Made my first Dr. appt.

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By islandbaby
  • 1 Post By jennmommyoftwobeauties
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By Sunrise
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By L-SBB
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Beautiful Life!
I finally broke down and called today. I was hoping to get in early and be reassured that everything is ok, but the PA who see's everyone for their first appt. said that she doesn't see any reason for me to come in early. I tried explaining that I'm having serious anxiety, but she said anyone whoever's had a m/c usually does but she's sure everything sounds like it's fine and it's best for me to wait until at least 8 weeks to come in. So my appt. is exactly at my 8 week mark. That's 3 whole weeks away!!! I told my DH I was feeling anxious and he asked if I was still testing. I told him I hadn't for a few days because stupid wal-mart was out of frer's but I had just picked up some more. So I came home and tested and was reassured, the line is a lot darker than the control line now. I just can't help still being anxious. I had to share with all of you because I know you all understand. Thanks for listening.

April 23rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I can totally understand your anxiety. Interesting how Drs are all different. Mine said once I get a positive test, he wants to know about it right away! I hope the next three weeks fly by for you!

Congratulations, by the way
mommamindy likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I am glad you got some reassurance with the tests. I can understand your being nervous. I was and still am. My doctors here (the military) did not do any appointments until you are 10-12 weeks. To me I wonder what the sense is cause you have gotten a bit through your pregnancy.
mommamindy likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm sorry they're not being more comforting. Though odds are they are entirely correct that everything is fine.
mommamindy likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am sorry that your doctor won't have you in earlier. For miscarriage ladies it should be at 6 weeks 7 max. I can't remember, but do you have multiple losses? My doctor wants to see me at first + test for bloodwork and an ultrasound at 6.5 weeks. It could easily be because of my multiple losses though.
mommamindy likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
Beautiful Life!
Thanks ladies. I've only had one loss, which is why she said she won't see me earlier. I agree they should see you earlier though. I think anyone that's had a m/c should be seen earlier their first pg after the m/c, just for reassurance. I'm glad I have people that understand. It's going to make me crazy the next few weeks.

April 24th, 2013, 05:55 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm so sorry Mindy I'm afraid this OB will do the same with me. When I called yesterday to let them know about the positive she went ahead and made an appt for 4 weeks from now (right now for me it's so hard to even think that far ahead). And that's not even with the doctor. I'm thinking once I get through these early days I will ask the doctor or his nurse directly if I can get an early u/s. I don't know if they will but its worth a shot!

(((HUGS))) I hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you! Make sure to keep us posted!
mommamindy likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's strange too. My OB didn't want to see my until 8 wks last time. And she never did a drop of blood work. Not before during or after my 8 wk appt. After my D&C at 12 wks, she told me to call her in 2 or 3 mos. No blood work. I thought that was a little strange.

I know we are probably a teeny bit crazy, especially after a few losses, but you'd think the OB would understand and at least do a few betas and at least an early appt for nerves sake.
mommamindy likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 24th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like the Debbie downer of this post! I'd ask to speak with the actual OB, explain your concerns, and if they're not on board- find another group that is you have a choice. And most importantly, you need to feel comfortable with your doctor. You're not crazy! Im sure everything will be fine, but you need to feel heard and be supported. GL and plse kup!!
mommamindy likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Beautiful Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonAngel702 View Post
I'm so sorry Mindy I'm afraid this OB will do the same with me. When I called yesterday to let them know about the positive she went ahead and made an appt for 4 weeks from now (right now for me it's so hard to even think that far ahead). And that's not even with the doctor. I'm thinking once I get through these early days I will ask the doctor or his nurse directly if I can get an early u/s. I don't know if they will but its worth a shot!

(((HUGS))) I hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you! Make sure to keep us posted!
I can't believe they won't see you earlier either! Mine's not with the OB either, it's with the PA. Hope we both get some reassurance soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
I feel like the Debbie downer of this post! I'd ask to speak with the actual OB, explain your concerns, and if they're not on board- find another group that is you have a choice. And most importantly, you need to feel comfortable with your doctor. You're not crazy! Im sure everything will be fine, but you need to feel heard and be supported. GL and plse kup!!
We only have two OB offices here. The office I go to, I used to only go because his wife (now ex-wife) was the midwife in the office. She just opened her own office in town, but doesn't do OB stuff because of the agreement between the hospital and OB offices.

April 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
What?! Ugh!! How frustrating!! I hope these next 3 weeks go by super fast and stress free for you.
mommamindy and Sunrise like this.
April 24th, 2013, 12:33 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
sigh...if it makes you feel any better my OB is exact same way, even with multiple m/c 8wks is the earliest they will see someone absent a complication (like bleeding). The ONLY reason I was seen earlier than 8 weeks was because I had been moved under the care of an RE - I didn't actually see my OB with this pregnancy until I was almost 9 weeks along. Hang in there!! I know it's horrible difficult waiting and not knowing everything is ok (((HUGS)))
mommamindy likes this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is so frustrating!!! I am so sorry you are having to deal with that. Of course you are nervous I would want my doctor to be more comforting for sure.

I hope the time passes quickly for you. I am rooting for you and your sticky bean!!!
mommamindy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Just keep breathing.
mommamindy, you inspired me to make my first OB appointment I actually had kind of a mental block about it. Like, I can't really believe I'll need it.

I've had 2 losses, so I have had betas drawn- and actually have an early ultrasound tomorrow- but I had really mixed feelings about those, too. The betas weren't rising at first as fast as they should (but then they picked up) so that was stressful. And if the u/s isn't good, then that's just more stress. I just want to go to sleep for 9 months and wake up with a perfectly healthy beautiful baby. (and fully decorated nursery and daycare lined up, lol). The fact is, when you know everything can be fine one moment and crash the next, there is not much comfort.
mommamindy likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They didn't see me until 8 weeks with my second loss either. It sucks! I'm sorry you're dealing with this stress. I hope everything goes fine for you! Just breathe!
mommamindy likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh!!! that would make me so mad. I understand why your having anxiety. I've only had 1 miscarriage also but feel like even with 1 we should be seen a little earlier.

I hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you!!!
mommamindy likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Beautiful Life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelChicago View Post
mommamindy, you inspired me to make my first OB appointment I actually had kind of a mental block about it. Like, I can't really believe I'll need it.

I've had 2 losses, so I have had betas drawn- and actually have an early ultrasound tomorrow- but I had really mixed feelings about those, too. The betas weren't rising at first as fast as they should (but then they picked up) so that was stressful. And if the u/s isn't good, then that's just more stress. I just want to go to sleep for 9 months and wake up with a perfectly healthy beautiful baby. (and fully decorated nursery and daycare lined up, lol). The fact is, when you know everything can be fine one moment and crash the next, there is not much comfort.
Glad I inspired you! I still have a mental block about it! I can't wait to hear your next update about your u/s tomorrow!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search