Update on me *pregnancy mention* *UPDATE ON MY UPDATE, lol*

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls I wanted to update you on my NT scan! I had it yesterday and it could not have gone better! Baby is *perfectly* healthy so the issues that we had with Evey are definitely not here this time around. I'm sure I'll still be on pins and needles when we have the anatomy scan since obviously baby is still too tiny to get a good look at the vital organs, but still. I'm on knowing this baby is doing so well.

We didn't get a pic of the "angle of the dangle" but I'm pretty sure I saw it and it looked boyish to me But I guess we'll find out for sure in about 2 weeks for our gender scan!

I saw a new doctor with a new office this time and I LOVE her! She is so sweet, down to earth, and doesn't make me feel like an idiot. She is just what I needed this time around. She is completely confident that this baby is gonna be just fine

Along with the NT scan I got some blood work done to check for any abnormalities. I seriously doubt anything will come back, as does my Doctor. But it'll be nice to have that reassurance.

It was funny, well, actually kinda goosebumpy.... while in the exam room they have all these pictures of babies she had delivered. On one of the pictures was a baby named Everleigh. I have never seen a baby named what we named our baby, especially the same spelling. AND this baby was born on August 11th (2011 though, not 2012) which was my LMP date for Everleigh. So yeah. I'm all about "signs" since there have been so many this time around and it was just really comforting to see that.

Anyway! I'm still stalking you all and praying for rainbow babies soon! Love you all girls!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I wasn't sure how appropriate it was for me to still post here after I got my BFP. And when I got pregnant, I was scared to death that this pregnancy wouldn't stick, I just didn't want to cause anyone pain here only to end up losing the baby. So I wanted to wait until we got to see baby... well... we did!!

On Friday I went in for my pre-screening appointment and while we were there we talked about my history and a bit what the plan would be this time. The nurse saw I was 11 weeks and wanted to try to get the NT measurements then instead of chancing it and missing that 11-13 week window when it needed to be done. Needless to say, I was shocked. I was shaking on the way to the appointment and I was just figuring on paperwork and bloodwork, but it was officially starting that whole process that had me scared to death. I kept telling myself "it's just paperwork and bloodwork, we aren't going to try to see the baby. Just breathe". So yeah, when we walked back to the room I almost puked. Last time I had a scan I was told we lost our little girl.

But I somehow managed to get up on the table myself and we saw the baby! Wiggling and kicking like crazy! Had a perfect heart rate of 180. And yes, I totally cried. Out of relief knowing everything was ok and out of joy. I finally was able to allow myself to be happy.

To get good measurements the baby needs to be 11w3d? or something like that Baby was 11 weeks exactly so we are going to come back on April 11th (12w6d) to get the NT measurements. I can not wait to see how big the baby gets!

Here's a pic of babe waving at us it's too bad the pic didn't get how long his/her legs are.

So anyway, that's my news I'm still following you girls in here! Hoping you all get your BFP's soon! If it's ok I'll leave a couple responses here and there? Love all you girls, you all have helped me so much.

Last edited by anothermother; April 12th, 2013 at 08:37 AM.
April 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy for you honey. What great news (and I totally would have cried too)

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww!!! that's awesome! brought tears to my eyes reading!! congrats!!!! I hope this pregnancy is stress free and easy and that you have a perfectly happy, healthy little one!
April 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Congratulations!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!! That is a beautiful U/S

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM
Beautiful Life!
It brought tears to my eyes as well! I'm so happy for you! And really hope you do keep us posted! And I can't wait to see next week's pics!

April 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
So happy for you!!!
April 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The best news! Congratulations! Every mother who shares their success story shares hope.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 1st, 2013, 05:47 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Such a sweet little gummy bear!! I had a feeling that was why you stopped posting in here for a while. I can't speak for everyone but I can surely speak for myself when I say how much happiness and joy It gives me to see and hear about the positive steps we take in our journey. It's not all about heartache and suffering, there ARE happy endings. There ARE rays of hope, even if we have to dust off a few windows first to find one. I'm so happy for you Christine and so proud of your growing little one. I feel as if I am getting a new niece or nephew. That's how close I feel I have gotten with many of you!

I'm looking forward to all of the updates but even more-so than that, I'm looking forward to seeing you and that little rainbow of yours spending a lifetime of happiness together!

We have missed you in here ((hugs))
April 1st, 2013, 05:50 PM
Regular
Wonderful news! I am sure I would have cried too! Congratulations

1 partial molar pregnancy and 2 ectopics. Read my story here.
April 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
for some reason at work I can't see pics. I just logged on at home and got to see your u/s pic!!! BEAUTIFUL congrats again!!!!!
April 1st, 2013, 08:39 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Amy said it perfectly! I'm so happy you decided to update over here! It does give us hope and uplifting to see great news!

Congrats again and I can't wait for more updates!!!

Ame C likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:59 AM
Just keep breathing.
Congratulations to you! How wonderful to welcome a new little one.
April 2nd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Veteran
Beautiful baby and strong mama! Please keep us posted, it makes my heart happy
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14
April 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
update on my update!

April 12th, 2013, 09:10 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey sweetie!! So so glad for you that everything is looking so great!! Big hugs

(and i love your updates...feels like i still have at least a friend or two left from my ddc )

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I love the reassurance of all the signs your getting. That reminds me, I totally forgot to tell you... A few nights ago it was cool and felt really nice outside so I was sitting looking up at the sky admiring the clouds. Normally I don't ever see clouds (or stars) at night because of all the light pollution. One of the clouds was in the shape of a C. Immediately I was thinking "Clyde." I got my cellphone and was messing with it trying to get a picture but they were all coming out pitch-black. During the struggle of trying to get a picture of the cloud shaped like a C, it slowly turned into a capitol E and the very first thing I thought of was Everleigh. As soon as I saw the E, I started crying. Our little ones watch over us and know we are friends. I think it was a sign that Clyde and Evey know each other in heaven and are friends too. I know they aren't alone but I do hope they have each other. It makes me happy to think that that's what the clouds meant. I have seen clouds shaped like "things" before but never letters of the alphabet, that's why I really feel like it was a sign.

Anyways YAY for awesome Dr appointments!!!!
mommamindy and cortln like this.
April 12th, 2013, 12:00 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy you received good news *sigh* of relief. I'll be waiting for more good news over the next months. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful baby pics!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 12th, 2013, 12:33 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yayyyy - so glad you got more good news Those are amazing U/S pics so happy for you and soooo happy all is well. Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 12th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally believe in signs and am so happy this is going so wonderfully for you!!! Keep us posted

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search