad news and having the D&C, we waited 16 days. The hardest 2 weeks of my life. Just when I think I have no tears left, new ones come. How long until I will get a normal period? I want to TTC again after a month or two. Hate having to wait right now. I feel so empty inside.
March 24th, 2013, 11:46 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had my D&C 8 days ago and yesterday I think I finally stopped spotting. Somehow this fact actually makes me feel better as in there isn't a constant reminder of everything that has happened. Does that even make sense? This is my first time going through all of this so I don't know exactly what happens after all of this. From what I can tell a lot of women get their first AF about a month after their D&C. There are different versions of how quickly one can start to ttc again...somewhere between 1 and 3 months. I have gone back and forth about this a million times. One second I want to ttc right away and then come the thoughts, "Can I go through this again? Or something worse? Do I want to take that risk?" etc, etc. I have come to the conclusion that I am in no way capable to make a decision like that right now. I do think I will need a few months to heal from all of this.

I know just how you are feeling right now and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this It's just not fair! Anyone who has never gone through this has no idea what it really feels like. I know all about how empty you feel and it's heartbreaking, I know! I just have to keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason, my baby is in a better place, one day I will be with my baby again....

It has helped me a lot to read up about having a miscarriage, being here on JM, befriending others who have had a loss etc. All of this makes me not feel as alone. For the first few days, every 5 minutes I would have a different emotion - sadness, heartbreak, frustration, anger, etc. It's all normal having those feelings.

We are all here for you anytime you need to vent, cry etc.

Sending you lots of HUGS!!!
mommamindy likes this.

Last edited by islandbaby; March 24th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
March 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm so, so sorry. ((hugs)) There is really no accurate prediction to when your cycle will get back to normal. Some women's cycles pick right back up where it left off as if nothing ever happened and some ladies end up waiting months. It's just another one of those things our body does to us that seems to make the pain cut even deeper. I hope your wait is a short one.

March 24th, 2013, 10:09 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so very sorry for your loss. Like Ame said the time for AF to come back is unfortunately very different for every woman. For me, I ovulated 25 days after my d&c and af showed 41 days later. We were not ttc during that time but I wanted to track everything anyway. I have heard some women's doctors say they can begin to ttc right away (2 weeks post d&c) and some people's docs recommend waiting for a natural period or some set number of cycles. That is also depending on each woman's specific situation. Waiting can be so hard. I am so sorry for all you are going through. we are here if you ever need to vent or want to talk.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 24th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Beautiful Life!
I am so sorry. I hope your body kicks into some normalcy quickly for you and you're able to begin healing.

March 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry, lindsaylyn! Hugs! Hope you can ttc soon!
March 27th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you find peace soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search