For those who've taken Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 08:01 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those who have taken Clomid, did you have any side effects, in particular headaches / migraines?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never taken clomid so I cant be of much help here. Hope you are feeling alright!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 17th, 2013, 08:35 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi hun.
I get headaches from time to time anyway, some migraines. I didn't notice having any more around clomid than normal, but I've heard some get that side effect. For me, the side effects were mild. I had hot flashes, mood swings, and felt all kinds of things in my ovaries. I swear I could feel them move with every step lol Not painful, just odd.
I am on the lowest dose of clomid though, and obviously the higher doses tend to get more side effects.
The two most concerning things for ttc are your lining can thin down because of it, and your cm tends to not show up as normal. Most women on the lower doses don't have a lining problem.

We use preseed anyway, but I did have some ewcm, and my lining was totally fine.

Are you thinking of taking it for any reason?

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 17th, 2013, 10:18 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB mentioned when I had my last appt. that since I'm older and we don't have alot of time on our hands and I don't have a positive O more than 2x in 6 months, she would like to keep it an option. Oddly enough, the 2 positive Os I had resulted in pregnancies both times.

Bear in mind, I might have just missed it. I do use OPKs every cycle, consistently, but that doesn't mean much.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search