Looking for answers

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By islandbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I am new to here but I just want to know if anyone could give me any insight or just some type of hope.
I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 yrs and had 4 miscarriages. I did all the lab work and everything came back normal. After my 3rd miscarriage my OB gave me progestrone to use if I was to miss my period and become pregnant. So I did miss my period and got a positive home test but a week later I went to get a conformation from my Dr. he said that my hcg was low, 27, and i might miscarry again. I did use the progestrone for that week but I still miscarried. I'm running out of reasons for why my bean is not sticking and it seems like my Dr can't find any other explanation for me. I have normal cycles but it comes every 30-34 days. I just don't know.
Did anyone went through this and successfully got pregnant?
Im slowly giving up and just afraid to try again.
May 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
First off, I am so sorry for your losses. It sounds similar to what happened to me when I was TTC my baby. I have a couple of questions. Were all your losses early losses? If they are, Progesterone is more likely a cause. As far as when to start the progesterone, I have always heard to start it 3 days past confirmed ovulation. By the time you get a positive, it could be too late. How do you confirm ovulation? Do you chart? Take OPKs? Are your periods clotty? Sorry for so many questions but with my little rainbow, my periods were extremely clotty and painful. I took progesterone after ovulation and a baby aspirin for 3 months before TTC and now I have my rainbow baby.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 10th, 2013, 06:24 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say again that I am so deeply sorry for your losses. The ladies on this board are so amazingly knowledgeable and helpful! I hope they can help you find some of the answers you are looking for
ksoblessed likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 10th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Hey, thanks for your reply.
My first miscarry was about 8weeks but they think that the baby died around 6 weeks, it took a while for it to pass. I was the most painful experience ever. The second and third one was 2-3 days after my missed period. The last one, last cycle, was a week later after I found out. I did waited 'til my missed period to use the progestrone which is what my doctor told me to do but after reading everyone post I guess I should have started as soon as I ovulated.
I usually know when I ovulate, I get period like symptoms; bloating, fatigue, and cramps that feel like I'm heavy down there. Me and my hubby feel that is it easier for us to just have sex every other day and everyday during ovulation, less stressful and it won't feel like it's a job.
My periods are pretty normal and I get it every month, clotty and sightly painful. I got tested to see if I ovulated and I do, each month.
I heard about the baby aspirin and i going to try it this cycle, actually I started taking yesterday.
My last misscarriage was tuesday
May 10th, 2013, 06:45 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. I'm so so sorry for your losses.

Are you going to just an ob? If so, I would definitely go to an RE at this point. 3 is usually what they refer you there for.

Have they done imaging tests, or just blood tests? I would wonder about uterine abnormalities, fibroids, or septums.

I really hope someone can do something for you!
ksoblessed likes this.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
May 10th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm so so sorry for your losses. It's so heartbreaking and frustrating to have no answers.
ksoblessed likes this.
May 10th, 2013, 07:06 AM
@smsturner, they have did a lot of blood tests and everything came back normal. I haven't did the imaging test yet but that was the next step but I want to try one more cycle before I do the test and start my progestrone a little earlier this time, after ovulation and see what happens.
My problem is staying pregnant and hopefully the progestrone works this time
May 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
@smsturner, they have did a lot of blood tests and everything came back normal. I haven't did the imaging test yet but that was the next step but I want to try one more cycle before I do the test and start my progestrone a little earlier this time, after ovulation and see what happens.
May 10th, 2013, 07:08 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I don't have anything to add, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your losses I truly hope that you get some more concrete answers and some peace!
ksoblessed likes this.
May 10th, 2013, 07:13 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Do you know if in the panel of blood tests they checked your Thyroid. Since having my bub my thyroid went all out of whack and most likely caused my 3 losses while TTC #2. When I got on thyroid meds my body just seemed to know what to do again.

I am glad that you are taking the baby aspirin. I feel that because of that little pill, I have my bub.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 10th, 2013, 08:06 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoblessed View Post
I'm glad you are looking into it and have a plan. Those things can stop implantation, but they can also cause a trend of early losses depending on implantation site. I really hope that you consider seeing an RE if you have no luck with that progesterone. My biggest regret is not going to one earlier.

I hope the progesterone works and you don't have to worry about any of it!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search