BFN LOL yes, I know, I took too early but couldn't help it

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By mommamindy
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 3 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 2 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 2 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I woke up this morning and ran to the bathroom, overly excited I guess. Of course, got a BFN, I'm sure some of you are saying "I told you so" but I just had to do it, that test was just burning a hole in my drawer.

Ame C, you'll be happy to know I'm going back to the store today to get a few more tests for this week LOL I guess the next time I test will be Tuesday maybe.....IF I can stand to wait that long!

I go to the OB Monday morning for a pap, I wonder if a blood test could tell early, I wonder how fast they'd have results from a blood test....anyone know? If it takes a few days for results I may as well not even ask and just stick with the hpt's lol
mommamindy and Ame C like this.
March 30th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Regular
Don't worry, you're not the only one. You and I are on the same cycle and I couldn't resist testing either. I tested a couple of days ago. Also a BFN, but I knew in my heart that it was too early. I am going in for my monthly Hcg blood draw on Monday so I will know then. Blood tests can definitely pick up minute amounts of Hcg much earlier than a pregnancy test. Depending on the time of the day you get your blood taken, you could get the results back the same day.

Good luck!

1 partial molar pregnancy and 2 ectopics. Read my story here.
March 30th, 2013, 08:49 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
There are reasons why I have cheap tests and the more expensive ones. I know that I will test early I personally like to look for squinters. I will be wanting to test early again I am sure.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
glad i'm not alone! haha
March 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Awww, see! Having 1 test is just too much pressure!!
Well how are you feeling? Any signs or symptoms? My dr office will give you the results of a pregnancy blood test within a few mins while you are there waiting.
March 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel good lol I'm extra crabby today though haha no other symptoms I did go to the dollar store and bought 5 tests! I think I'm going to try again tomorrow LOL I'm definately going to ask my Dr about it Monday morning!!!!
mommamindy likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Haha, might as well take them. It's hard to stop once you release the testing beast from within!
Plus like geogeek mentioned, part of the fun is looking for those squinters. I can see how it's less stressful to wait, in a way, but that's no fun at all! I'm just WAY too impatient.
mommamindy likes this.
March 31st, 2013, 01:24 AM
Beautiful Life!
I knew you would cave! I just posted in your other topic and then seen this one. Darnit about the bfn. Can't wait to hear how today's testing goes! And hoping you'll post a pic! Good Luck!!!
Ame C likes this.

March 31st, 2013, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
still negative! ugh! LOL If no blood test tomorrow, I am making myself hold off until at least Tuesday or Wednesday haha It'll be easier to not take one since I'll be at work lol
March 31st, 2013, 07:49 AM
I'm not listening!!

... Okay, lets say you summon up the patience of a saint and end up holding-out from testing until Tuesday... It's just going to torture you all day while your at work!! Do you really want to put yourself through that?!

Okay, I'll stop being a bad influence...
Hoping to hear good news from you soon
mommamindy and cortln like this.

Last edited by Ame C; March 31st, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
March 31st, 2013, 03:32 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm so sorry to hear it was a BFN It might be just too early still! I hope you get your BFP really soon! KUP on how tomorrow goes! and
mommamindy and cortln like this.
March 31st, 2013, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well.....the tests are only $1 LOL So I guess it can't hurt to use another tomorrow LOL YES AME C..... You are a bad influence!!! j/k This is kinda fun LOL

Hopefully it is just too early but if not and i'm just not prego this month, that's ok. Gives me another month to enjoy my favorite adult beverage LOL
mommamindy, MoonAngel702 and Ame C like this.
March 31st, 2013, 05:02 PM
How many DPO are you? If you have that many $ tests, I would test every day too. I am REALLY trying to hold out testing until 10 DPO...will I make it? Who knows...
mommamindy likes this.

March 31st, 2013, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
If it helps any, I used a dollar store test and a blood test. My blood test was a 71 but my dollar test was still a squinter and a turn it to the light...is that a line, type of test, lol. I thought they picked up a line between 5-10 and I was way over that. Just sayin......
I hope you get your bfp!
March 31st, 2013, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
geogeek - I think I'm about 10 dpo today...I THINK. since AF never shows up the same day every month lol JUST TAKE IT! LOL

Good to know Kbleksmom! Gives me some hope! haha
March 31st, 2013, 08:00 PM
Beautiful Life!
I agree with daily testing! And I agree, at a dollar a day, it's a lot better than most other addictions I've had in the past!
MoonAngel702 and Ame C like this.

March 31st, 2013, 08:13 PM
I usually cave in around 8-9 DPO. The only time I didn't do that, I was in the middle of a move and was oblivious to the fact I could be pregnant. First test I took and it was blaring positive at 16 DPO. That was my loss in February.
mommamindy likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 08:15 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this post. It's like the girls are waving dollar bills at Cort tempting her to test every day. Cort, I think you should pilfer the couch looking for loose change.
smsturner and Ame C like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Regular
Are you going to ask for your blood test today? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

1 partial molar pregnancy and 2 ectopics. Read my story here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search