miscarriage at 8 weeks 2 days

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By Redneck_Mommy
  • 1 Post By islandbaby
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By *Leah*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Hi everyone I'm 31 years old and i have a 9 year old son and a 8 year old daughter and i found out on march 6th 2013 i was expecting number 3 (i was 6 weeks) which was a bit of a surprise to my partner and i but we were so excited to be having another one. we had told close friends and family members as this was the same time we found out with our other 2 kids.

with my first 2 i was extremely sick for the first 4 to 5 weeks losing 8 to 12 kilos with them but with this one i wasn't sick just felt off but had tender breast peeing more frequently etc than on Thursday march 14th i started to bleed a little on and off it was bright one minute then dark the next so i didn't think anything of it until the Friday afternoon i passed a couple of tiny little clots then about 2 hours later i passed one the size of a 20 cent coin so my partner took me to the hospital were the nurse and doctor told me that i could be miscarrying but to go home and they put me on total bed rest until the Monday when i was to go to for scan to check things out so everything was OK until Sunday 17th march i went to the toilet and there was a bit more blood then usual as i walked back to bed i felt something fall out of me so i rushed back to bathroom to find that i miscarried and had just passed my baby, it was the worse feeling i have ever experienced my took me to hospital with the mass as i wasn't sure if that was actually it or if it was just something else i had passed but the midwife and doctor confirmed that i had passed my baby. i felt so empty inside i didn't want to talk about it to anyone.

this was my first miscarriage and you don't realise what other people go through until it happens to you and i really feel for anyone else that is going through this at the moment. I'm finding it hard to talk to people about it atm so i thought id share my story with you guys to get it all out and was hoping that you might be able help in telling how long it took for you to conceive again after a miscarriage
March 29th, 2013, 04:28 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking and lonely and sad and stays with your forever. Don't try to make the hurt go away, because it is natural to feel. Grieve and talk about it. We are here if you need to talk.
alimum likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 29th, 2013, 05:06 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you honey.
I think it definitely helps to have our little group that you can tell things to and get things out. I hope it helps you.
alimum likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 29th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It is a life changing event, and it truly does leave you feeling empty. It's just a horrible thing. Everyone is different on when they TTC again. My best advice is to get your blood monitored. When your levels are at zero, that's usually a good place to start. If there is an underlying issue, your doctor may recommend something else.
alimum likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Hi thanks heaps

I thought it would be easier for me to speak on here with others that have gone through this horrible situation also... i had a blood test on the Monday 18th and it still said i was pregnant so i was sent
An ultrasound and that was the hardest thing to do cause there was nothing to see but the lady told,me my ovaries are very healthy so that was a positive i suppose so now i have to have another blood test this Tuesday 2nd April to make sure my levels have dropped.

Once again thank you for your support
March 29th, 2013, 06:14 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I am truly sorry for your loss Your story is very similar to mine. I have two kids and wasn't exactly planning another one, but when it happened we were so excited. I had a missed miscarriage and had a D&C done when I would have been 12 weeks. I am not sure where to go from here...ttc/not ttc? Since I had a D&C done, it's different from miscarrying naturally. I have always read that you can ttc right away when it happens naturally. Either way I would still talk to your Dr. about all of that, just to make sure! The last thing I'd want to do is have a chance of miscarriage rate being higher because I didn't give my body enough time to heal and be prepared for a pregnancy!

It is good to come here and talk. A lot of us also hang out on the pregnancy loss board here on JM!

<HUGS>
alimum likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 06:56 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. It was the hardest moment in my life to know that I passed my baby. We are here to talk.
alimum likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Beautiful Life!
I am so sorry for your loss. When you have your levels tested again, I would ask when you can ttc again. Usually with an early m/c you can start again right away or they may suggest you wait a cycle or two. Good Luck!
alimum likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Just keep breathing.
Big hugs to you, and a sad but warm welcome.
alimum likes this.
June 7th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Hi again everyone i have a question before i go to a doctor..
So i have been TTC since my miscarriage just over 2 months ago and my next period is due 8/6/13 but on tuesday arvo 4/6/13 i notice very light bleeding whe using bathroom and though oh no then it left but that night i had bad pains in stomach then wednesday morning with the pain on and off it was quiet heavy with some tiny dark say black clots and dark brown to dark red mucusy blood that stopped wednesday night then thursday was light bleeding brown to dark red with no pain and today hardly any bleeding at you could nearly say it has stopped completely exept when i wipe the whole time i have had nausea feelings frequent urinating turned off certain foods tired a little light headed (all these syptoms have been around since tuesday 29/5/13) can anyone help me as to what this might be please
June 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Just keep breathing.
My feeling is that it was your period. It was a few days early, but that's not unusual.

The frustrating thing is that period symptoms are very similar to early pregnancy symptoms (fatigue, frequent urination, etc). Period flow has clots, too. I know you are scared it might have been an early miscarriage, but it's most likely it was just your period early.
June 7th, 2013, 07:04 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I also would think it was your period, just a few days early.

Just wondering...have you been charting, temping and do you have any idea when you would have ovulated? A lot of these things can help answer a lot of questions and uncertainties when ttc!
June 7th, 2013, 07:18 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies - I would think it is your period coming a little early.

Keep us posted - I hope your doctors appointment goes well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 7th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to read about your loss. It is very hard to go through.

The amount of blood you described seems to me to be your period. If you don't think it was, the only thing you can do is wait a little bit and then test to be certain.

Did your doctor say when you could TTC again? I'm so sorry you went through a loss... It does change your perspective on so many things.

Hugs to you.
alimum likes this.
June 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I'm so sorry for your loss. You hear about miscarriage, but you don't understand how truly painful it is until you go through it. I'm betting that was your period too, it can really mess up your cycles for a few months afterwards. ((HUGS))
alimum likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

June 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything changes after a miscarriage huh? It does seem like it could be your period, but if you're not sure ask your Dr. They would know more about what may be going on.
June 7th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks.

This was so different to my normal period i never have pains or cramp or feel sick and my ovulatiin date was around 26/27 of may so it was 2 weeks ago now and since my mc everything went straight back to normal with in a week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search