Time Line

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 07:06 AM
Six in the City
How long has everyone waited to start TTC again? And what has been the hardest part for you? I find that I am obsessive over it but it gives me something to focus on. But I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and it to go back to being unbearable.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.

Last edited by arngwifey; July 1st, 2013 at 07:41 AM.
July 1st, 2013, 08:57 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had to wait 6 months to TTC again because of the type of miscarriage I had. I found the waiting to be unbearable and now that we are back to TTC I find myself a little bit nervous but all the waits dont seem quite as bad (waiting to O, TWW. . . )

I do like having something to focus on like temping and OPKs. It makes me feel like I am doing something.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 1st, 2013, 09:35 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't given a specific timeline. My doctor told me what was most important was to be mentally ready. Our last loss was December 23, 2012. It was horrific, traumatic, torture. Not to mention, very expensive. We still have not recovered financially. I don't think there will ever be a total mental recovery for either of us. But, this month we are not preventing, so I'm hopeful for a BFP. My husband still isn't mentally ready, but he knows that more waiting isn't going to help that. So, I guess that has been the hardest part for me. Waiting for him to realize the pain of losing our son was never going away, and we have to go on with our lives and hope our next pregnancy works.
July 1st, 2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran
I lost this one on June 21st and just stopped bleeding. We are going to NTNP this cycle which Im not expecting to get pregnant, then once AF comes this month/next month we will be back to actively trying.

July 1st, 2013, 05:04 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
I'm not waiting.. my doc said to wait one cycle, and I asked her why - she said to date the pregnancy, but medically there is no reason to wait. Well... they can't date me anyways because my cycles are so weird ... so I'm hoping.

I m/c'd on 6/7... bled for another week and a half or so.. and it was pretty painful afterwards (physically) the first few times we tried, but everything is back to normal now.
July 2nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Veteran
We waited one cycle after the first loss and then waited to complete testing after the second. I think the forced waiting this time actually gave me a break that I would not have otherwise taken. We are trying again and the tww is so hard! I hope you recover quickly and I would say go for it when you feel ready.
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14
July 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had been trying for about four years when we had our loss. Infertility had already been so hard to get through, that we weren't willing to give ourselves much time. So we did a med cycle after waiting one cycle.
That didn't work, but the next month we got our bfp.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
July 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
OP, I am sorry for your loss. Hugs!

I was going to "wait one cycle," but I have been very irregular so that complicates things.
For a few months after my Nov missed m/c I really, really wanted to be pregnant again-you might even say obsessed. Then I realized I needed to give myself some time to heal emotionally. DH also appears ready to try again too, now 7 months later. I would have been happy to have been pregnant before this but my body is just not cooperating and my cycles are irregular.

OP, it seems like if you have "nothing else going on" w/ your body, and your cycles come back in a month or two, you can conceive again. Emotionally, I really feel ready now. As much as I desperately wanted to be pregnant right away after my loss, I don't think, now, that I was ready.

How are you feeling, emotionally and physically?

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
July 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I waited 3 months last time, but this time I just waited till after I got some test results back.
July 3rd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Just keep breathing.
After my first two losses, I waited one cycle. This time (after third loss), I'll have been waiting at least 2, since I am going to an RE at the end of this month. I may have to wait even longer depending on what testing the RE wants to do.

I have to say, this time it's actually been kind of a relief to be TTA. In the last year I've been either pregnant or miscarrying or waiting for a cycle to resume, on any given month. I want my rainbow baby desperately, but I'm very hopeful about the RE and am willing to wait an extra month or two to have a better chance.

As for the hardest thing? Geez, all of it?
July 3rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Super Mommy
I was planning on waiting only one cycle but with my husband's work schedule he hasn't been home at the right time so we are now on month four. Here's hoping that he will actually be home (or I may have to travel and make a conjugal visit).

03/13 - missed miscarriage at 11 weeks
July 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I MC'd on June 16, (yep happy fathers day to us) anyways, bled for a week and waited one more before being intimate with my hubby. We have been on an every other night pattern, and I have no idea if I will end up with a BFP or not, and do not really know when to expect my AF to show, so have no idea when to test!!! My dr said he would prefer we waited for one AF, but that we didn't technically have to wait. I guess when I go in next week for my hcg levels we will see...

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search