Things are not good.

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Just keep breathing.
I had my u/s today. There is a sac, too small to measure. I should be at least 6w. I'm unsure of my LMP date, since I had a few days of spotting beginning 3/9 and full AF 3/13. Even if I counted CD1 as 3/13, they should be able to see and measure something. I know (from previous pregnancies) that their machines can measure as small as 4w5d. I'm apparently not even that.

I'm feeling kind of numb and hollow right now. Resigned. As much as I want to desperately try to scrabble at hope, the fact is, it's not looking good.
April 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!! I'm so so sad for you honey! I wish I could say something to make it better. Please take good care of yourself. Big hugs to you.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
April 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm so sorry I can't even imagine how you must be feeling...Just know that we are all here for you, praying for you and sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs your way!!! What exactly did they say at the appointment? Wait and see? Another ultrasound in a week or two?
April 25th, 2013, 12:45 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. What did the dr say? Are they going to check you again sometime soon?
April 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so so sorry is it possible that you Od late? If the doc went from my LMP they would be way off because I have Od as late as CD45. . . Do you have another appointment set up?

Have they been doing any betas? Everything is crossed for you and I am sending sticky bean dust your way!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not giving up hope. I know I shouldn't say that, because we should all prepare for the worst right? But I can't help it. There is so much crap and bad news in the world, I need to cling to something. Maybe you ovulated really late - ditto what Momology said. I'm in my second post MC cycle and I'm CD 18 and I haven't Od yet. Many women don't even get a positive test until 5w5d.

So until you get the worst news, I'll keep praying for you.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013

Last edited by lelila; April 25th, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
April 25th, 2013, 01:27 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
Awww I am sorry. I hope that you are just earlier then you expected and that all is okay. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
April 25th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Just keep breathing.
Thank you all for your support. My appt with my OB is next Wednesday, and I know I'll get another ultrasound then.

My betas were slow at first...
4/10 159
4/12 181
4/15 296 (I think)
4/18 870

They did start doubling at the end. But I didn't have another after the 870 so I don't know what they are now.

lelila, I used opks and ovulated around 3/26, which would have been somewhere bt CD 13-18 (depending on what day I'd count as CD1, between 3/9 & 3/13). I stopped using opks after that. i know it's theoretically possible to gear up to ovulate and then not, and then get another surge later. But I think it's really unlikely. This is exactly what happened with my second loss- slow growth from the beginning.
April 25th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, thoughts and prayers your way xoxoxoxo
April 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm so sorry the u/s wasn't great today. Will you be getting rechecked again sometime soon? Like next week or anything? Did the bleeding stop?

I really really hope things turn around and get better soon. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
April 25th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Regular
Oh Mel, I am so sorry to hear this. I am sending you big hugs and lots of thoughts and prayers.

1 partial molar pregnancy and 2 ectopics. Read my story here.
April 25th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry sweety.
April 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. I hate all of it! The early scans suck. But there is still hope. There IS a sac and you had doubling. By chance has anyone ever told you that you have a tilted uterus? I've heard that sometimes it's had to "find sac/baby" on ultrasound when the uterus is tilted. if you're freaking out- ask them to do betas again. At least this will get you to next weeks scan. GL. My thoughts are with you Mel.

April 25th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Beautiful Life!
I am so sorry. I went through the same situation with my loss, beta's rising but not like they should and then the u/s only showed a sac and a lot smaller than what I should have been. When I went back in a week later, my numbers had still went up and the sac was bigger, but no baby. Not hoping this is the same as you, just remembering the waiting and worrying was worse than finally knowing it was over. Hearing it was done was almost a relief by the time I heard the Dr. say it. So all I wanted to say was you're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you get answers soon.

April 26th, 2013, 08:14 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
waiting and not knowing is terrible, i'm sorry you're going through this ((((HUGS)))) i'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get better news at the next u/s
April 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Just keep breathing.
Thank you all for the support. I had a little bit of bloody mucus this morning, so I'm assuming the worst.

This was kind of like my last mc- I didn't do betas then, but it was a small sac. I feel at this point like I'm just waiting to mc. I really don't have any hope. I try to argue with myself about "maybe, despite the opk+, you really ovulated a SECOND time later and are earlier than you thought" or whatever. But there are just too many "ifs" and "maybes".

I'll follow up with my doc next week and figure out the next step.
April 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are going through this! HUGS!!!!
April 26th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Sending you my love ((hugs))

April 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so, so sorry honey.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 26th, 2013, 03:36 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I will keep you in my prayers. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search