opk's??

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I started the SMEP this week. My cycles are shorter so I started DTD CD6 (wed) instead of CD8 (fri). I started OPK's CD8. Got home yesterday and took my 1st OPK ever. There were definitely 2 lines, obviously 1 was lighter than the other so I figured they'd just start getting darker eventually.

I took another before bed last night and it was actually lighter than when I got home from work! Took another this morning (2nd potty of day) and it was lighter again! What the heck???

I know I ovulate earlier since my cycles are 24-26 days but I really don't think I've ovulated yet at CD8 or earlier!! I haven't got the EWCM which I know will be happening in the next couple days.

Could it be possible that I ovulate CD8 or earlier? AF lasted till CD6 this month. When I was reading the directions (walgreens brand opk's) it said to start the day after your period ends.

Is it possible to ovulate during AF or a day after AF?

WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED
June 22nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just did another and it's even lighter than this morning! I almost don't see it at all! I think i ovulated already, the line was pretty dark on CD8. What the heck?! I'm only on CD9. I'm going to continue to take them and see what happens. If I don't get a positive this cycle I'm going to get more next month and start taking them before AF leaves to see what it tells me lol
June 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Veteran
It is possible to ovulate that early, but if you usually ovulate CD 10-12 and have not gotten all the other O symptoms, I would definitely keep testing. Since you are close to O, i would test 2-3 times a day. Once you get a positive you can stop testing. Don't think too much about the lines being dark or light, just that they are either positive or negative. Some women have a progression leading up to positive, but some don't and it just shows up out of the blue. Of course, keep BD'ing too Good luck!

10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

My Ovulation Chart
June 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok i'll keep testing lol It's just so strange, I have kept all the tests in a line since yesterday afternoon. Friday's was pretty dark, but they've just been getting lighter and lighter since so I dunno.. I've never done OPK's before so I have only been going by EWCM. I'm very curious to what the test is going to tell me when I have the EWCM.
June 23rd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Veteran
I am curious too! Hopefully it will be positive then, good luck!

10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

My Ovulation Chart
June 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So strange....test friday was dark, then friday evening very light...took 2 tests yesterday and could barely see a line.. took a test this morning and it was dark again (looks identical to friday afternoons) then just took another test and it's light again!!!
June 23rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm trying to figure out how to insert a pic...

June 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some of the darker/lighter may have more to do with how much you've been drinking too. Drinking more = lighter lines. Just a thought. Also, the first couple cycles opk's seem more confusing. After that you can look back and see the whole picture for the last cycle, and you can see how they work a little better.
June 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The drinking could have totally had something to do with it since I haven't been trying to drink less. It's just strange that Friday, I got a pretty dark line, Saturday no dark lines at all, Sunday got another dark line, 2nd one I took Sunday was lighter than the first but the last one I took last night before bed was as dark as the 1st one I took yesterday. Then this morning I took one and it was just as dark as the lines yesterday. I started noticing some CM yesterday, I should be seeing the EWCM today or tomorrow....

We dtd last night, now I'm wondering if I should consider the test positive and BD again tonight and tomorrow night, skip a night then BD one more time or if I should wait another day to start BD'ing 2 additional nights in a row. LOL SMEP isn't as easy for me as I thought it was going to be!
June 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OPKs can be really frustrating. I find in the beginning it is actually best to take it at the same time every day (or 2 times) like at noon and 4. It makes them much easier to compare to each other and also try to drink the same amount every day.

I think starting any new plan is hard. As long as you are getting some good BDing in at least every other day then you are doing really well! So try not to stress too much about the OPKs.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I definately got obsessed over the weekend lol I dont' have a choice today, left them all at home so can't take one while at work. I just went to the bathroom and had the EWCM soooo I'm going to take that as a good sign, going to take a test when I get home and then BD tonight, tomorrow night and either BD again the next night or skip a night then again one more night like the plan says LOL will be happy when the end of the week gets here so I can take a break! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search