Proper Introduction (miscarriage mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
So I am sorry that I came on here and just began to ask questions. My name is Jenn and I am the mother of two kids. Rylin (6 today) and Emmalynne (4). Just recently my husband (active duty Navy) was out to sea for a few months. When he returned we DTD and of course next thing I knew I was pregnant. We were both excited as I am sure most are, but that slowly stopped when I went in and was supposed to be like 5 weeks and they found no sac. There was nothing showing that anything had begun other than the HCG levels in my system. After two long weeks, some back pains, bleeding, and many sticks to check levels they determined I was having a miscarriage. I am still kind of numb from the thought and really in no way feel that it has completely sunk in. I know it has as I have done some crying and all but I do not think that it has 100% sunk in.

I thought it strange that I all of a sudden wanted to immediately try again and I was not even done bleeding from the miscarriage, but then as I began to do research I found that many women do not want to wait because they do not want to be reminded of the miscarriage. That sounds about right. Either way here I am.

I am a military spouse and we are soon to transfer. That is coming up in August. We are going to be moving to Washington state and are currently in Hawaii. I am a student as well and in graduate school. It is nice to meet you all.
April 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello Jenn - I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. My name is Elle, DH and I are trying to conceive our first- it is really nice to be on here and have the support of other ladies who have been in similar situations. This is a really amazing group. I look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 17th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Jenn! So sorry for your loss
April 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Just keep breathing.
Welcome officially, Jenn I'm Mel, also ttc my first after 2 losses.
April 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Welcome I'm in a very similar situation as you. Got pregnant with baby #3 very unexpectedly, but so happy about it. Never felt 'right' during my pregnancy and ended up finding out that I had a 'missed miscarriage' followed by a D&C the day I should have been 12 weeks and as well as my 35th birthday It took me a while to get my thoughts straight about ttc again, but I've officially decided that is what I want to do! It's been over 4 weeks since my D&C...still patiently waiting for AF to show up though, lol. Anyway, my name is Samantha and it's nice to meet you, even if it has to be under these sad circumstances!
April 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome. I am so sorry for your loss. I felt the same way as you after my loss. I wanted to begin trying immediately because I felt that it would help to dull the pain. Good Luck with TTC and I hope you get a BFP quickly.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 17th, 2013, 01:30 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
Thanks!! I hope I can but at this point I think we are going to be out for a few months. I was really hoping to NOT be but I am not sure that I am going to ovulate when I need to. If that makes sense.
April 17th, 2013, 02:21 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Hi Jenn, I am so sorry for your loss (((HUGS))) but welcome to the group. A lot of ladies want to TTC again immediately after a loss, so def don't worry about having those feelings...very normal.
April 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jenn! Welcome!
I'm sorry for your loss.
April 18th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jenn, so sorry for your loss! I am Cary, I had my 1st missed m/c back in '08 and went on to have a healthy baby about 11 months later. I had a 2nd missed m/c in '11 and had another healthy baby 11 months after that. For me, TTC again right away (as soon as I was healed from the procedures - 2 D&Es) was what I needed to get past everything. I hope and pray that you catch that eggie before your DH has to deploy. HUGS and sticky BFP dust comin' at ya!

April 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Welcome! I am so sorry for your loss. I am one of those women that just keep on trying when I can after a loss. I have my miracle rainbow Marsi after 4 losses. I have had 3 losses since while TTC #2.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search