My Dr. Appt this morning

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 2 Post By cortln
  • 2 Post By mommamindy
  • 1 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I just got to work and am freaking out a little. I completely forgot to ask for the blood test (preg test) because I was too busy freaking out about my ovary! When I was pregnant, I had a cyst on my right ovary - I learned that this was normal for pregnancy. When the Dr. pushed on my right side, I felt pain, he said my ovary was enlarged and mentioned a cyst. He wants me to have an ultrasound done to find out what type of cyst it is.

AF should be showing up mid-end of this week so I'm hoping that's what's going on.

My aunt (dad's sister) has ovarian cancer so I think this might be why I'm so nervous.

The earliest I can get in for an ultrasound is April 15th!! My mom said if the Dr. thought it was serious, he would have gotten me in asap.

Has anyone else had this happen?
April 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to agree with your mom. It's great news that you aren't in an emergency scan right now!!

I hope everything is perfect down there and that the next two weeks fly right by!
cortln likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I have never had that happen before but I did have a cyst on my ovary when I was pregnant as well. Maybe it is an indication you could be preggo? If not, I hope it is nothing serious.... KUP!
April 1st, 2013, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are trying and I was hoping to get a BFP by the end of this week. I'm hoping that's the reason for the cyst, however, it still scares the heck out of me!

I think I'm going to call the Dr. office back today and tell them if there are any cancellations, I want in sooner!
April 1st, 2013, 09:49 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think everyone has at least one cyst during pregnancy... it's called the corpus luteum cyct (or something like that). Basically, the follicle that housed the egg becomes the corpus luteum, which is a cyst that produces progesterone until the placenta can take over. So the CL cyst is actually something they look for in pregnant women. I guess sometimes it can get bigger or tender, too.

Also, I don't remember if you took meds to get pg or not (sorry, my memory sucks!), but those also often cause cysts. I have had cysts after every single cycle, and especially while pregnant.

I agree that if your doctor thought it was something to worry about, he'd have gotten you in sooner.
April 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't take any meds to get pregnant. I guess I'll find out soon if the reason for the cyst is pregnancy, I will continue to do my daily testing tomorrow haha

I'm such a worrier, I really hope that the cyst is nothing to freak about.
April 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything is alright! Keep us posted!!!

I am still keeping my Fx you get your BFP any day now!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 1st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
April 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
got my dr. appt for my ultrasound moved up to this wed at another ultrasound location. Thank goodness, I didn't know what I was going to do having to wait 2 weeks to find out what was going on.
April 1st, 2013, 01:43 PM
Beautiful Life!
I get cysts off and on. I actually just had one that finally let up on my right side, after nearly two months of pain off and on. Normally mine just go away on their own. This last one I almost went in for it, as I was afraid I was going to need them to drain it or something, but it finally burst. About ten years ago, I had an u/s for pain and they told me I had a cyst or two. They said it's perfectly normal for women of child-bearing years to get cysts. So I don't worry too much about them. And I've never seen a Dr. about them again since. Glad your Dr.'s making sure everything is ok., but I don't think you need to worry. KUP!

April 1st, 2013, 02:51 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cysts are very common, both related and not related to pregnancy. I got one pretty big one when I was on progesterone a few years ago when we were not TTC. It burst one day and it was very painful for literally 33 seconds. And that was it.

Good Luck and KUP

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 1st, 2013, 05:25 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I know nothing about this, but reading the replies made me feel better so I hope it helped put your mind at ease a little.

April 1st, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, these posts definitely make me feel better. Do your ovaries also get swollen with the cysts? I can turn the smallest little issue into a crisis. I literally thought I had a disease once because I watched a lifetime movie, I swear I have a problem.

I'm sure your all right and I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for your replies girls
mommamindy and Ame C like this.
April 1st, 2013, 09:23 PM
Beautiful Life!
I remember you talking about the lifetime movie incident! Lol! And I thought of that today when I first read this topic and almost told you to stay off Google! But I also know some things can be scary and it is better to be safe than sorry. I do hope and pray it is just a normal cyst with you and will go away on it's own. I don't know that my ovaries get swollen, but I do believe the cyst may have kept me from getting pg the past two months. Again, I don't know for sure, but I don't think my body o'ing properly because of it. That's purely a hypothesis. And I do know that the cysts cause me to have a lot of pg symptoms, but since this last one burst last week, I feel much better and the symptoms went away quickly.

Hope that helps! Please keep me posted on what the Dr. says!
Ame C and cortln like this.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Veteran
Sorry you are going through this! I have had multiple cysts throughout my life, pregnant and non-pregnant. I had one rupture which was really painful, and I also had one during my entire pregnancy with my son. It was large (2-3 inches) and remained stable so I had it removed when he was 6 months old. I have another one on my right ovary that has been there and not changed for about 5 years (during which I had my daughter). Docs feel that if it's not bothering us, we will not bother it.
The ultrasound will be the best way to know what you are dealing with and how to handle it. Benign cysts are very common in women during child-bearing years, I will be thinking extra positive thoughts for you!
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14
April 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes mommamindy LOL I need to stay off google for sure lol

It's good to hear other stories, makes me feel better!!
mommamindy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search