Dental work around 4th week of pregnancy?????

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just thinking about this last night. We are TTC now, I have a Dentist appt on 4/6 to have a cavity filled. IF I am pregnant, I'll be approx 3 weeks 6 days on 4/6. I didn't want to test until the following week BUT now I am a little concerned.

Do you think I should try testing on 4/6? I'm not sure if having a cavity filled will harm the pregnancy that early.

I'm going to double check with the Dr. I guess. Do you think a pregnancy test will show positive if I test 3 weeks 6 days?
March 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I honestly wouldn't worry about it. At that point, there is very little that gets to the baby since most moms don't even know they are pregnant yet. They are getting nutrients from the yolk sac rather than the mother. It is better for the mom to have good oral heath than have a cavity the whole time.
mommamindy likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Beautiful Life!
I agree with it being ok, even if you are. However, in answer to your question, Yes! I do think an hpt will work at 3 weeks 6 days. Actually, I was wondering why you were going to wait so long to take one. I know in another post you said you wanted a good dark line, but by 4/6 I think you'll be enough dpo to get an answer one way or another. I don't remember exactly how many dpo you are today, but I'm certain you could start testing with pretty accurate results by the beginning to middle of next week.

Can't wait to start seeing tests from you!

Additional note- while I say dental work should be ok, I mean like a routine cleaning or maybe cavity, but more than that, I would error on the side of caution. My dentist doesn't like to do much during pg, besides a cleaning, in the first half of pregnancy at the very least.

March 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for responding Maybe I'll test on 3/5, I don't know why but I want to find out on the weekend if I am pregnant so I can have the whole weekend to be excited, I don't want to test and then have to come into work and keep to myself all day. At least i'll have all weekend to get the initial excitement over with lol

I think i'm around 5 DPO....
mommamindy likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Beautiful Life!
5 dpo and you're going to wait that long?!?! You'll be like 15 dpo by the 5th even! I knew there was a reason I thought you were waiting quite long to test! You definitely should be able to test by then. Can't wait!

I'll just be around o' day, so I'll need someone's hpt's to stalk!

March 27th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
haha ok! I"ll test on 4/5 or 4/6 first thing in the morning

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search