If you are ttc now...

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By islandbaby
  • 1 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 04:04 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
are you doing anything special...change of diet, boy/girl diet, taking any special vitamins/supplements etc. Anything else I am not thinking of?

I'm just curious. I have the go ahead from my Dr. I haven't gotten my first AF yet, but I want to be prepared ahead of time for pregnancy, should it happen. He did say I could start taking my prenatals again as well as the calcium supplement I was taking while pregnant. Should I be taking extra folic acid? Changing my diet?

It's been a really long time since I've actually ttc, lol
Ame C and cortln like this.
April 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I'm so freakin happy to read this from you!! Best of luck!!

All I'm doing is taking my prenatal gummies, which I pretty much hate now. So sick of them. I have been purposely eating more spinach and making more coffee for DH and I this past week. I wouldn't mind either way but hoping for another boy. Just read about the Shettles method the other day so it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference. I'm not following the timing like it says you should. For example it says for a boy you should time dtd right around O. We are dtd everyday/every other day so we definitely don't miss the eggy. All I'm trying to do is change my body PH to a more 'alkaline' level vs acidic. An alkaline PH is more favorable to male swimmers I guess. We shall see.

islandbaby likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I have been on my thyroid meds longer. I will be on Progesterone at 3DPO on. We are doing the sperm meets egg plan (intercourse timing and OPKs). I think that is about all the things we are doing.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Just keep breathing.
Extra folic acid can't hurt. I took CoQ10 before ovulation- I read it helps with egg quality, though you have to take a lot of it- 1000 units a day.
April 17th, 2013, 06:14 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take Prenatals and Omega 3's (I don't get them in my diet much, i'm a non-fish person lol). Most prenatals have extra folic acid, but it can't hurt to take extra.

If you are using the gummy vitamins, make sure they have iron!! Many companies don't put iron in the gummies, because it's all too common for kids to find them and eat them all, and it's dangerous for them.

So excited to hear this from you!!! if you don't email me soon with all these juicy details, I'm coming to the bahamas to find you!!! lol

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 17th, 2013, 06:17 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of sticky dust to you girls!!

January will be one awesome DDC
April 17th, 2013, 07:17 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsturner View Post
So excited to hear this from you!!! if you don't email me soon with all these juicy details, I'm coming to the bahamas to find you!!! lol

Oooh...I am NOT emailing you, lol....book your ticket now
April 17th, 2013, 08:07 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you have the green light from your doctor!!!! I still have another couple months before we can start but I am working on regular exercising (walking and jogging), stretching, eating healthy (added a lot of spinach and green beans to my diet), taking my prenatals, and just trying to be more conscious of everything I eat in general. I really like to feel like I have a plan and am doing something so that is what I have going right now

Fx for you!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search