UTI information

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 01:40 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I know that I should take the antibiotics. But I keep thinking back to when medicines were not there what was done. I talked to the doctors office and informed them that as a last result I wanted to take the meds. The test was supposed to be between 1-5 and I was only at 6, so it was the beginning of an infection. I am having no sex so obviously that bacteria is NOT going to be of an issue and I wash my hands more times then most people. I pee when I need to and have been drinking water and cranberry juice.

Is diarrhea associated with a UTI.? I had some back pains and such which led me to believe something was wrong which is why I had gone to the doctor on Sat. but now I am not having that. I am only having back discomfort from the diarrhea. I have those uti testing strips too and they have slowly decreased which is why I thought it was going away on its own. I contacted the doctor this morning to inquire on this.

What do you think? I know that most think take the antibiotics. Outside of that what do you think?

Might I add that years ago I had an actual kidney infection and that was sharp pains in the back (mid back).

In no way do I want people to think I am strange in not taking the medicine. It just seems I become allergic to so much and I worry about that with being here with the kids.
May 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I am also about to go take another uti strip.
May 1st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Welp I am keeping my fingers crossed. I took the first pill and due to nerves I feel bad so hard to tell anything.
May 1st, 2013, 02:39 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
If you have the strips and the results are showing that it is getting better, I wouldn't take the antibiotics. I had the beginnings of a UTI a little while ago and I managed it with loads of water and cranberry peeing every time I needed to.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 1st, 2013, 02:47 PM
Yea I took another strip and it turned purple almost immediately which told me it was getting worse yet I am no longer having symptoms. So I took the first dose. I hate taking stuff I have not taken before though when here with my kids.
May 1st, 2013, 03:14 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
If it is getting worse on the strips, definitely take them. You don't need it to turn into a kidney infection regardless of symptoms you are having.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM
Yea and I did not want to take them because of being here alone with my kids. I took one this morning at 11 am my time (about an hour and 20 minutes ago give or take).
May 2nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully the meds will get you feeling better soon. Have you been allergic to antibiotics before?

Diarrhea can lead to a UTI just because of all the bacteria involved with it. Although since you got it after your UTI I would not think that it was the cause.

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hippielovelocks's Avatar Regular
Hope you get better soon.

Trying for our second Rainbow since April 2012

We don't know how strong we are until
being strong is the only choice we have.
Never Give Up Hope
May 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
I am allergic to some other meds all of them being antibiotics but one. One is a pain reliever. So when they prescribe me something new I am always concerned about what I am taking.
May 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah that is really tough - my DH is allergic to several antibiotics as well but we know which ones he isn't allergic to so we stick to those. Hopefully you aren't allergic to this one and you can add it to your safe list! Has it been going well so far?

May 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
The first pill I took I had this odd feeling in my face but I am also allergic to other seasonal stuff here, and then on top of that I have a rash that is on my face that seemed to flair up right before my husband left. I think that was due to the vog here on island (volcanic ash and smoke). Then I took it last night and fell asleep right after taking it. I am about to take the third dose here in a few minutes.
May 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
So without sounding dumb as I normally do not pay attention, but at this point we all know why I want to keep track. I know they say to continue taking medicine even if you notice that things have gotten better. The thing I wonder is that when looking it up it says a short time frame.

How long after taking the antibiotics should I begin to see an improvement in the frequent urination and if still there chalk it up to more than a possible UTI symptom?
May 2nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
Just keep breathing.
Do you mean you wonder what "a short time frame" is, when you might start feeling better? I think it might be different for everyone, and depend on how much the infection is affecting you. Most times I've taken antibiotics for UTI, I notice the symptoms doing better in about 3-4 days. But of course I always finish the whole course, so the germs don't develop resistance to the drug.
May 2nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Yea I am going to take the medication for the extent of time since I began to take it. Just because I am hoping to test wanted to know when I should expect that the frequent urination is infection related or not. Does that make sense!? I notice my discomfort (not that I had much) has gone away thus far. I am just not sure about the urinating a lot.

I took those uti strips and on Sat. they said my levels were supposed to fall between 1-5 and it was a 6. So I was just starting the infection. Then I decided to try to get rid of it by picking up on drinking the water and cranberry juice but when I peed on one of the strips yesterday morning and saw that it was significantly positive I decided to start the antibiotics.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
I think your symptoms will go away in the next few days - so I would think frequent urination as a symptom of the UTI could last up to 5 days after you begin the meds.

But as Mel said - it is very important you take all the pills prescribed no matter what even once the symptoms are gone. But I think you are saying you plan to finish them anyway

Hope the meds work nice and fast for you!

May 3rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Yea I am on day 3 of 7. I stop taking it next week. I am fine with taking it aside from having to eat each time I take it. Then I have to wait to eat around those times. Either way I stopped having the urge to really urinate until this morning. Now I feel the need to pee more often. Wonder if it is still they symptoms from the UTI. I was told (by the doctor in email) that I am on the best thing FOR UTI's.
May 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just thinking of you. I HATE uti's. a few years ago a had maybe 4 in one year! I hope you're feeling significantly better. Keep drinking that water! And please finish those meds so it doesn't come back

May 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Yea last night I went to take my pills and thought oh I need to count them. Found that I had more pills then I should. I know I have taken the pills the way I was supposed to so that confused me as I know their system is a computer. I know that computers can have glitches. All the same it really bothered me that I had an extra pill because I began to feel like I had lost one somewhere along the line even though I know I have taken them all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search