problem free & healthy baby after miscarriage

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By islandbaby
  • 2 Post By melissalaw
  • 3 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 2 Post By humnck
  • 2 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Daisee37
  • 2 Post By L-SBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know most of us here are TTCAL since obviously that is what this board is called but I'm just curious how many of you have had a problem free & healthy baby after a miscarriage? I know two people personally who had a perfectly uneventful pregnancies and heatly babies after a miscarriage.

I guess I'm asking because I'm just having anxiety about my next pregnancy.
April 18th, 2013, 07:01 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
For the most part, yes. I had an SCH bleed at 11 weeks. I was on bed rest for a few weeks after stopping some pre term labor at 30 weeks. She was also born with a heart condition and needed surgery at 5 months old. But, I consider it a very good pregnancy and a healthy baby. She was born after 4 losses.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 18th, 2013, 07:01 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I am also very curious about this. I know a lot of the ladies in the Sept/Oct DDC's have had a loss/losses before and then have gone on to have healthy pregnancies afterwards.

I know all the statistics of miscarriages / missed miscarriages/ etc. and my Dr. telling me how it was just a fluke...etc. etc. etc. None of it makes me feel 100% great and I am still worrying that maybe I have some sort of an infection that caused me to miscarry, what if my eggs are not as healthy or the sperm wasn't the best...I am now researching supplements we could both take to help the egg and sperm so we have a better chance.

Anyway, thanks for posting this!!!
cortln likes this.
April 18th, 2013, 07:40 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a m/c in June of 2011 then I had one AF then in August 2011 I got a BFP and gave birth to a healthy baby boy in April 2012. I had basically a healthy and problem free pregnancy. I did have a really bad stomach bug that started labor at 33 weeks but labor stopped and he stayed in until I was 39 weeks. So it is definitely possible to get pregnant quickly after a m/c and have a problem free pregnancy.
cortln and islandbaby like this.
April 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I know people IRL who had stillbirth and/or a miscarriage and still went on to have a healthy baby after and they were problem free pregnancies as far as I know.
Ame C, cortln and islandbaby like this.
April 18th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a m/c April 2008, had one AF and got pregnant early June that same year and had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby March 2009. Had another m/c August 2011, had one AF and got pregnant again end of September/early October 2011 and had another healthy pregnancy and baby June 2012. It can happen, I know the wait is hard and the loss sucks, try (easier said than done) to keep faith in knowing that it has happened for many.

I pray that you get your sticky BFP soon!!
April 18th, 2013, 08:29 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully Momof6lopez will stop by and tell you her story. But if she doesn't come by, you can find a little bit of her story here:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ch-google.html (Too Much Google)

It's hard to have hope when you see so many of us here, but try to keep your chin up!

Wife to Big Bull 39
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not have any children yet but have read many stories on JM about women who had miscarriages and then went on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies. My doctor says that is very common as well. Just hearing my doctor say that really gave me hope. It is still a scary thing we are all going through but it helps to know many of have been here before and now have happy healthy babies. Hang in there!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 18th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I really like hearing the positive stories, may not help 100% with my worries but does help.
humnck and islandbaby like this.
April 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little afraid of jinxing myself by posting here, but maybe with enough knocking on wood, things will be OK... I consider myself one of those people who had/has successful pregnancies after loss. 6 years ago when we were TTC#1, I had an early chemical pregnancy. We then went on to have my son, and that pregnancy was perfect and uncomplicated (well, I went into preterm labor at 34.4 weeks and he was born then, but he was totally healthy and there was never any explanation for the preterm labor). Then a couple years later we got pg with #2, and I went full term with her and had no problems at all during that pregnancy.

Last year we started TTC#3, and I had 2 losses--a blighted ovum at 7 wks and a missed miscarriage and 9 weeks (after a hb was found). I'm now 14 wks pregnant, and other than a little bleeding around 7 weeks, so far things have been OK (knock on wood, knock on wood). I am a lot more paranoid this time around after my last 2 losses, but I have a doppler at home and check for a hb maybe 2 or 3 times a week with it, and my scan at 12 weeks looked good, too. So I'm hoping that I'm now one of those women with a successful pregnancy story after loss.
islandbaby likes this.

August 2012 December 2012
April 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
My pregnancy with Savannah, about 5 months after my 1st m/c, was as uneventful and problem free as anyone could have hoped, despite the fact that I had a (then undiagnosed) gene mutation impacting blood clotting. This pregnancy I haven't been as lucky, but other than the SCH nothing else has been an issue so far.

Statistically, most women go on to have healthy pregnancies after losses so try not to worry too much (impossible I know).

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 18th, 2013, 10:39 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We lost our little girl at 17 weeks back in December. We are currently 14 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) and everything looks as healthy as can be. I, also, hear a lot of stories of women going on to have healthy babies after a loss. I do have a lot more anxiety this time around though.... But the worst of it passed when we saw a healthy baby.
April 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
It's so good to read positive stories!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search