how many dpo can I test? HELP PLEASE

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 2 Post By cortln
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello, I'm getting anxious. At first I wanted to wait a while before I tested, then decided I would test end of next week, last night I bought a pregnancy test so I'd have it next week and of course I woke up this morning thinking I wanted to run to the bathroom and take it lol

So I'm wondering, how many dpo can I take it and get a correct answer?

My cycle is never the same, last month it was 25 days, normally it's about 26 days but every once in a while it's 28 days. If I had to give a for sure answer, I'd say probably around 26 days is the "norm". I ovulated approx 4/22 so this weekend would be 9 or 10 dpo.

If that's the case, AF should be showing up April 4th. The pregnancy test can test up to 5 days before missed period. Is that counting April 4th as day 1? I'm guessing I can test around this weekend possibly?

This is a lot of thinking!

Courtney
March 29th, 2013, 06:48 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
For a for sure answer, wait until you miss your period. But you could test early and possibly get an answer at 10 DPO. I know some get negatives up until AF is due and some get faint BFPs at 9 DPO. Sorry not much help there.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 29th, 2013, 07:52 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When is the next Olympics? I'm the ANTI-Tester. So I say test when you are about about to go into labor. Just Kidding.

I HATE disappointment. So if you don't test, you won't be disappointed, right? AF is due Apr 4? I usually wait until 5 days after AF is due, and since that's only happened 3x and twice it was because we were PG, I've only been disappointed once. So your odds are pretty good if you look at it that way.

Either way, GL and KUP!
cortln likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 29th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Beautiful Life!
I'm pro testing! I say absolutely test this weekend! I do get disappointed if I get a bfn, but I also get disappointed when af shows her ugly head. Testing at least gives me something to focus on. If you o'd on 3/22, I would try to wait until Sunday or Monday to test. Personally, I never follow that advice, as I start testing at 8 dpo, but I think it's so rare to get a bfp that early it's best to wait until at least 9/10 dpo. After that, I say it's fair game and I test daily (truly like twice a day). I can't wait to see your tests! Praying for a bfp for you!
cortln likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I've been pregnant twice and both times I tested the day after AF was supposed to show up and it was positive very quickly. I think I'm going to go for it Sunday morning hehe I agree, I get disappointed with AF shows so might as well get it over with a few days earlier. If it's negative and AF never shows I'll just test again! I'll post Sunday!
mommamindy and Ame C like this.
March 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Just keep breathing.
You know what, after 2 mcs I too am an anti-testing convert. I *may* test at 10dpo, but that's only because it's the day before I'm going on a road trip with my 3 best girlfriends, and there will undoubtedly be some heavy drinking (not while on the road, of course. but you know.) The gallons of good red wine we'll go through will be my consolation prize.

And I told my OB next time no early beta tests, no early ultrasounds. There's nothing that can be done if I get bad news, and the regular 8 week exam will be plenty of time to figure out what's happening. Last time I ended up 5 total ultrasounds within 7 weeks, and it was a constant stream of stress and worry and "what if". Blarg.
March 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh man, I know how hard it is to hold off on taking every test in the house!! .. but I can't wait to see the results. Do you only have 1 test right now? It's hard for me not to buy at least 8 tests at a time and even then I'm always tempted to grab more, and more!
mommamindy and cortln like this.

March 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
haha Ame C, that just made me laugh I do only have one test in the house. I need to get the cheapo one's from the dollar store. I was at walgreens last night and just happened to walk by the pregnancy tests hehe and grabbed one. It was the walgreens brand but it was still like $10 I think or I would have bought like 10 of them lol
Ame C likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh jeeze... that's a lot of pressure just having one test
I could *think* of some other things you need from the store so you have a reason to go back, and of course since your already there, you might as well pick up a few more DOZEN tests, lol

I really am excited for you and can't wait for all the updates!! Sending all the best vibes your way

March 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always try my hardest to wait until 10 days. I usually have a three pack around and do 10, 12 and 14. (also dollar tree or the 88 cent walmart ones are pretty good tests, I would grab a handful the next time you're there so you can test your bladder right to pieces )

GOOD LUCK!!!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 31st, 2013, 12:20 AM
Beautiful Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ame C View Post
Oh jeeze... that's a lot of pressure just having one test
I could *think* of some other things you need from the store so you have a reason to go back, and of course since your already there, you might as well pick up a few more DOZEN tests, lol

I really am excited for you and can't wait for all the updates!! Sending all the best vibes your way
Ame C- Omg, that was funny! I can think of some things too!

Cortln- Can't wait to hear an update today! I'll be back on tonight at the latest to see a pic of your test! May be earlier if I get a break from the festivities. Fx'd!!!
Ame C likes this.

March 31st, 2013, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Took another today! LOL Still NEGATIVE HAHA Dr. appt tomorrow morning, going to ask about a blood test
mommamindy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search