Yesterday's testing experience lol

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 2 Post By cortln
  • 2 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to share a funny little story about my testing experience yesterday. I bought several dollar store tests. I have never used these before, so I didn't realize that you didn't actually pee directly on them like the ept's and generic one's lol

I wake up and of course have to pee soooo bad and since having my daughter I have some problems holding it LOL Anyways, I literally run to the bathroom and open up the little box, thinking, gee, this is different, it has this little bitty clear plastic thingy with the test (at the time I didn't realize it was a dropper that you could squeeze the end of).

I'm looking at this thing and decide to get out the directions. Keep in mind, I'm sitting on the toilet trying to hold it while I figure this darn thing out.

It says to pee in some kind of container, i was like CRAP! I don't have a container and no time to run to the kitchen, I see a water bottle on the counter and decide that would be too hard to pee in, then thought maybe i'll try to pee into the dropper and quickly decided that was a bad idea, THEN i see my daughters minnie potty chair. YES, I PEED IN THE MINNIE POTTY CHAIR!

So then I'm looking at this little plastic thing, trying to figure out how to get the pee in it to drop into the test LOL I drop the plastic thing into the potty chair and it's not filling up. I finish the directions haha figure out it's a dropper that you have to squeeze, so pee on my hands and in the dropper I FINALLY got the pee in the test.

WHY ARE THEY SO COMPLICATED? HAHAHA

Note to self: READ DIRECTIONS NIGHT BEFORE TESTING.
April 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ahhahahaha!!! Oh no!! That's so funny and so frustrating all at once!!

I remember being very surprised too. When I really had to pee. I ended up peeing in the little foil bag it came in and using the dropper from that lol
mommamindy likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't even think about the foil! that would have worked! hahahaha

Last edited by cortln; April 1st, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
April 1st, 2013, 11:29 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I laughed so hard. That would have been so frustrating, but in hindsight hilarious! This is the reason why I always have a cup near my toilet. Probably confuses people who use it.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

April 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
at least you still got it done! That is commitment and quick thinking
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 1st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Beautiful Life!
OMG! This just made me laugh so hard! I could see myself using a potty chair as well. I never thought of the foil. I have used my toothbrush cup before, and water cup I have in there. Now I just have plastic cups below my sink with the tests, after having near failed attempts in the past and peeing all over myself as well. Better luck next time!

April 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to invest in pee cups!
New Baby Boy Born March 24. Our second miracle!
April 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
LMBO!!!

It didn't come with a little cup to pee in?? Either way, thank you, I needed a pick me up today, LOL!

***edited***
Oh wait, its the ovulation kit that I use that came with the peepee cup. I use this small glass cup that we have a few of. It's meant for condiments like ketchup or something, not so much meant for a pee cup but hey it works and it's easy to clean out BUT I keep it in the bathroom cuz I don't like the idea of dipping my fries in something I once held under myself to collect pee in
mommamindy likes this.

Last edited by Ame C; April 1st, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
April 1st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
"Pee cups" aka dixie cups are on my grocery list for this weekend! You guys are full of ideas LOL
mommamindy and Ame C like this.
April 1st, 2013, 07:02 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
LOL!! - You crack me up!

April 1st, 2013, 08:43 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Oh my goodness!!! I have to say, it really takes a lot to make me LOL... And this totally did it for me! thank you for seriously making my day!
April 2nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
glad I gave everyone a chuckle lol I told my husband I peed in Tatum's minnie mouse potty chair and he looked at me like I had 3 heads haha

I told him "whatever, you just don't get it" lol
mommamindy and Ame C like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search