Almost that time for me to start ttc again!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree41Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I haven't been posting here as often as I was before because I didn't want to spread my gloomy sadness to others BUT I'm feeling better now and wanted to give an update on my ttc status. It's about that time for me! AF is due on April 2nd then I will take a trip to Walgreens and pick up my 20 day opk test kit. I'm thinking AF might show up a day or 2 early because (tmi) my CM smells a little metallic/sour and I've been feeling those 'heavy' cramps like I'm about to start any minute now

I feel really optimistic about all this. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but.. they are already way up there! I plan on sharing pics and all that jazz if you ladies don't mind? I didn't have any issues ttc my son so my fingers are crossed that we get lucky on the first try. It will be past the 5 month mark since losing our son when we start ttc so I'm praying enough time has passed for my body to be fully healed and ready to go again. Mentally it has been really hard but I'm to the point now where I am excited and looking forward to giving it another shot. I can't say I wont be crushed if this first cycle of trying doesn't turn out well, but I'm going to try my best to stay level headed and keep these positive vibes going.

Right now I'm stuck waiting for the witch

Anyone else going to be taking opks in April? I need at least 1 volunteer for me to stalk while I'm going through this whole waiting thing, ahhaha

March 30th, 2013, 06:10 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Awww, I'm so excited for you!!! I am really hoping and praying that you get your BFP asap. You deserve it
Ame C likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I'm happy If I don't get a BFP this week, my aunt will be showing around april 4th so I'll be right there with ya and think I'll try the OPK's

I'm hoping you get lucky on the first try!!!!!!!!!
Ame C likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Good luck. I just ovulated so I will not be doing OPKs until very late April at the earliest if I don't get a sticky BFP. Fingers crossed for you!!!
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 30th, 2013, 03:46 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's so exciting!! Good luck to you. I hope it's fast and easy and all goes perfectly!!

Please please share all the pics and stuff with us!!
Ame C likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
March 31st, 2013, 12:28 AM
Beautiful Life!
I'm just starting my opk round for the month. I should get a positive sometime the first week of April, I think. And I post a lot of pics, but usually in the ttc forum. I'll post them here if you want to see. I love looking at other's pics, so I'm glad you want to post pics on here. And I really hope you get a bfp your first month trying! That would be awesome!
smsturner, MoonAngel702 and Ame C like this.

March 31st, 2013, 04:04 AM
Thanks everyone! Yay, awesome!!! Buddies to swap opk pics with!!

Still no AF but I just have a feeling it will happen sometime today, or.. at least it better!! I'm ready to get this show on the road. I *feel* like AF has been here for the past 3 days now but NOTHING! What gives? My impatience doesn't overshadow my excitement though, Eeeeek!!

BFP's for all
*clicks my heels together

BFP's for all

BFP's for all

Did it work?
Cortln better take a test and see
mommamindy and cortln like this.

March 31st, 2013, 02:36 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm so excited you get to TTC soon! And that we get to be cycle buddies!!! I will be using OPKS and the fertility monitor...I usually start them around CD10. I can't wait to see pics of yours!

Jan DDC is going to be ours!

BTW, OTIS is SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!
mommamindy and Ame C like this.
March 31st, 2013, 07:25 PM
We got this ladies!! December and January DDC here we come!!

Those pee sticks don't stand a snowball's chance in hell!!
Oh wow, I never noticed this smiley before.. SEE!! this is that testing beast I was talking about that becomes unleashed as soon as you even *think* about walking down the feminine isle!! <-- Cortln!! *cough cough*
Are we really THAT bat-crazy??
mommamindy, jeragiz and cortln like this.

April 1st, 2013, 08:21 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can NOT freaking wait for this!! You know I'll totally be stalking you in a couple weeks! Ekkkkk!!!

Ame C likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!!!! Can't wait to stalk you!!
Ame C likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 1st, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ame C, I'll be stalking you!!!! If my aunt shows, we are just about on the same cycle. How many days is yours approx? Mine is 25-28ish days.
Ame C likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yayy I am so glad you are starting TTC!!!! I will be stalking those OPKs for sure I am not back to trying yet hopefully in May! But I am keeping my Fx you will have your BFP by then!
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame - BRING ON THE PICS! I'll be stalking you too. I use OPK every month, but I rarely post the pics unless I get something REALLY good. But I want all the TMI details from you. I'm VERY excited that you are doing well. I fully expect to see that Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful BFP from you shortly.

to you and all the lovely, wonderful ladies here.
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 1st, 2013, 06:59 PM
My cycles are usually pretty good about being 26-28 days long.
AF is due tomorrow (2nd) but still nothing yet! Last night DH asked if I was 'late'... well no, not yet but it's weird because I have been feeling all kinds of cramps and pains like AF should be here by now. I really thought I was going to start my period a few days early this cycle. My last AF lasted 7 days. Normally it's only 4 or 5 days long so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? Maybe?

OR... and bare with me here...
According to the online ovulation trackers my ovulation window was anywhere from March 17 - March 22 with my most fertile day predicted on March 20th. DH and I were using condoms but on the 24th or 25th (i forget which day it was) we dtd without protection because I figured my fertile window was over. Could I be pregnant?!? Probably not... but I guess it is a possibility.

I swear, waiting to see if AF is going to show or not is like watching a new movie you don't know anything about!
You hear a really awesome movie title and assume the film must be as exciting as the name suggests, right? (Not always!) You get all pumped up about the movie and make your plans to watch it. Some people will pay to watch it, while others have no problem waiting for it to show on Tv for free. Either way, when it's time for the movie your excited and on the edge of your seat waiting for anything remotely interesting to happen. Amazing plot, good looking graphics or some attractive actors that are at least good eye candy! Then all of a sudden you see the horrible actors being filmed from what you assume is a camera phone and your thinking, "What the heck is this crap?!" This is not what I had in mind!! Then comes the disappointment, frustration, feeling cheated, ect, ect... sitting through the whole thing is torture! Some people will be okay with the crappy movie, while others of course will feel cheated.

..... Hmmm.. okay LOL never mind... now that I read that back to myself I change my mind.
Waiting for AF to decide whether she is going to show or not is WAY WORSE than watching a lame movie!
Arrrrggg, it's horrible!!
mommamindy, jeragiz and cortln like this.

April 1st, 2013, 09:37 PM
Beautiful Life!
Bwahhh! You are crazy! Having you been sleeping well at night?! Just saying. Lol! So at what time tomorrow are you testing if AF hasn't shown? I may have a positive opk tomorrow, today's were getting darker. We'll see. But I'll show you my pee stick if you show me yours!!!

Can't wait to hear an update tomorrow!
Ame C likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 09:55 PM
LOL I just keep telling myself "there is no way..." plus all the signs that AF is coming is confirming my feelings that she MUST be on the way, right?! I don't have any cheap dollar tests left (does that really surprise anyone?) I only have a more expensive test but I wanted to save it!! But if I don't start by the 3rd I'm going to test!

*sighs* I wish dollar stores were open all night... I would be tearing up the shelf with the pregnancy tests like Y2K was coming!!
mommamindy likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 10:00 PM
Beautiful Life!
Oh, man! I'm going to stalk you tomorrow!
Ame C likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Veteran
Any updates today?! I am just catching back up on here and seeing the excitement! TONS of sticky baby dust to you and praying your rainbow baby is on the way soon :-)
Ame C likes this.
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14
April 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also just checking in - any updates???
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search