Multiple + OPK; lots of Q's (m/c mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
**xp in older moms & just mommies intro boards**

Hi ladies,
I am new here, TTC #2 with ZERO luck!

About me: 41 in March; DH 43 last month; DD 2 in January
Went off Pill in Oct 09 after 10+ yrs; cycles went right back to 28 days & conceived easily 4/10.
Nursed DD for 20 months, AF came back at 18 mos right back to every 28 days.
Charted BBT, used OPK's, conceived right away 9/12.
No HB @ 9 week appt, followed up by D&C 2 days later.

Life since then, for many reasons, has not been the same!

In late March I had a bleed following a sonohysterogram to det why I hadn't had AF since the d&c. My OB wanted me to do a course of OCP "to build up a lining and induce a bleed" which I did following the SHG. No bleed, no surprise since I don't bleed on the pill.

Finally had what I guess was AF Mother's Day weekend. Started OPK's on CD 12, and got FIVE + OPK in a row! Waited a few days, bought a clear blue easy digital kit, had one neg then 4 + OPK in a row. These clear blue easy showed several days of "high" fertility, then I had 1 day of "peak" fertility. BD around that time.

Has anyone ever had multiple + OPK? What does it mean? Peri menopause? PCOS?
Could I have scarring from the d&c although I've had 2 bleeds?

I am just at my wit's end here. I mean, I used to be regular almost down to the hour, and since the d&c I'm all over the place. I'm 41 and REALLY want to have another baby before it's too late!

Sorry for such a long post!

Thank you for listening!
June 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm really sorry for your loss, and for all the crazy stress since then.

This may be a dumb question- are all the OPKs that are + truly as dark as the control line? Because there's always SOME kind of line (in addition to the control line). I believe your body always has some small level of luteinizing hormone. It's not like a pregnancy test, where even a hint of a test line means positive.
June 24th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first several days of positive opk's could possibly be just an LH surge that didn't result in ovulation. I have tested positive after ovulation for a few days as well as the normal 1-2 days before. It didn't mean anything for me. I ovulated 1-2 days after the first positive. I've since stopped testing after I get that first positive, unless my bbt's show I didn't actually ovulate yet.
June 24th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Thanks! Great questions. I should add my temps are really erratic, as are CM patterns (thought I saw some today, which...???). The first kit I used was leftover strips from the previous month Up & Up brand from Target. The test strip container had by then been open > 30 days. They started out almost as dark as the control line, then got darker. I thought it might be invalid so I bought Clear Blue Easy digital OPK (stick, not monitor). I waited a few days, got a negative w/ the first test, then a few days of flashing smiley faces, then a steady smiley face (indicating peak fertility).

Since I had 1 long cycle before this, I'm hoping, hoping, HOPING my body is just having a hiccup in regulating itself.

I don't think I've wanted AF so badly since I was 13, LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search