I am in SHOCK!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By Sunrise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Regular
I just wanted someone to share this with although it's not real yet. I just got a BFP after my miscarraige and DNC !!! I didn't test positive until 17dpo so I really thought I was out and was going to stop trying for a while. I wanted to tell you guys because I wont tell any family or friends for at least 3 months..

I hope everyone else is doing well and want to thank you for your support through my mc!!
March 28th, 2013, 04:56 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Wow, congratulations!!! That is such happy news

Do you mind me asking how long you waited to ttc after your D&C? Reason I'm asking is because I had a D&C done and it seems most reports say to wait 3 months, but other say less than that, so I'm just curious!

Sending you lots of positive thoughts for a healthy and happy pregnancy and delivery!!!
March 28th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Just keep breathing.
WOW! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you.

sugarmomma, I also had a D&C in November, and was told to wait one cycle- after one natural period passed.
k.kelly06 likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 05:47 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's fantastic. Thank you for sharing some hope! I hope everything goes perfectly!
k.kelly06 likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 28th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Regular
Thank you guys so much!!! I waited one cycle and to be honest with you I wasn't even trying. We only Bd'd one time and considering how hard it was for me to conceive when I did have mymc/ D&C I guess I became more fertile after either that or it was just meant to be. I am not really excited yet.. I am very cautious. I am actually kinda scared cause I do not want to go through that again and so soon.

I am waiting for my MD office to open so I can call.
March 28th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Regular
Thank you guys so much!!! I waited one cycle and to be honest with you I wasn't even trying. We only Bd'd one time and considering how hard it was for me to conceive when I did have mymc/ D&C I guess I became more fertile after either that or it was just meant to be. I am not really excited yet.. I am very cautious. I am actually kinda scared cause I do not want to go through that again and so soon.

I am waiting for my MD office to open so I can call.

Oops didn't mean to post it twice
March 28th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Regular
Congratulations! What wonderful news

1 partial molar pregnancy and 2 ectopics. Read my story here.
March 28th, 2013, 07:11 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Congratulations!! What wonderful news'

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 28th, 2013, 08:46 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW! Congratulations! How wonderful! And you weren't trying!

Can I ask a few questions? I don't want to make you sad, but I was curious if it was your first MC and how far along you were when you MCd. Did you get your period after the D&C and if so, what was it like? Did your OB ever check your hormone levels (not just Hcg, but progesterone and stuff like that) to make sure that you had balance in your cycle?

I'm asking because I'm having trouble finding data on how quickly hormonal balance is established after loss. If you don't feel like answering, please don't. I don't want you to feel sad after getting such happy news.

All the best to you and a SUPER HEALTHY AND HAPPY NINE MOS!

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 28th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelila View Post
WOW! Congratulations! How wonderful! And you weren't trying!

Can I ask a few questions? I don't want to make you sad, but I was curious if it was your first MC and how far along you were when you MCd. Did you get your period after the D&C and if so, what was it like? Did your OB ever check your hormone levels (not just Hcg, but progesterone and stuff like that) to make sure that you had balance in your cycle?

I'm asking because I'm having trouble finding data on how quickly hormonal balance is established after loss. If you don't feel like answering, please don't. I don't want you to feel sad after getting such happy news.

All the best to you and a SUPER HEALTHY AND HAPPY NINE MOS!
Thanks,

I don't mind. I had a cycle after my D&C, it was extremely heavy, I was almost like spurting out blood (sorry TMI). I never actually bled after my D&C. My MD didn't check my levels, I had my own levels checked one month after and they were all normal. He said because I had conceived he didn't believe my hormones were an issue so I did it on my own just to be safe and I pretty much lost my HCG before my D&C because the tests kept getting fainter and fainter and after I took a test to be sure there wasn't HCG in my system and there was not.

I was right around 10 weeks and yes it was my first mc.
March 28th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and GL! Please keep us posted after you talk with OB.
k.kelly06 likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks K.K. Wow, you were really on top of things! Good for you! I'm so happy for you! I wish I had asked to get my hormones checked and all of that. My OB never did blood work, not once the entire pregnancy or when we found out we MCd or before or after the D&C. Strange huh?

I always wondered about progesterone and estrogen and testosterone and the other hormones - when do they balance out, and do they reduce at the same level as Hcg. I'm fascinated by the human body, maybe a little too much eh?

Well again, Congratulations! I'll live vicariously through you until I get my BFP. You give us all hope! Thanks again for answering my questions.

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 28th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
March 28th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
March 28th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Regular
Awe thanks you guys. This is just so sweet! I love that I can share my news with you all! Its hard not telling people and not getting excited! I will definitely keep you posted with my appointment!

Lelila-I don't trust Dr's completely. I mean I have always asked my Dr to draw labs on me if I thought something didn't add up and usually I was right. It helps that I am in my last semester of RN school so I know what labs to look for. A lot of people aren't even sure what labs are involved and if you do you should ask your MD to draw them for you. I actually just got my family practice MD to do it for me. I do think thats crazy that your MD didn't draw any labs?!!! I mean even to make sure the HCG was out of your system??

To be honest with you what worked with me getting pregant, I think was accupuncture, because when I had a successful pregnancy with my DD I got accupuncture once a week for 6 weeks and had a successful pregnancy then I got accupuncture 3 weeks before I got a BFP this time. Have you tried that? I also get regular massage cause stress for me is a major indicator well at least for me with getting pregnant.
March 29th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Beautiful Life!
Congratulations!!!

April 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have an amazing, happy, and healthy 9 months!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search